List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

There was an interesting point on OTB last nite about Donegal v Tyrone being a niggly game, the Monaghan v Tyrone match similar but Monaghan v Donegal wasn't.
The U-21s and minors from Tyrone this year appear to have stooped to new lows and while it isn't being trained (I do believe that) monkey see, monkey do. Young lads see the carry on of the senior lads and it filters through. There is a responsibility on Mickey Harte to do what's right for the game and stop his players from doing it, easy enough done indoors without anyone from outside ever knowing about it.
He isn't do it and it's to his shame

I'd like to see hefty suspensions brought in for simulation, three match bans handed out after the match, it would soon cut it out
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ck

Quote from: yellowcard on August 11, 2015, 01:44:36 PM
What did Devlin do? Dooher was a similar disgrace on the line for the U-21s this year sledging opposition players constantly. Its a malaise and culture that runs through Tyrone football. And Harte can easily put a stop to it by instructing his players that it is not how he wants his team to play. He mightn't coach it but he doesn't appear to discourage it either.

the verbal abuse and venom he was giving the monaghan keeper during free kicks was unreal. He also got involved with monaghan players when he entered the pitch and gave the linesman and referee serious abuse. The 3rd official kept coming out to him but it made no difference. He would appear to be a complete loose canon.
Mickey Harte stood as if butter wouldn't melt.

deiseach

Quote from: ck on August 11, 2015, 03:10:17 PM
the verbal abuse and venom he was giving the monaghan keeper during free kicks was unreal. He also got involved with monaghan players when he entered the pitch and gave the linesman and referee serious abuse. The 3rd official kept coming out to him but it made no difference. He would appear to be a complete loose canon.

I know Mickey is a religious man, but playing men of the cloth is surely taking piety to extremes.

I'll get my coat...

screenexile

What did Devlin do? Dooher was a similar disgrace on the line for the U-21s this year sledging opposition players constantly. Its a malaise and culture that runs through Tyrone football. And Harte can easily put a stop to it by instructing his players that it is not how he wants his team to play. He mightn't coach it but he doesn't appear to discourage it either.

I didn't see this on TV but I'd say it's something to do with this.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Lads, lads, lads..how in God's name did ye allow a thread started by an out and out clown/troll get to 9 pages..shoddy, shoddy workmanship!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 11, 2015, 03:36:48 PM
Lads, lads, lads..how in God's name did ye allow a thread started by an out and out clown/troll get to 9 pages..shoddy, shoddy workmanship!

Don't insult the man just because of his name! :)

reddgnhand

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 11, 2015, 03:10:07 PM
There was an interesting point on OTB last nite about Donegal v Tyrone being a niggly game, the Monaghan v Tyrone match similar but Monaghan v Donegal wasn't.
The U-21s and minors from Tyrone this year appear to have stooped to new lows and while it isn't being trained (I do believe that) monkey see, monkey do. Young lads see the carry on of the senior lads and it filters through. There is a responsibility on Mickey Harte to do what's right for the game and stop his players from doing it, easy enough done indoors without anyone from outside ever knowing about it.

I'd like to see hefty suspensions brought in for simulation, three match bans handed out after the match, it would soon cut it out

Nonsense it was highlighted the treatment McManus got from McGee.

reddgnhand

And you seen and heard all this? How many free kicks did the Monaghan keeper take on Saturday?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Darby on August 09, 2015, 12:33:05 AM
Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 12:27:31 AM
Quote from: Darby on August 09, 2015, 12:24:18 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on August 09, 2015, 12:18:09 AM
Come on lad. What county are you from?
Kilkenny! Issue?

You are a Kilkenny man that loves Liam Hayes and hates Tyrone?
Kilkenny man that loves hurling AND football. Hates Kerry and Tyrone. Issue?
Kilkenny are every bit as cynical and ruthless as Tyrone, take the log out of your own eye first.

ck

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 11, 2015, 04:06:51 PM

And you seen and heard all this? How many free kicks did the Monaghan keeper take on Saturday?

I did as it happens yeah. I was only a few yards away.

mcslaggart

Quote from: Darby on August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM
This list is by no means exhaustive, so if you can think of any more incidents, I urge you to contact me.

Good news for you

"RTE face a backlash from the GAA fraternity after it emerged this morning that they will demand Tyrone appear on the field in the semi-final against Kerry wearing a sack cloth each and with ashes on their hair. In addition, there will be deferred coverage of the game after the watershed in case children are influenced by their dasdardly deeds.

RTE spokesman Noel Custard explained:

"Years ago the sack cloth and ashes were a sign of genuine repentance. Now, we're showing a little mercy to Tyrone by just making them wear ashes on their heads and will forego the need for them to sit ashes as well as that will mess up the Croker turf. Bad enough they're on it with their northern ways."
"

http://tyronetribulations.com/2015/08/12/tyrone-to-wear-sack-cloth-and-ashes-after-watershed/

paddyoslabs

they never apologised to the Tipperary u21s,then maybe did don't do apologises up there!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: paddyoslabs on August 12, 2015, 04:32:49 PM
they never apologised to the Tipperary u21s,then maybe did don't do apologised up there!

Is English your first language?

paddyoslabs

sorry about that lad,but you know what I mean, ;)

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 11, 2015, 04:04:46 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 11, 2015, 03:10:07 PM

Nonsense it was highlighted the treatment McManus got from McGee.

I'm sorry, what's nonsense??
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me