List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 04, 2015, 05:40:45 PM
The fact that the Ulstercouncil have kept their report confidential would suggest that there is something in it that was not to someones liking, or then again perhaps that they where trying to protect the young lads involved?

But I think we can take from it the following

• If something was said it should not have been said...
  • If something was picked up wrongly by someone it is unfortunate.
  • Declan Bonner should not have made a public statement it should have used the correct channels which in the end is what he had to do anyway. But I am sure he regrets it at this point, and if he trusted his player's (like any manager should) I am sure he was understandbly very angry.
  • Teamtalkmag should keep their mouths shut but considering who likely wrote it, it is unsurprising that they jumped to conclusions and proclaimed it from the rooftops. Although in fairness I dont think that they claim to be a traditional media outlet with sources and editors etc, its a step up from twitter or facebook

On another point Im not sure if anyone has managed to actually fall out with AZOffaly before. But I am sick of his constant level-headness, fair mindedness, reason, and examining all sides and perspectives. So its about time someone twisted his words to mean something other than what he was trying to project and called him out on it.

Wow OmaghJoe.

I found myself nodding in agreement with everything.......

.....until the bizarre last bit.

I assume you forgot the smilie?
MWWSI 2017

roney

The question is for teamtalk to answer (whoever their editor is). If they are going to join the media gang then their has to be accountability.

They have allegeded that they have inside information proving that the Ulster GAA account says that there was no sledging took place. Ulster GAA have said that their (we assume it is theirs) account is wrong.

So who is their source and why did they say that? And will they comment now? Ulster GAA have called them into question. So where to now?

Will they respond or accept they are wrong and accept they put out misleading comments?

Boycey

Quote from: muppet on November 04, 2015, 07:57:14 PM
The fact that the Ulstercouncil have kept their report confidential would suggest that there is something in it that was not to someones liking, or then again perhaps that they where trying to protect the young lads involved?

• Declan Bonner should not have made a public statement it should have used the correct channels which in the end is what he had to do anyway. But I am sure he regrets it at this point, and if he trusted his player's (like any manager should) I am sure he was understandbly very angry.
  • Teamtalkmag should keep their mouths shut but considering who likely wrote it, it is unsurprising that they jumped to conclusions and proclaimed it from the rooftops. Although in fairness I dont think that they claim to be a traditional media outlet with sources and editors etc, its a step up from twitter or facebook

On another point Im not sure if anyone has managed to actually fall out with AZOffaly before. But I am sick of his constant level-headness, fair mindedness, reason, and examining all sides and perspectives. So its about time someone twisted his words to mean something other than what he was trying to project and called him out on it.

Wow OmaghJoe.

Yeah OmaghJoe he's a right bollix is that AZOffaly - Insert smilie here.

Rest of your post is spot on too...

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2015, 04:48:56 PM
Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2015, 04:21:42 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2015, 04:07:25 PM
Teamtalk should also be careful of what they quote... they had quotes in their article which actually quoted nothing.

It will be interesting to hear their reply!!

You should also be careful about putting words in peoples mouth. I see you never came back to me when I questioned where I had said that I knew for a fact that it didn't take place!!!!

I didn't say you knew for a fact it didn't take place I was asking a question! You had Bonner hung out to dry when you weren't privy to the detail of what happened and that's wrong. I see Teamtalkmag's FB has a lot of other Tyronie's looking him blamed as well last night.

Bonner felt that one of his players was badly wronged and I don't blame him for mentioning it to the media after a heated match it's only human. A mistake but I think an honest one as he probably thought he was looking after his player when the opposite was true upon reflection!

After all's said and done it's obvious it was one word against the other and the 3 parties have agreed to leave it in the past and don't want to talk about it again which makes Teamtalk's reporting of it even more stupid!!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think Bonner made his comments to the media after a heated battle when passions were running high. Didn't he mention it in an article on the Thursday after the game? He had plenty of time to give it rational thought and still chose to hang the Tyrone lad out to dry based on one sided evidence. Regardless of whether the incident happened or not, Bonner's actions, in my opinion, seriously call into question his judgement when dealing with young players. I'm sure the young Donegal lad didn't thank him for his intervention and media scrum he brought down on him either.
That was never a square ball!!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: muppet on November 04, 2015, 07:57:14 PM

Wow OmaghJoe.

