Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Catch yourself on is all I can say.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

lenny

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 15, 2015, 11:47:08 PM
If yous look at the incident with a fresh pair of eyes you would see that Hughes went to grab his hair and tried to pull down with considerable force.
Why do you think he marched off without so much as a protest? He knew he deserved it!

lol. Youre the only person who has seen it like that.

omaghjoe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 15, 2015, 11:51:32 PM
Catch yourself on is all I can say.
I've explained myself. So instead of behaving like I am being unreasonable perhaps you could explain why you believe I am?

omaghjoe

Quote from: lenny on August 15, 2015, 11:59:48 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 15, 2015, 11:47:08 PM
If yous look at the incident with a fresh pair of eyes you would see that Hughes went to grab his hair and tried to pull down with considerable force.
Why do you think he marched off without so much as a protest? He knew he deserved it!

lol. Youre the only person who has seen it like that.

Tell you what have a look at the video with a fresh pair of eyes and explain to me why Hughes clenches his fist as it reaches Tiernan's hair? And why his arm bounces uncontrollably off his shoulder? If you comes up with a rational explanation to that then I am all ears.

I say that in all honestly BTW

StGallsGAA

maigheo

Jeez Omaghjoe go have a few pints for yourself.We all know that McCann dived and there should not be a suspension and it will be overturned.Enjoy your teams run and you should be looking forward to next sundays clash with Kerry and not poring over the video from last Saturday to prove some worthless point to yourself.

reddgnhand

omaghjoe

Quote from: maigheo on August 16, 2015, 01:53:43 AM
Jeez Omaghjoe go have a few pints for yourself.We all know that McCann dived and there should not be a suspension and it will be overturned.Enjoy your teams run and you should be looking forward to next sundays clash with Kerry and not poring over the video from last Saturday to prove some worthless point to yourself.

Im not talking about what Tiernan did, Im talking about what Hughes did.

Fuzzman

I usually enjoy reading & posting on the board but since the U21 final I find myself, often, contemplating hanging up the fingers(boots).
Yes I like a good shit stir like many others on here anf can take my oil as well as give it out in spades.
Unlike a lot of others on here, I, SOMETIMES, bite the bullet and admit when my team is out of line and have done wrong.
In 2003 after we won our first AI, in Mickey Harte's first year in charge, as you can imagine there was an outpouring of emotion and relief that we had finally done it and to have beaten our neighbours and reigning champions made it even more significant.
However, that Monday I listened to Des Cahill praise us and our hard working and pack style defending like v Kerry but to go on and focus on our diving.
It was my first time to feel regret & annoyance that others were picking holes in our great victory. Was it jealousy, envy, good/bad/biased analysis.
Did he and others think that Armaghs emphasis on being a more physical and often over stepping the rules on tackling is fair enough to gain an unfair advantage but to fall/go down easily/dive to highlight the foul and unfair advantage is NOT fair enough.
Of course its a thorny topic to discuss & the general consensus seems to be I'd rather a fella give me a good thump on the mouth and I respect him as a man than the Sean Cavanagh type that Brolly portrays AGAIN this week in the Garlic Life.
Fair enough that's the GAA world that we live in and for the record I hate blatant diving like what McCann did.
However I strongly agree with the best post Ive read on this by Jimmyjimson 2 pages back.
I'm not sure where he's from but it's very balanced and unlike so many other biased jealous lads on here can see Tyrone have worked hard to get to the last 4 and Harte has them playing great fast counter attacking, entertaining football and unlike Donegal's system a few years back are putting up high scores.

I was so proud if them last Sat but come Monday and the shite I read on here, in SOME papers and then on RTE I came into work on Monday dreading the onslaught. I shouldn't be feeling like that when my county has made it to the semifinal.
As OmaghJoe is trying to point out is that everyone is focusing on Tyrone's reaction to Monaghan's dirty play. Over Reaction to Monaghan hitting digs, punches to the back of the head. Brolly says Cavanagh dive to "minimal contact".
Let's see Joe. If Tyrone had of done the same minimal contact to McManus you probably would have written Typical cynical Tyrone with sly dig to the ribs to start a row so to slow the game down.
So rather look at the instigator of all those incidents like Hughes knowing the game was lost, so seeing big Colm making yet another great catch in his defence and running out with it, he decides f**k it your coming down bug lad. Should have been black card. Naturally Tyrone players react so not content to walk away he then gets involved again and RAISES his hands towards McCanns head.
Ask D. Marsden the question. If someone comes at you with hands up what goes through your head.
Hindsight is great but McCann had seconds to think and he probably thought here's a punch coming to my head as Hughes lifts his hands but Mc Cannot would never have expected an attack/pull/rufflre if his hair.
Even so his reaction was VERY wrong and disappointing that that is HIS mentality.
I'd say he regrets it now and no doubt, should he play, Kerry will be testing his mental strength now as well as his physical strength.

I for one am happy Tyrone have stopped being the whipping boys in the 80s & 90s where we had some great footballing teams but we would come down to Croker with an inferiority complex and let teams like Meath LITERALLY walk all over us and then laugh at the scars they left behind.

We now can play ball but also can stand up for ourselves and not be bullied. We sometimes might come across arrogant like our attitude next Sunday but unlike Mayo and most others we won't show fear or too much respect for Kerry.

Saying all that, I do wish now that whilst you do have to bend some rules to close out tight games, that we would stop the more OTT diving. I will go on record to say we do it too much and whilst sometimes it is used to highlight to refs you need to blow a free here, it is giving us a bad name and we need to ease off on it.

I know it's highly unlikely but IF Tyrone should do the unthinkable and beat Kerry fair and square I hope we don't get another slating for playing 67 mins of good football and then 5 mins of closing the game out.

I think I'll retire now and hang up my tired fingers.

Dire Ear

Agree 100% Fuzz,  too many WUMs - 75 pages of this.  The Anti-Tyrone agenda is tedious.  Time to leave them to it.

Boycey

Fuzzman that's some crock of shite

From the Bunker

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 16, 2015, 08:22:20 AM

We sometimes might come across arrogant like our attitude next Sunday but unlike Mayo and most others we won't show fear or too much respect for Kerry.

Piss off! Your crowd got a good hiding the last time you met Kerry!

As for the rest, Take off the blinkers!

T Fearon

Even big David Jeffrey,ex Linfield manager,having a go at Mc Cann in Sunday Life today! ;D He praises GAA for imposing the ban and says soccer authorities should follow suit.

Oisin Mc Conville says the way Tyrone play "disgusts me!"

lenny

Quote from: T Fearon on August 16, 2015, 02:55:21 PM
Even big David Jeffrey,ex Linfield manager,having a go at Mc Cann in Sunday Life today! ;D He praises GAA for imposing the ban and says soccer authorities should follow suit.

O'Rourke poses harte a few interesting questions in the indo today. Very fair and balanced article.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on August 16, 2015, 02:55:21 PM

I think the whole country has been waiting anxiously to hear what he had to say about it.
That was never a square ball!!