List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2016, 11:31:55 AM
Never been sore losers . . .

O'Se hitting the nail on the head here brass neck is right!!

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-tyrone-want-sympathy-don-t-make-me-laugh-1.2750925

Reads like Darragh still has a few sores that needs scratching from time to time. Himself and Oisin can't help sticking the boot in. Classy guys!
That was never a square ball!!

Applesisapples

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 10, 2016, 12:06:51 PM

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/darragh-%C3%B3-s%C3%A9-tyrone-want-sympathy-don-t-make-me-laugh-1.2750925

Reads like Darragh still has a few sores that needs scratching from time to time. Himself and Oisin can't help sticking the boot in. Classy guys!
He's 100% right both teams were at it on Saturday and if anything Tyrone's sledging was more obvious. Inter county football like any top level sport is played on the edge. suck it up and move on.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 10, 2016, 12:08:57 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 10, 2016, 12:06:51 PM

He's 100% right both teams were at it on Saturday and if anything Tyrone's sledging was more obvious. Inter county football like any top level sport is played on the edge. suck it up and move on.

I agree apples, all these ex-players wringing their hands about it is nauseating! Mickeys interview was 2 minutes after the final whistle. These guys are agonizing over an article for days for money too! One line from an interview giving them a full article worth of writing! Easy money! Move on lads, it all looks a bit petty, like they are settling old scores!
That was never a square ball!!

Farrandeelin

Never beat Mayo in last 8 onwards in the championship. 8)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

redhandefender

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 10, 2016, 04:37:53 PM
Never beat Mayo in last 8 onwards in the championship. 8)

Enjoy your annual bottling

ballinaman

jp2020

I love the auld "ahh they're just jealous and are settling old scores" line when someone has a go at us! Lets face facts the antics of a number of Tyrone players this year and for the past number of years has not been of the highest standard! And yes other counties are at it, but not to the extent and degree Tyrone are. This running and shouting into peoples faces continuously is not good to watch and not setting a good example to young fans, its saying that it is acceptable, as MH is condoning it. But not only that, against the better quality teams its actually giving them additional motivation, which it did to Mayo eg Aidan O'Shea - play with fire and you'll get burned!

Ex-players have a go, but when we were winning they had opinions and it wasnt seen as having a go! Because we seem to be at a level below the top table it stinks when i hear "ahh theyre settling old scores" - when actually they arent, they are stating facts, that in this case the majority of the general public agree with. Jordan wrote about Tyrone having to sort out attacking options, is that an ex-player having a go?!? No stating facts!

In my opinion MH and Sean made tits of themselves after the game and in subsequent interviews. Sean gave an interview which wasnt 2mins after the game in which he complained about players being targetted! Now that stinks and Tyrone have never had to whinge in public before cos they were able to do their answering on the pitch! This whinging is nearly as bad as Armaghs public statement on the Sunday Game! Sean is really been seen in a bad light here and looks like hes crying for attention, or maybe its a "please Sean dont quit" plea.

Im going to keep saying it - Mickey has set this standard and condones, if not encourages it and needs to go!

Helpline

Tyrone just aren't good enough to win all-Ireland, and the excuses being belted out by players and management are hurting the respect we had when we were good enough to bring Sam home. >:(
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

Canalman

Was very impressed from what I saw of Tyrone in the league final of 2013 ( I think). Had us beaten but for some class finishing by Dean Rock towards the end.  Looked to me then a team primed to make the next step forward to be serious AI contenders. Think they have plateaued (sic) since then.

Keep saying it but the current team does not have the quality of forwards the 00s team had and at the end of the day it is class forwards that win you AIs.

jp2020

Quote from: Canalman on August 12, 2016, 12:40:22 PM
Was very impressed from what I saw of Tyrone in the league final of 2013 ( I think). Had us beaten but for some class finishing by Dean Rock towards the end.  Looked to me then a team primed to make the next step forward to be serious AI contenders. Think they have plateaued (sic) since then.

Keep saying it but the current team does not have the quality of forwards the 00s team had and at the end of the day it is class forwards that win you AIs.
Completely agree! This "poor me" routine is a joke, Tyrone were able to use the dark arts to win Sam and could gloat when anyone complained, now when its used against us all you hear is whinging! O'Se has actually hit the nail on the head, MH and Sean should have been gracious in defeat instead of coming out crying like a baby! Sean's only damaging his own legacy.
Donaghy and Gooch have received some "attention" over the years and have taken it! I remember Ricey saying he never bothered with Stevie McDonnell as there was no point! Which meant he done it to a hell of alot more than him!

Il Bomber Destro

Why did Darragh O'Se not pen this article in the aftermath of Fitzmaurice coming out with his "raped and pillaged" comments about Kieran Donaghy? A bit rich coming from a Kerry man after what Aidan O'Mahony was up to with Michael Murphy and Peter Crowley with Sean Cavanagh.

Main Street

Very good article,  "they'd want to go easy with the horrified nuns act" ;D
I suppose the difference is, Darren is a cute hoor with a humourous turn of phrase whilst Tyronies are just dour whataboutery hoors.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Main Street on August 13, 2016, 12:21:20 AM

Very good article,  "they'd want to go easy with the horrified nuns act" ;D
I suppose the difference is, Darren is a cute hoor with a humourous turn of phrase whilst Tyronies are just dour whataboutery hoors.

The whole cute hoor act is to portray yourself as some sort of harmless simpleton in order for people to underestimate you. It's hardly something to beam about.