Republican Presidential Debate

Started by Oraisteach, August 07, 2015, 05:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2015, 05:37:09 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 05:09:16 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2015, 05:06:35 PM

"So the real story wasn't the Republican Presidential Debate?

Why are you posting on the Republican Presidential Debate thread then?"

Ok we'll do this your way.

So you are saying there is no connection between the 18 CEOs on the list and any Republican candidate?

Some of the people on that list are big Democratic donors and huge Hillary supporters

Bout you are not allowed to talk about them, your own rules.  ;D

Former Goldman Sachs CEO, Hank Paulson, was nominated by Bush to be Treasury Secretary. He created TARP.

TARP gave around $700bn to Wall St, including many on that list, and others. To put that amount in context, it was close to the total amount of US dollars in circulation at the time.

You have me completely confused at this point....

You were the one dictating what should and shouldn't be be discussed on a thread about the Republican Debate-Not me (even though you yourself were linking in an article about Bernie Sanders and CEOs who have as many links to Hillary as they do to the Republicans)

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2015, 05:48:38 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2015, 03:47:00 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2015, 02:51:25 AM
Quote from: whitey on August 08, 2015, 02:49:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2015, 02:40:30 PM
That Scott Walker is such a coward BTW. Does not even have the guts to condemn Trump's comments about women. If it was a Democrat that said those things, he'd be all over it, indignant with "outrage".

Most American politicians are such worms.

Ahhhhh.....the war on women is starting early this cycle.

You have no problem with Trump's comments?

Some of his colleagues for nomination do.

I think this would pretty well sum up my opinion on the matter.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/08/08/rubio-wont-comment-on-everything-donald-trump-says/

Seriously?  You cannot express an opinion on what Trump said about various women over the years, most recently Megan Kelly, because... why?? ;D

I watched the debate in its entirety.....Megyn tried to do a hit job on him and he brushed it aside magnificently. Now they're trying to say he said something he never said to keep the "fued" going

Makes for great reality TV, but a non issue IMHO

muppet

Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2015, 05:51:41 PM

So you are saying there is no connection between the 18 CEOs on the list and any Republican candidate?

Some of the people on that list are big Democratic donors and huge Hillary supporters

Former Goldman Sachs CEO, Hank Paulson, was nominated by Bush to be Treasury Secretary. He created TARP.

TARP gave around $700bn to Wall St, including many on that list, and others. To put that amount in context, it was close to the total amount of US dollars in circulation at the time.

You were the one dictating what should and shouldn't be be discussed on a thread about the Republican Debate-Not me (even though you yourself were linking in an article about Bernie Sanders and CEOs who have as many links to Hillary as they do to the Republicans)

The people on that list fund many of the Republican Candidates, therefore they are fair game in a Republican Debate thread. If you want to list them on a Democrat debate thread too, then fine.

You wanted to do the usual Fox News trick and shout that < insert something else> was the real story. i.e. divert attention, decoy, anything but discuss the elephants in the room.

1) Elephant 1 - Donald Trump

You decided to refuse to discuss him.

2) Elephant 2 - Wall St. & their tax contributions

Taxation is a major issue for Republicans. Especially rich ones, like the ones on the list. But no, you suggested this was off topic, while introducing some decoy story that no one bought.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2015, 05:58:01 PM
That Scott Walker is such a coward BTW. Does not even have the guts to condemn Trump's comments about women. If it was a Democrat that said those things, he'd be all over it, indignant with "outrage".

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/08/08/rubio-wont-comment-on-everything-donald-trump-says/

Seriously?  You cannot express an opinion on what Trump said about various women over the years, most recently Megan Kelly, because... why?? ;D

I watched the debate in its entirety.....Megyn tried to do a hit job on him and he brushed it aside magnificently. Now they're trying to say he said something he never said to keep the "fued" going

Trump is a spoiled brat. He fancies himself as brash and smart and ballsy (yeah, its brave calling Rosie O'Donnell a disgusting pig or whatever the actual words were), but when he is called to account on his words, he throws a fit and then exacerbates the situation with a ludicrous slam that she must have been on her period. Magnificent my hole.

And fair play to Megyn Kelly for calling him out on it.

Now if only all politicians could be held accountable for their past words and deeds. We miss you already Jon Stewart!

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2015, 06:07:47 PM

Trump is a spoiled brat. He fancies himself as brash and smart and ballsy (yeah, its brave calling Rosie O'Donnell a disgusting pig or whatever the actual words were), but when he is called to account on his words, he throws a fit and then exacerbates the situation with a ludicrous slam that she must have been on her period. Magnificent my hole.

Now if only all politicians could be held accountable for their past words and deeds. We miss you already Jon Stewart!

