Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 13, 2015, 11:39:16 AM
Maigh Eo abú! :)

McCann ban is 'lunacy', says Horan

13 August 2015

James Horan has described Tiernan McCann's proposed eight-week ban as 'lunacy'.

The former Mayo manager claims the Killyclogher clubman has been "hung out to dry" by the GAA and fears the whole controversy could harm Tyrone's chances of upsetting Kerry in Sunday week's All-Ireland SFC semi-final.

"If Tiernan McCann is suspended for eight weeks, you'd have to question what the GAA is at," Horan writes in the Irish Daily Star.

"This proposed ban is absolute lunacy. It's yet another example of elements of the media setting the agenda and the GAA authorities following sheepishly behind.

"It has been argued that this furore will help Tyrone going into the All-Ireland semi-finals, that they'll feed off a siege mentality. I don't see it that way. This kind of stuff can't be helpful.

"The CCCC has made a big mistake in my opinion. This is a response to media hysteria. Joe Brolly set the ball rolling with a Sunday newspaper column and then the Sunday Game laid into McCann.

"It looks to be me as if Croke Park react to pressure from pundits. That's not right.

"McCann made a stupid mistake late on against Monaghan. He was daft and wrong in what he did (taking a dive) – there's no question about that. But he's been singled out as part of a witch-hunt by elements of the media."

Hoganstand article

It is lunacy and a disgrace and I for one hope common sense prevails!

If McCann plays against Kerry I hope he gets what he deserves after that awful shite he pulled!!!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: Talks a good game on August 13, 2015, 06:18:11 PM
Pinch me I must be dreaming....a Kerry man talks a bit of sense for once.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/eoin-liston-gaa-have-given-red-hand-a-reason-to-feel-aggrieved-over-mccann-ban-31448104.html

Not sure why you are attacking Kerrymen.

It seems to me to be mainly your neighbours who the most vocal critics.

Your biggest supporters are the likes of James Horan and half of the southerners on here.

MWWSI 2017

Talks a good game

Quote from: muppet on August 13, 2015, 07:27:19 PM
Quote from: Talks a good game on August 13, 2015, 06:18:11 PM
Pinch me I must be dreaming....a Kerry man talks a bit of sense for once.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/eoin-liston-gaa-have-given-red-hand-a-reason-to-feel-aggrieved-over-mccann-ban-31448104.html

Not sure why you are attacking Kerrymen.

It seems to me to be mainly your neighbours who the most vocal critics.

Your biggest supporters are the likes of James Horan and half of the southerners on here.

Ahh no it was meant as a complement. I haven't heard Liston speak but maybe he could replace Pat on TV? Then all we would need is a Dublin Sunday game  pundit with an All Ireland medal and things might start to calm down a bit

omaghjoe

Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 13, 2015, 02:09:29 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 13, 2015, 12:35:36 PM
Joe McMahon having a hernia operation at the weekend. He'd be very doubtful for the 23rd.

They suspect he'll be fit, all keyhole surgery im told, he'll suffer a bit of bruising but no muscle damage, shud be fit to play all being well.

Not according to the latest reports, they it looks like he's gonna miss it. We could have done with at least that falling our way

Soup an Samajiz

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2015, 04:24:27 AM
Quote from: Soup an Samajiz on August 13, 2015, 02:09:29 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 13, 2015, 12:35:36 PM
Joe McMahon having a hernia operation at the weekend. He'd be very doubtful for the 23rd.

They suspect he'll be fit, all keyhole surgery im told, he'll suffer a bit of bruising but no muscle damage, shud be fit to play all being well.

Not according to the latest reports, they it looks like he's gonna miss it. We could have done with at least that falling our way

watch this space  ;)
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Pub Bore

blanketattack

Looks like JOD isn't going to be fit to play. It's Tyrone's to lose now  ;)

BennyHarp

Quote from: blanketattack on August 14, 2015, 11:21:04 AM
Looks like JOD isn't going to be fit to play. It's Tyrone's to lose now  ;)

This is a massive blow to Kerry. I think he is the player that poses us most problems up front due to his movement and pace and his ability to stretch the defensive cover. All we need now is for their two midfielders to run into each other in training and we'll be confident enough.
That was never a square ball!!

Dire Ear

Some Arma posters really have deep issues , that are mentally unhealthy ; and I'm not joking.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 14, 2015, 11:32:56 AM
Some Arma posters really have deep issues , that are mentally unhealthy ; and I'm not joking.
Arma what? Armageddon? are you seeing a reflection of yourself there?

Dire Ear

Issues with Tyrone Gaa -, Fearon,  Stew and you,  may be others. Didn't have the time to read all the pages on the Monaghan game ( was getting tedious, McCanns dive was pathetic by the way ) , but if you still don't understand I won't explain any more in reply to your silly questions.  Good luck

Applesisapples

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 14, 2015, 11:53:53 AM
Issues with Tyrone Gaa -, Fearon,  Stew and you,  may be others. Didn't have the time to read all the pages on the Monaghan game ( was getting tedious, McCanns dive was pathetic by the way ) , but if you still don't understand I won't explain any more in reply to your silly questions.  Good luck
Actually you accuse of having issues with Tyrone GAA, you obviously haven't read my posts so until you do perhaps you should seek some counselling for your persecution complex.