List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 16, 2015, 08:35:48 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 08:29:12 PM
OmaghJoe there is a link above that answers your question.

As for the 'why does it bother you?' straw man. It doesn't. I couldn't give a fiddlers.

But there is no doubt in my mind that it is damaging Tyrone Gaa. I just hope you beat Kerry. But with all this crap I can't see it.

As for Canavan's article. Jesus wept. It was wrong to suspend McCann for a load of reasons. But not because his Grandfather and his mother are great Gaels. If John Mc Dermott and Martin O'Connell's Mammies were the bestest Gaels ever would that make 1996 ok?

Then why have you spent half this thread fervently arguing Harte's stance if it doesn't bother you?

He has more than reasonable grounds to not want to speak or engage with RTE, he has gone about this quietly and with dignity - yet it is very obvious that this bothers you.

You think that anyone that doesn't agree with some aspect of your argument disagrees with everything.

My arguments pretty much all along was against the conspiracy theory that RTE's top brass had planned and executed the whole thing as a matter of policy. This is plainly ludicrous.

My second argument is that this damages Tyrone.

I have never said Harte was 'wrong' to feel the way he does. You can't tell someone how to feel. However it is obvious to me that this whole thing damages Tyrone GAA. Sometimes being right doesn't matter. I have said The John Murray Show was wrong and that the choice of song was hideous.

I have also said that the ban was wrong.

But Canavan incorrectly asserts that the rules of the game were changed because of Sean Cavanagh's tackle and the furore it caused. The rules were changed at the previous Congress. He then asserts that the rules are changing again because of certain sections of the media. The rules haven't changed. The interpretation of one rule appears to have changed though and I disagree with that interpretation. I agree with James Horan.

The ban is as a result of the over-reaction to McCann's dive.  Canavan asks: 'So is he a "renegade", a "coward", a "cheat"? Well he certainly cheated. No one questions that, with the exception of OmaghJoe. Other Tyrone supporters point to other examples of cheating, but these comparisons, if anything, only prove that most Tyrone supporters accept he cheated. It is just that they reasonably argue other examples of cheating went unpunished. Canavan argues that his Granda and Mammy don't think he is a cheat. Probably not the best defence I have ever read.

Where did I say that?

muppet

;D ;D ;D ;D

Are you a few different people?

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 15, 2015, 11:33:12 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 15, 2015, 10:38:28 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 15, 2015, 10:04:23 PM
BTW I am sick of this being called a hair ruffle and Darren Hughes being described as an innocent party.

Hughes tried to grab Tiernan's hair and gave it a good old yank as I described previously on another thread. He deserved a straight red and is the most guilty party in all of this.

Give it up FFS

Why because its actually what happened, but been swept under the carpet in this whole frenzy?
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 09:24:31 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D

Are you a few different people?

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 15, 2015, 11:33:12 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 15, 2015, 10:38:28 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 15, 2015, 10:04:23 PM
BTW I am sick of this being called a hair ruffle and Darren Hughes being described as an innocent party.

Hughes tried to grab Tiernan's hair and gave it a good old yank as I described previously on another thread. He deserved a straight red and is the most guilty party in all of this.

Give it up FFS

Why because its actually what happened, but been swept under the carpet in this whole frenzy?

Well maybe, its not the first time you've floated that idea

I was talking about what Hughes did, not what McCann did, we've had a full discussion about this already.

I thought you accepted what Hughes did?

trileacman

As for the 'why does it bother you?' straw man. It doesn't. I couldn't give a fiddlers.

Then you're devoting a ridiculous amount of your time to it. You even managed to bring it up in the Sunday Game thread. You've argued it to exhaustion here so it obviously bothers you in some regard.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on August 16, 2015, 09:12:53 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 16, 2015, 08:35:48 PM
OmaghJoe there is a link above that answers your question.

But there is no doubt in my mind that it is damaging Tyrone Gaa. I just hope you beat Kerry. But with all this crap I can't see it.

As for Canavan's article. Jesus wept. It was wrong to suspend McCann for a load of reasons. But not because his Grandfather and his mother are great Gaels. If John Mc Dermott and Martin O'Connell's Mammies were the bestest Gaels ever would that make 1996 ok?

Then why have you spent half this thread fervently arguing Harte's stance if it doesn't bother you?

He has more than reasonable grounds to not want to speak or engage with RTE, he has gone about this quietly and with dignity - yet it is very obvious that this bothers you.

You think that anyone that doesn't agree with some aspect of your argument disagrees with everything.

My arguments pretty much all along was against the conspiracy theory that RTE's top brass had planned and executed the whole thing as a matter of policy. This is plainly ludicrous.

My second argument is that this damages Tyrone.

I have never said Harte was 'wrong' to feel the way he does. You can't tell someone how to feel. However it is obvious to me that this whole thing damages Tyrone GAA. Sometimes being right doesn't matter. I have said The John Murray Show was wrong and that the choice of song was hideous.

I have also said that the ban was wrong.

But Canavan incorrectly asserts that the rules of the game were changed because of Sean Cavanagh's tackle and the furore it caused. The rules were changed at the previous Congress. He then asserts that the rules are changing again because of certain sections of the media. The rules haven't changed. The interpretation of one rule appears to have changed though and I disagree with that interpretation. I agree with James Horan.

