Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 25, 2015, 01:44:37 PM
Quote from: Estimator on August 25, 2015, 01:28:50 PMYou do realise that it was a trip by McMahon that caused Cooper to fall forward like that.

I suggest you look at the incident again
I've watched it numerous times. You can see the GIF of the incident on balls.ie. Cooper is running towards the endline. McMahon chases him down, he dives towards Cooper connecting with his leg, which is the point where Cooper moves forward to be caught by McNabb.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Soup an Samajiz

boys would ye's ever quit stickin pictures up they mean feckin nothing.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

macdanger2

Quote from: Estimator on August 25, 2015, 01:51:33 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 25, 2015, 01:44:37 PM
Quote from: Estimator on August 25, 2015, 01:28:50 PMYou do realise that it was a trip by McMahon that caused Cooper to fall forward like that.

I suggest you look at the incident again
I've watched it numerous times. You can see the GIF of the incident on balls.ie. Cooper is running towards the endline. McMahon chases him down, he dives towards Cooper connecting with his leg, which is the point where Cooper moves forward to be caught by McNabb.

Just watched it again there and it's clear as day that Gooch was diving forward to fist the ball over the bar! McNabbs tackle was definitely late and dangerous, whether he meant it or not, it was a red

muppet

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 25, 2015, 01:51:49 PM

That photo shows the ball is gone before McNabb gets near Cooper.

This shows a shoulder to the head of Cooper while he falls: http://gfycat.com/LastingConstantIbisbill

Red card and all of Tyrone should be fuming with McNabb. It put the lead from 2 points to 3 and wasted a minute at a crucial time.
MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2015, 02:00:46 PM

This shows a shoulder to the head of Cooper while he falls: http://gfycat.com/LastingConstantIbisbill

Red card and all of Tyrone should be fuming with McNabb. It put the lead from 2 points to 3 and wasted a minute at a crucial time.

I believe he was referring to the fact that Cooper was tripped by McMahon not that McNabb shouldn't have gotten a red

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2015, 02:00:46 PM

What about Darren O'Sullivan's?

Soup an Samajiz

ach we knew McNabb made a feckin cod, ye cud see it in realtime nevermind anything, the ball had went wide and him lookin a dig at Cooper cost us a valuable point and about 3mins at the most crucial of times, it was an awful move from McNabb - who along with McMahon I thought had a superb game before that.

But...

These still shots of boys holdin jerseys or men lyin down with an arm out is complete nonsense, watch a video urself or whatever bt pictures can be interpreted a million different ways and it just opens this board up to absolute dead end arguments about feck all and its bad enough as it is

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 25, 2015, 02:06:33 PMThese still shots of boys holdin jerseys or men lyin down with an arm out is complete nonsense, watch a video urself or whatever bt pictures can be interpreted a million different ways and it just opens this board up to absolute dead end arguments about feck all and its bad enough as it is

Pure nonsense  :D

highorlow

Quoteit was an awful move from McNabb - who along with McMahon I thought had a superb game before that.

He also cost Tyrone the 5th Kerry point by getting the free brought forward.

It takes a few seasons / lessons for a team to overcome indiscipline or indiscipline mixed with stupidity. We had it in buckets last year and it probably cost us the All Ireland, the Dubs had it a few years back.

Kerry still have it but are cuter at it than everyone else and always seem to get away with it, time is running out from some of them Kerry lads though and I expect the final will sort the likes of Enright out.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 25, 2015, 02:14:07 PM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 25, 2015, 02:06:33 PMThese still shots of boys holdin jerseys or men lyin down with an arm out is complete nonsense, watch a video urself or whatever bt pictures can be interpreted a million different ways and it just opens this board up to absolute dead end arguments about feck all and its bad enough as it is

Pure nonsense  :D

... thought that's what you were getting at, very good. That's the Declan boyo though, not Darren.

Franko

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 24, 2015, 12:49:57 PM
Quote from: westbound on August 24, 2015, 12:45:50 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 24, 2015, 12:38:27 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 24, 2015, 12:33:28 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 24, 2015, 12:29:48 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 24, 2015, 12:23:45 PM
Tyrone won 1 more kickout of their own than Kerry but importantly doesn't show how many they lost. 

