Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2015, 10:50:07 PM
Morgan had a stinker today. Why do they still give him the frees?

Complete mystery :o He's been missing them all season too. Was also a big factor in Tyrone getting relegated. Though we haven't had  a proper free taker since Canavan. :(
Anyway Mickey O'Neill is a better keeper than Morgan and should be no.1 next season.

BennyHarp

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2015, 10:58:56 PM
His kick outs were brutal too.

Jimmy McGuinness called them a horror show. Makes you appreciate how good Cluxton is as he has been so relentlessly consistent for the vast majority of his long career. It's not easy hitting quick, directed kick outs accurately, time after time after time. You are really dependent on the outfield players getting free. If that doesn't happen it's hard not to panic as you only really have a few seconds to make the decision as to where it goes. Morgan panicked and his kicking went to pot. He clearly was told not to belt it down the middle either, (though we actually did ok with any ball that went high into midfield)..... Talk of hammering the hammer earlier in the week, we hammered our own hammer by turning what should have been one of our major strengths into one of our biggest weaknesses.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

When I saw Morgan celebrating his first point I feared the worst.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blanketattack

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 23, 2015, 10:27:02 PM
Bradley was met with a shoulder to the head from Darran O'Sullivan near the end?

Crowley was trying to rile Cavanagh all game and took a dive and lay down in the first half underneath the Hill trying to get him dismissed. If it was Tyrone there would be no doubt it would have been discussed tonight.

Darren O'Sullivan is only about 5'7", the only one he can shoulder to the head is Danny De Vito.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Quote from: The Trap on August 23, 2015, 10:53:49 PM
McNAbb tackle not quite as bad as tadgh Kennelly premeditated attack on Nicholas Murphy!

It wasn't as bad as Ciaran Whelan decking Nigel Crawford before the throw in either, so let's just not call him on it? Seems reasonable.

outside-the-wire

Kerry the better team but Tyrone could have should have! 4 goal chances from open play. Kerry never got a sniff of goal. Donaghy marked out if it, cooper marked out of it but up steps Buckley and Geaney.

Where was Sean Cavanagh? Was expecting a big game from him. Colm out scored him!! Thought he made poor decisions and unlike the Monaghan match his work rate was poor. Should have popped the ball over the bar to leave a kick between the teams but chose to jump into two defenders and lost the ball. At the final whistle he ran down the tunnel and did not stay with teammates as captain.

Morgan was shocking. Thought the wonder point was the start of the Morgan freekick revival especially with the estatic jumping around back to goal. Thought that would have steadied him.

Mattie Donnelly was silent. Not his running self at all.

Bradley was excellent. A real talent coming through.

Although McCurry missed frees he had a decent game. Don't think he was te man for the long range kicks.
Thought tyrone gave Kerry too much pocession from their kick out.

Kerry never really kicked on. Will they improve?

Never a second pen and first one I have to see again.

Overall great game!! Enjoyed it.

Syferus

In fairness most decent keepers don't make as many big mistakes as Morgan did today in a season, forget about Cluxton. The back-up looked quaility this year, if Morgan can't hit the frees with very high consistency in that context I don't see how he should be starting.

tyroneman

Sin e

Well done Kerry.

Tyrone left that game behind them with poor decisions, poor free taking and some very wayward shooting.

Rebuilding process coming along nicely though.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Disillusioned on August 23, 2015, 09:43:55 PM
Tyrone threw it away and the lack of talent on the bench was exposed when compared with Kerry.

Looks like management can turn off the play acting when they want to do so.

Morgan - lost it mentally and fell to pieces should never have been brought up to take long range frees as he struggles to concentrate on one important job.  Essentially lost the game on his own but poor captaining by Cavanagh led to him deteriorate even quicker by continuing to call him forward and recognising he was mentally shot.
McCarron - continued his good run of games
McNamee - did a good job until wrongly black carded mainly because it was the Gooch
McCrory - played well but can't score and should have passed or held the ball instead of losing a few vital scores.
McNabb - overall played well but cost two important frees, due to giving away necessary scores on two occasions
McMahon - managed Donaghy out of the game but was match winner Geaney his man?
Harte - carried the team as usual and great penalty
Cavanagh C - played well as sweeper and when he moved out the field
Donnelly - by passed at midfield by the short kick outs and less effective than previously as a marked man
McCann - found out by lack of football intelligence and his only skill being running with the ball if given to him
Bradley - could have won the game with a virtually open goal
Meyler - found out by this level of football
McCurry - missed too many scores
Cavanagh S - was he on the field? Poor as a captain, didn't support those who needed an experienced player to steady them.
Subs made no impact except McNulty who should have been given a penalty.  Turns out that Colm O'Rourke was right about how referees would fail to give important decisions to Tyrone because of their reputation.

Think Justy switched onto Cooper once McNamee was black carded. Clarke took up Geaney then and was given the runaround, McNamee's black card was a big turning point for me. I know he's had a bad injury but Clarke really seems to have regressed and looks like a lad who has spent far too much time in the gym, way too top heavy and seems to have lost any pace he had.

tyssam5

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 23, 2015, 07:35:18 PM
I'm talking about the one after he punched the ball wide. That was a red.

The one that got the black card was a yellow by rights.

Ah right, yeah seemed late and high - no problem with a red there.

Previous one again maybe a yellow - but what about a yellow for Cooper too?
Clearly got caught across the chest and went down holding his face.

tyssam5

Quote from: Rois on August 23, 2015, 09:00:27 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 23, 2015, 08:42:01 PM
Moran was certainly not bossing midfield. He was swallowed up in possession a few times in the first half and won very little ball from kick outs as it wasn't that type of match.

I watch Moran closely because he's a colleague (different office) and paid particular attention today when I was four rows from the front on the 45 getting absolutely soaked . I fully agree with the point about being swallowed up in possession, and was disappointed to see him grab on to the ankle of the opponent who got the ball from him on not one but two of those occasions.  I actually think he was a wee bit frustrated today, though absolutely everything was going through him in the first half.  Definitely not his best day out.

But congrats to Kerry, they were not at their best and still won, though Tyrone helped them no end.  We need a free taker.

I saw that grab - a hand trip is a black card and it was pretty obvious

tyssam5

Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2015, 10:01:02 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 23, 2015, 09:38:09 PM
On another note Mark O`Se played in his 14 semi final today, outside of Kilkenny hurling that serious going

Also I wasn't convinced his black card was warranted. Yes he pull ed nthe man down but I thought it was a consequence of his initial tackle on the ball I didn't think he deliberately tried to pull his man down.  Cant blame the ref though more than half of Cp was baying for blood!!!!!!

You and O'Rourke must be the only 2 men in Irelans questioning a black card there! Great company to be in!

Darby

Tyrone played very well. They were also tough but fair, for the most part, and that's not a twisted statement on my behalf. MOST teams are tough but fair for the MOST part. There was nothing exceptionally cynical about Tyrone today. They weren't the better team, but could still have won the game. They did their county proud.

INDIANA

Quote from: screenexile on August 23, 2015, 10:21:33 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 23, 2015, 10:17:30 PM
Why is that they are saying McNabb's is a red card but Darren O'Sullivan's on Bradley isn't?

Why hasn't Peter Crowley being brought to task like they did with Justy McMahon?

You've lost me there pal what are you on about?

Ah it's just Tyrone being the victim