He has a point though  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

longballin

Reading reports of this today in Irish News with statement from Ulster Council and Donegal - Teamtalk have made the situation worse for Tyrone rather than exonerate anyone. Should have said nothing rather than try to grab the headlines... amateurish. 

AZOffaly

I fell out with hardstation once. But it was my fault.

WT4E

QuoteIrish News

Declan Bonner, who managed the Donegal minor side this year, branded the magazine a "disgrace"

I think its a bit rich for Bonner to be calling anyone a disgrace in this whole situation!

ck

A lot of very biased views on this topic. As a neutral I'll try to add some balance.

1. Bonner should never have opened his mouth but as a manager of young players I can understand his frustration
2. Ulster Council very slow to investigate and had an obligation to address. They failed miserably.
3. Based on all info in my mind this alleged incident probably happened - (why would the Donegal Capt have cried after a game?)
4. Teamtalkmag (whoever the hell they are!) were embarrassingly stupid with their cheap headline and no substance. If I was from Tyrone I would genuinely be embarrassed by this dishonest attempt to spin.
5. The Ulster council "we'll keep the statement private" approach says plenty without saying anything (IMO!) It says the incident happened but we have no independent proof so want to put it to bed. (Without proof players can't be suspended) 

trueblue1234

Quote from: ck on November 05, 2015, 11:50:45 AM
A lot of very biased views on this topic. As a neutral I'll try to add some balance.

1. Bonner should never have opened his mouth but as a manager of young players I can understand his frustration
2. Ulster Council very slow to investigate and had an obligation to address. They failed miserably.
3. Based on all info in my mind this alleged incident probably happened - (why would the Donegal Capt have cried after a game?)
4. Teamtalkmag (whoever the hell they are!) were embarrassingly stupid with their cheap headline and no substance. If I was from Tyrone I would genuinely be embarrassed by this dishonest attempt to spin.
5. The Ulster council "we'll keep the statement private" approach says plenty without saying anything (IMO!) It says the incident happened but we have no independent proof so want to put it to bed. (Without proof players can't be suspended)

How could it say the incident happened if it didn't have any proof? Surely proof is the only thing that can "prove" if the incident happened or not? Otherwise it's hearsay (Which doesn't say that it didn't happen either). I'd say the reason it's not released is due to the fact it involves minors.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

AZOffaly

WT4E

Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 05, 2015, 02:12:04 PM

How could it say the incident happened if it didn't have any proof? Surely proof is the only thing that can "prove" if the incident happened or not? Otherwise it's hearsay (Which doesn't say that it didn't happen either). I'd say the reason it's not released is due to the fact it involves minors.

Whose to say it hasn't been released because someone told the lad aggrieved that they heard a Tyrone player say it and then when investigated he said he made it up - and the Ulster Counil want to protect a minor (and rightly so) from any fall out from such an incident.

There's thousands of things it could be but to say that what we can take from it is that it did happen and they are not just publishing that is completely wrong!

Il Bomber Destro

Completely bizarre and insular mindset that you have.

reddgnhand

Quote from: WT4E on November 05, 2015, 02:23:53 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on November 05, 2015, 02:12:04 PM

Whose to say it hasn't been released because someone told the lad aggrieved that they heard a Tyrone player say it and then when investigated he said he made it up - and the Ulster Counil want to protect a minor (and rightly so) from any fall out from such an incident.

There's thousands of things it could be but to say that what we can take from it is that it did happen and they are not just publishing that is completely wrong!

Have you had a peak at something😜

Snapchap

Irish News has reported on the Ulster Council report. It has found that while sledging did occur, it was not about the death of a player's father.

Looks to me like Teamtalk's version of events has been vindicated and Donegal's claim that the Teamtalk statement was factually incorrect, was itself factually incorrect.

I wonder will Declan Bonner man up and apologise.