List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

Quote from: WT4E on April 01, 2016, 12:15:44 AM
Quote from: Syferus on March 31, 2016, 07:08:39 PM
I sometimes wonder why perspective seems to be lacking so severely in Tyrone. This is the same Logan that sent out a team last year that hit knees and elbows to the faces of opposition players. Reckless in the extreme would be putting it lightly. Of all the people who could ever call out another manager he is just about the last one who is in a position to.

There seems to be a sense that whoever is willing to speak up against sledging or dangerous play should be vilified rather than listened to or the inherent problems addressed in any meaningful way. That interview read like an echo chamber with the interviewer agreeing with Logan's personal attack on Bonner. That is a very sad state of affairs.

Roscommon a nice little county that everyone likes driving around on their novelty bus winning nothing - thats why everyone likes them! lol

Is there a Guinness book of records record for longest running sore loser?

Hound

Quote from: Whishtup on April 01, 2016, 12:47:37 AM
I sometimes wonder why perspective seems to be lacking so severely in Tyrone. This is the same Logan that sent out a team last year that hit knees and elbows to the faces of opposition players. Reckless in the extreme would be putting it lightly. Of all the people who could ever call out another manager he is just about the last one who is in a position to.

There seems to be a sense that whoever is willing to speak up against sledging or dangerous play should be vilified rather than listened to or the inherent problems addressed in any meaningful way. That interview read like an echo chamber with the interviewer agreeing with Logan's personal attack on Bonner. That is a very sad state of affairs.

Roscommon a nice little county that everyone likes driving around on their novelty bus winning nothing - thats why everyone likes them! lol

PTG forgetting to put his foot under the ball before picking it up in 1995 is going to take a bit of beating...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on April 01, 2016, 09:59:10 AM

PTG forgetting to put his foot under the ball before picking it up in 1995 is going to take a bit of beating...
He never picked it up, he flicked it on to Sean McLoughlin
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Fuzzman

That's what the BBC cameras showed blewuporstuffed
In RTE Canavan clearly picked it up straight off the ground and then threw it to McLaughlin who bounced it twice and then kicked it over the bar.

BennyHarp

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 01, 2016, 10:00:48 AM

Another accurate Tyrone "fact" by Hound there
That was never a square ball!!

Aaron Boone

Tyrone deserved a replay and Central Council should have offered an olive branch.

screenexile

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 01, 2016, 11:48:23 AM

Tyrone deserved a replay and Central Council should have offered an olive branch.

Nope!!! Every County has their hard luck stories be it Louth against Meath in the Leinster Final, Derry v Cavan in the Ulster Final. The rules are the referee's word is final and that's it.

Also since when has what you deserved meant anything in sport?!!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ck on March 31, 2016, 12:44:09 PM
Can any sensible Tyrone person (and no barrage of abuse please) tell me why Fergal Logan has decided to drag all this up again. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard in GAA and whilst both sides handled the aftermath very poorly with Donegal going to the media and Tyrone denying everything... One year on Logan brings it up again?! Why?

You're one of the most disgusting bigots I've encountered in the GAA.

screenexile

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 01, 2016, 12:10:13 PM
Quote from: ck on March 31, 2016, 12:44:09 PM
Can any sensible Tyrone person (and no barrage of abuse please) tell me why Fergal Logan has decided to drag all this up again. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard in GAA and whilst both sides handled the aftermath very poorly with Donegal going to the media and Tyrone denying everything... One year on Logan brings it up again?! Why?

You're one of the most disgusting bigots I've encountered in the GAA.

You're in the wrong place if you're looking for that here!!

ck

I genuinely was asking an honest question. What good could come from Logan bringing that up again?
Predictably the Tyrone response on here is abuse, whataboutery and name calling.

trueblue1234

Perhaps because there's people like you who heard the first story last year from Bonner and decided that without any further inquires that the Tyrone boy was definitely at fault. Sure if it hadn't been raised this time you would still be believing that. So does that not show some good in raising it? 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ck on April 01, 2016, 01:11:47 PM
I genuinely was asking an honest question. What good could come from Logan bringing that up again?
Predictably the Tyrone response on here is abuse, whataboutery and name calling.

You were genuinely spreading lies. Care to retract your earlier comments???

Fear ón Srath Bán

Bonner's a loose cannon, and his anti-Tyrone obsession is a serious liability for Donegal with his malicious and groundless fabrications. If you were the subject of those you might have a different perspective, and perhaps be inclined to dismount your high horse.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

An honest question. If someone accused your team mates of the terrible things Bonner said he did. And, lets for arguments sake, (and for factual sake too) those accusations were false. Would you not like to defend them? Or do you castigate them anyway? The only basis for your question is either bias or stupidity! I hope it's bias!
That was never a square ball!!

ck

Thanks for attempting to reply sensibly. It's appreciated.
Regardless of the rights and wrongs, Bonner was an absolute idiot for what he did last year. In fact I don't think the man is fit to be managing a team at any level given his lack of responsibility and Donegal should seriously consider his suitability. Logan was no better this week in my book. I can understand people getting caught up with emotion and letting it overflow after a game but 2 wrongs don't make a right. For some reason I expected higher standards from Logan given his profession, hence my genuine question but felt dissapointed by him.