The ban is as a result of the over-reaction to McCann's dive.  Canavan asks: 'So is he a "renegade", a "coward", a "cheat"? Well he certainly cheated. No one questions that, with the exception of OmaghJoe. Other Tyrone supporters point to other examples of cheating, but these comparisons, if anything, only prove that most Tyrone supporters accept he cheated. It is just that they reasonably argue other examples of cheating went unpunished. Canavan argues that his Granda and Mammy don't think he is a cheat. Probably not the best defence I have ever read.

So if you agree that Harte has every right to feel aggrieved why does it bother you. The Harte family were treated disgracefully and RTE's lack of action against the responsible individuals and public acknowledgement that what was done was out of order stinks when you consider the dispute between them and Harte at that time. I don't think it is damaging to Tyrone GAA, probably far from the truth as the further we can distance ourselves from such a disreputable organisation, the better.

As for Canavan's article, the point is quite clear to me. McCann is being depicted as some sort of monster by the media because of an isolated action which is hardly the hallmark of fair and balanced reporting.

Norf Tyrone

[url]http://teamtalkmag.com/2015/11/exclusive-confirmation-minor-sledging-never-happened/[url]
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rrhf

Did that management ever get the p45..

WT4E

Really shoes the depth of the anti Tyrone feeling out there.

Will anyone push Martin Carney for comment I can remember him being very vocal throughout... came across as a complete blank!!!

Throw ball

Quote from: WT4E on November 03, 2015, 09:01:55 PM

Will anyone push Martin Carney for comment I can remember him being very vocal throughout... came across as a complete blank!!!

Glad to hear not true. Feel sorry for the young Donegal fella especially.

Managers need to be careful what they accuse teams of doing without proof.

The Bearded One

Quote from: Throw ball on November 03, 2015, 09:23:37 PM

What about the young Tyrone player who had his name dragged through the mud? Bonner was acting on information he'd received from his players, whichever one of them made up such an accusation needs to take a long look in the mirror. Appalling behaviour.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Throw ball

Quote from: The Bearded One on November 03, 2015, 09:31:29 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on November 03, 2015, 09:23:37 PM

What about the young Tyrone player who had his name dragged through the mud? Bonner was acting on information he'd received from his players, which one of them made up such an accusation needs to take a long look in the mirror. Appalling behaviour.

While I agree with you the Donegal player did lose a parent.

Donegal should not have brought the matter into the public domain in the first place.

BennyHarp

I said at the time that Declan Bonner should be removed from his post for bringing this out into the public domain in such a fashion. He was fully aware of the implications of his words and showed a complete disregard for the welfare for the young person he was accusing. The Tyrone lad's name was always going to be out there once the accusation was made and Bonner put him  in an exceptionally difficult and potentially dangerous position with his lack of judgement. At the very least he should have been 100% sure of his facts, which clearly he wasn't. Glad to hear that the truth has come out eventually, I assume a full apology will be forthcoming from Bonner, Rte and the other media outlets who jumped on this bandwagon.
That was never a square ball!!

Snapchap

Some of the responses to the initial internal Tyrone investigation suggesting the allegations were untrue.

Quote from: screenexile on May 23, 2015, 12:34:15 AM
So not only have Tyrone players called out a lad for his Father dying of cancer but now you lads are trying to say Donegal is making it all up?
What exactly have Donegal to gain by making this up? They have nothing to gain by making this up so the logical inference is that it's true and Tyrone are coveting their asses with lies!

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 23, 2015, 12:32:27 AM
Scummy Tyrone at their best, they are nearly out doing all their other scummy actions with this one, they have high standards when it comes to that kinda thing.

Quote from: ck on May 23, 2015, 08:26:05 AM
Tyrone releasing a statement based on the undertaking of their own investigation is absolutely laughable. They are winning no friends here at all.
If there's an investigation to be had then it should be done by the Ulster council who ran the game last Sunday.
Tyrones desperate attempts to claim innocence on this is really pathetic here

Quote from: general_lee on May 23, 2015, 08:58:18 AM
What motive would Donegal have to fabricate this!? Fcuk boy some of you Tyronies are delusional!

Quote from: cockahoop on May 23, 2015, 10:03:28 AM
I dont know why your all surprised by this latest incident involving tyrone,they have been at it for years,

Quote from: The Stallion on May 23, 2015, 12:25:57 PM
Very disappointed but not at all surprised to hear of this latest incident involving Tyrone players mouthing.
It's even more disappointing that so many Tyrone folk seem more keen to deny or make excuses.

Quote from: The Stallion on May 23, 2015, 05:12:02 PM
No shortage of apologists for the inexcusable behaviour of Tyrone players it seems.

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 23, 2015, 08:49:04 PM
Its the norm for the scummy county that it is,  normal morals or footballing traits don't work in Tyrone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 24, 2015, 07:25:50 PM
Hardly a surprising turn of events in a county where "heroes" like Ricey and Gormley are lionised for this type of shit behaviour

Stay classy, lads. Must feel great to hang a under 18 player (legally speaking, a child) out to dry on faceless internet forums without first establishing the facts. Big men. Hopefully Bonner has the decency to contact the young Tyrone player targetted in this vindictive campaign and offer a long overdue and grovelling apology.

reddgnhand

I'm surprised it took so long for this to be cleared up. I was informed by a local journalist shortly after the incident that no complaint had been made to the referee after the game as had been claimed.

ThroughTheLaces

Excuse my ignorance lads but how has it came about that we now know nothing happened? Did the Donegal minor in question just completely fabricate it or what? Sledging is one thing but saying something like that always seemed to be beyond believable. Glad it has came out as not true. Baffling though as to how any story even emerged from nothing!
The apple never falls far from the tree.