Kerry scored 18 points + 9 wides = 27 kickouts for Tyrone so you're looking at Tryone winning 63% (17/27) of their kickouts compared to Kerry who had 12 + 9 = 21 kickouts, winning 76% of those
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 24, 2015, 12:28:40 PM

Here's the Stats from yesterday.  Tyrone won 1 more kickout of their own than Kerry but importantly doesn't show how many they lost.  Kerry though created more scoring chances and were better at converting them than Tyrone, but only marginally in terms of % wise both around the 50% conversion rate.  Same amount of wides.  Kerry better at the frees.  Tyrone better at the turnovers but only just.  If you look at this you can see that Kerry were the better side.  They were comfortable up to the penalty and that gave Tyrone a bit of hope, but Kerry were never losing it.  More clinical, simple as that.

The difference is 4 of our scoring chances were goal chances so your stats are misleading. We had 4 goal chances and Kerry had none.

So add an extra 8 points onto chances created and that leaves Tyrone 27 to Kerry's 24.

But you didn't take them!!!  Get over it son,  youse were beaten by a better team. 

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 24, 2015, 12:29:48 PM
Tyrone won 1 more kickout of their own than Kerry but importantly doesn't show how many they lost. 

Kerry scored 18 points + 9 wides = 27 kickouts for Tyrone so you're looking at Tryone winning 63% (17/27) of their kickouts compared to Kerry who had 12 + 9 = 21 kickouts, winning 76% of those

Good maths Mac,  monday and all that!!  Telling though that they lost 10 of their own kickouts,  criminal stuff that.

Well you need to settle on argument first. Tyrone had the more chances, the better chances but let Kerry off the hook. In reality they were at our mercy, there is definitely regret there in the fact we didn't take our chances but it was a case of us having Kerry at our mercy and just not having that ruthlessness.

We let Kerry away with it.

What exactly is your point?
You had chances, you weren't good enough to take your chances, kerry were better at taking their chances (although they missed chances too), scored more and won the game.

Keep in mind too, that of the 4 goal chances (I can only remember 3 but I believe you!) two were blocked/saved - one by marc oSe and one by kealy. So you could argue good defending by kerry (albeit last ditch defending).

I would that there has never been a game yet where the losing team cannot point out chances that if they had taken they could have won the game!

Im saying it's our own fault we lost rather than Kerry out classing us. I thought we definitely had the beating of them yesterday but shot ourselves in the football. People are speaking as if Kerry were on another level to us yesterday but the truth is we had them beaten if we had that little bit more composure and clinical finishing

Very disappointing.

And this is the precise reason why Kerry were on a different level to Tyrone.

BennyHarp

I wouldn't say a different level Franko, not only did Kerry allow Tyrone to create 4 clear goal scoring chances and panicked twice in the box leading to penalty incidents, they didn't even create any goal scoring chances themselves against the first decent defence they've faced. Better team on the day? Yes! On a different level? No way!
That was never a square ball!!

outside-the-wire

Tyrone simply were not good enough. They just about stayed in the game. Kerry weren't world beaters either. Hopefully this siege mentality will fade. It's ridiculous.... I bet they won't like brolly weighing in defending them... They can't claim siege mentality when others stick up for them. Was asking to a tyrone man and he said it was Tyrone against the rest of ireland. Arrogance I thought.

omaghjoe

Quote from: outside-the-wire on August 25, 2015, 05:34:29 PM
Tyrone simply were not good enough. They just about stayed in the game. Kerry weren't world beaters either. Hopefully this siege mentality will fade. It's ridiculous.... I bet they won't like brolly weighing in defending them... They can't claim siege mentality when others stick up for them. Was asking to a tyrone man and he said it was Tyrone against the rest of ireland. Arrogance I thought.

Your contribution has been invaluable on this board since the Monaghan game, I trust that since Tyrone are out now you will have nothing more to offer?

omaghjoe

Quote from: Hardy on August 25, 2015, 11:31:22 AM
Quote from: Disillusioned on August 25, 2015, 10:32:55 AM
One of the most interesting aspects of the game from a neutral perspective was the ability of the Tyrone management to turn off the sledging/bad mouthing, diving and other forms of cheating for this game.  Virtually, no Tyrone player fell to the ground clutching his face or rolled/writhed in apparent agony at the slightest contact.

This shows that the management has control of such behaviour. 

Good to see the referee taking the time to send the Tyrone assistant manager off the field on one of his many excursions, not many referees monitor this level of interference.

I'm surprised there has been so little comment about this. It was remarkable. Even Sean Cavanagh seemed to be able to keep his arms from flapping up and down.

I have no way of knowing whether the management controls it or not. But I hope they take the right lesson from this and don't conclude, "We lost - that's what playing straight gets you".

So it now appears that the lack of any significant sledging on Sunday is further evidence that sledging is orchestrated in Tyrone
::)
Grow up lads