2015/2016 Premier League

Started by ONeill, August 03, 2015, 07:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: whitegoodman on April 19, 2016, 11:34:35 AM
Is Arsenals problem not that they don't have the money but that Wenger won't spend it?  Do they not have over 100m cash in the bank ?

They have the money surely but everyone at Arsenal is happy except the fans. Shareholders making huge returns, Wenger on a huge salary (8 million a year) and a lot of average players earning in the region of 100k a week. Yet the fans pay for the most expensive tickets in Europe. And people wonder why they fight with each other inside and outside the stadium and call them fickle.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 19, 2016, 11:26:46 AM
I think Arsenal got burned in the whole FFP saga also. They ran a tight ship thinking it would be implemented whereas City, Chelsea and not PSG  made a laughing stock of it. West Ham will be the next mega club once they move to the Olympic Stadium. The two David's will make a fortune selling them to a foreign investor.

In fairness to Chelsea they've taken it seriously in recent years, they've really balanced the books in the last few years and haven't spent anything like they have done in previous years.

I'm not sure about West Ham, the media have gone overboard about this cheap deal with the stadium. Its a good deal for West Ham but the first £4m of any naming rights go to the owners of the Stadium and then its  a 50;50 split there afterwards and there's something similar with the catering. Gate receipts won't be anything like Arsenal or Spurs would achieve either. Its obviously a great deal but and agree the two owners will make a fortune from this but not sure I see West Ham being a regular top 4 challenger.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: whitegoodman on April 19, 2016, 11:34:35 AM
Is Arsenals problem not that they don't have the money but that Wenger won't spend it?  Do they not have over 100m cash in the bank ?

Think its nearer to £200m but FFP does restrict them going out on spending it all at once. I do think their probably waiting for when Wenger moves on and giving the next manager that money.

Captain Obvious

Hound

Sahko's run of form came a fraction too late ;)

Boycey

Saw that team earlier, bar De Gea and Kane i don't think anyone would have predicted any of the others last August. Interesting times..

BennyCake

I don't understand the hype around De Gea. He's a very average goalkeeper. I'd rate Kasper Schmeichel above him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on April 21, 2016, 08:51:10 PM
I don't understand the hype around De Gea. He's a very average goalkeeper. I'd rate Kasper Schmeichel above him.

Don't be silly, Kasper is a very good keeper, but De Gea has been consistently the best in the Epl for last 3/4 seasons
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

He's one of the best in the world, much better than Schmeichel.
Lloris has been very good this season too behind a very good defence.

Cunny Funt

Only thing very average about DeGea is the Man United team he has to play in. Take him of out the side and replace him with Kasper Schmeichel and I think United would have finish the season in 12th instead of outside chance of 4th

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 21, 2016, 09:08:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2016, 08:58:05 PM

Don't be silly, Kasper is a very good keeper, but De Gea has been consistently the best in the Epl for last 3/4 seasons
I don't disagree but it has got to the stage that every save he makes is being totally over-hyped due to him having the tag of the only man keeping United's season alive. Most of them are standard saves that you would expect any keeper at that level to make.

All keepers are expected to make saves, as forwards are expected to score goals, some are better than others and De Gea is the best keeper in the EPL
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: hardstation on April 21, 2016, 09:08:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2016, 08:58:05 PM

I don't disagree but it has got to the stage that every save he makes is being totally over-hyped due to him having the tag of the only man keeping United's season alive. Most of them are standard saves that you would expect any keeper at that level to make.

+1

laoislad

De Gea is by far the best goalie in the Premier league ffs.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on April 21, 2016, 10:05:02 PM
De Gea is by far the best goalie in the Premier league ffs.

Agreed, well him and Courtois

Milltown Row2

If Liverpool had De Gea, they'd be challenging