They didn't land the knock out blow on him on Thursday nights, and now they're trying to gin up some faux outrage at something he didn't even say

omaghjoe

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 07:08:29 PM
Republicans should be looking to get Mickey Harte to stand. According to muppet, he is right up there with Donald Trump.

I do apologise Muppet he is completely out of control, this has never happened b4

muppet

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2015, 07:10:42 PM
Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 07:08:29 PM
Republicans should be looking to get Mickey Harte to stand. According to muppet, he is right up there with Donald Trump.

I do apologise Muppet he is completely out of control, this has never happened b4

No problem.

You need to look at your critical t**ker.  :D
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 06:02:05 PM

The people on that list fund many of the Republican Candidates, therefore they are fair game in a Republican Debate thread. If you want to list them on a Democrat debate thread too, then fine.

You wanted to do the usual Fox News trick and shout that < insert something else> was the real story. i.e. divert attention, decoy, anything but discuss the elephants in the room.

Taxation is a major issue for Republicans. Especially rich ones, like the ones on the list. But no, you suggested this was off topic, while introducing some decoy story that no one bought.

LOL-read your last sentence. "Taxation is a major issue for Republicans. Especially rich ones, like the ones on the list".

Previously you were implying they were Republicans, now your flat out stating it as fact.

Kinda kills your argument dead when many of them are in fact DEMOCRATS

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2015, 06:57:10 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 10, 2015, 06:07:47 PM

They didn't land the knock out blow on him on Thursday nights, and now they're trying to gin up some faux outrage at something he didn't even say

What didn't he say?

muppet

Quote from: whitey on August 10, 2015, 07:13:09 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 10, 2015, 06:02:05 PM

LOL-read your last sentence. "Taxation is a major issue for Republicans. Especially rich ones, like the ones on the list".

Previously you were implying they were Republicans, now your flat out stating it as fact.

Kinda kills your argument dead when many of them are in fact DEMOCRATS

In this case I was more thinking about the corporations, but you are right I should have specified I wasn't talking about the CEOs.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 07:32:20 PM
Still waiting on that quote muppet. I am sure you will find it.

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 06:19:55 PM
I've already answered your question so there's no need for me to repeat it.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Hospital Road on August 10, 2015, 07:39:31 PM
You like being obtuse, but the quote in question is the one where you said that I was the 'king of critical thinking'

And I will follow you around like a bad smell if I have to.

Of course you will.

That is the only purpose of a WUM.
MWWSI 2017

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 09, 2015, 11:22:48 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 08, 2015, 08:07:18 PM
I watched the "pregame" with Bill O'Reilly and the entire debate to see if there would be any substance this early in their stages to nomination.

Things I learned:

Bill O'Reilly implies that America needs an aggressive and in your face candidate who is willing to go to war, deregulate all forms of containment of corporations to help them grow and keep the minions (citizens) docile with promises of grandeur.

From the debate:

Obama is the only reason the US is in dire straights.

Hillary is the Anti-Christ.

God (the Christian version) loves America (sorry Jews/Islams/Indian Religions/Asian/African/Indigenous and all others).

Who won?
From my perspective John Kasich Ohio Governor.

Who lost?
The American people.

I didn't see enough substance from one candidate from the 10 that would standout, maybe it is still too early. The way it played out and if it continues on the same path there will be another Democrat in the White House, as a Democrat I can live with that. Do I want Hillary there? NO. I hope to see a fresh face with a new platform that helps stimulate economic/employment/education/international policy/social policy growth. My hopes for that person from either party is diminishing each and every election year.

A quick investigation and look at the benefactors/donaters will show you that the Jews are gonna be just fine under a Republican Government

Agree, but I was referring to American citizens who do not practice Christianity as only the Christian God is for America according to the candidates.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

armaghniac

Such is the arrogance of Americans that I expect they assume that all Gods are pro American.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/paul-krugman-republicans-left-tongue-tied-in-face-of-obama-s-failure-to-fail-1.2312618

What did the men who would be president talk about during last week's prime-time Republican debate? Well, there were 19 references to God, while the economy rated only 10 mentions. Republicans in Congress have voted dozens of times to repeal all or part of Obamacare, but the candidates only named president Barack Obama's signature policy nine times over the course of two hours. And energy, another erstwhile GOP favourite, came up only four times.

Strange, isn't it? The shared premise of everyone on the Republican side is that the Obama years have been a time of policy disaster on every front. Yet the candidates on that stage had almost nothing to say about any of the supposed disaster areas.

And there was a good reason they seemed so tongue-tied: out there in the real world, none of the disasters their party predicted has actually come to pass. Obama just keeps failing to fail. And that's a big problem for the GOP – even bigger than Donald Trump.

Start with health reform. Talk to right-wingers, and they will inevitably assert that it has been a disaster. But ask exactly what form this disaster has taken, and at best you get unverified anecdotes about rate hikes and declining quality.
MWWSI 2017