Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

I agree with that Tommy. If it's tight in the last 20 minutes or so, Monaghan have more players on their bench capable of making an impact offensively. Ronan O'Neill is Tyrone's only genuine attacking option and his form has been poor/average. None of the subs who came on against Sligo made a positive impact.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

haranguerer

Quote from: Maguire01 on August 06, 2015, 09:55:20 PM
Team named:
1           Rory Beggan   
2       Colin Walshe
3       Vinny Corey   
4       Ryan Wylie   
5       Dessie Mone
6       Neil McAdam   
7       Karl O'Connell   
8       Owen Lennon   
9       Fintan Kelly   
10       Kieran Duffy   
11       Darren Hughes   
12       Owen Duffy   
13       Dermot Malone   
14       Kieran Hughes   
15       Conor McManus   

16        Cian Mohan
17       Drew Wylie   
18       Conor Boyle   
19       John Mc Carron   
20       Dick Clerkin   
21       Paul Finlay   
22       Stephen Gollogly      
23       Shane Carey   
24       Thomas Kerr
25       Ryan Mc Anespie   
26       Christopher Mc Guinness   

Happy enough with that team (surely Kelly won't line out in midfield?), and some strong options on the bench.

Kelly in there on Donnelly wouldn't be a bad move at all. Lennon was poor against Donegal, I'd be more worried about him in the mf tbh.

nrico2006

Quote from: CD on August 07, 2015, 08:41:37 AM
I agree with that Tommy. If it's tight in the last 20 minutes or so, Monaghan have more players on their bench capable of making an impact offensively. Ronan O'Neill is Tyrone's only genuine attacking option and his form has been poor/average. None of the subs who came on against Sligo made a positive impact.

Richard Donnelly and Lee Brennan are both great attacking options on the Tyrone bench.  Very surprised that Lee Brennan has  not got a run out so far considering the form he has been in this year.  Is McShane not on the bench?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Onthe40

Richard Donnelly - I would seriously doubt has the ability to come on and be a match winner. V poor versus Meath, pulled ashore at HT..

Redhand Santa

Monaghan definitely have a strong experienced bench but wouldn't be too concerned that we'll lose the game based on the benches. Our own bench is quite strong. McNulty, Justy and Ronan O'Neill should all come on. McNulty looks like he can provide a bit of power and drive forward.

We definitely don't have the same experience on the bench but a lof of boys with underage success who have done it at a natioanl level hopefully coming through. Clarke, R Donnelly, O'Neill and McNulty all played in the 2010 all ireland minor winning side. Lee Brennan and Rory Brennan both played on this years u21 winning team. Then we have Justy who has been a top defender over the last ten years, hopefully he's fully fit.

Huge day tomorrow for both teams. A loss could really set Monaghan back and a loss for Tyrone will increase the pressure on Harte.

nrico2006

How well is Clarke going?  Is he still far away from his best?  Be some option if he was near his best.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Whishtup

Could see Brennan coming on for McAliskey if he is having a bad day.  That's the sort of pressure that can really make someone stand up.  He knows he can do the business, it just hasn't happened in every game.  Has to happen from now on or I fear Harte will be more ruthless in substituting at an earlier stage.  With McAliskey/Brennan and McCurry firing in these games, we've a chance against anyone.

Fuzzman

I have heard Clarke has gone backwards since his injuries from an Omagh man but I don't know myself.

Are any of ye meeting up before hand in Jurys hotel before hand(now Doyles).
I'll be there from 2pm onwards & prob go there afterwards

Are any of ye staying down the night. PM if me ye wanna meet up with some of us Dublin based Tyrone fans
https://www.facebook.com/groups/329662576095/

straightred

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 06, 2015, 10:40:27 PM
I see this as the match where Conor McManus emerges as Footballer of the Year material. He's currently 16/1 with PP.

very rare that this doesn't go to the AI winners (JOD got it over Connolly last year which is still a mystery to me)

If you think Monaghan can win the AI take the 22/1 on offer instead

southdown

Brogan got it in 2010, Dublin didn't even make the final!

nrico2006

Brogan has been the best player so far this season by a mile.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 07, 2015, 12:16:48 PM
Are any of ye staying down the night. PM if me ye wanna meet up with some of us Dublin based Tyrone fans
https://www.facebook.com/groups/329662576095/

So you'd have no interest in meeting Monaghan folk? Sounds ominous..  :P

GrandMasterFlash

A strong and mobile Monaghan line out with 'a few good men' to spring from the bench. It was felt that MOR left it very late in the day to make substitutions in the Ulster Final. In a way that's a good thing as the players will learn much more from that scenario. Taking players, especially younger players, off in a game dents their confidence. Leaving them on to handle the pressure is much more progressive for the team. I'm assuming this was MORs strategy.. However, if the game is tight with 15mins to go I'd like to see McGuinness/Finlay/Gollogly/Clerkin being introduced to steady the thing. The last 3 in that list in particular have plenty of big game experience, especially against Tyrone! Based on this, I'm gonna go with Monaghan by 2 points (1 would do though!  :))

Fuzzman

Who will the Mayo and Donegal fans be shouting for I wonder in the first match?
How many times have we met Monaghan now in the 1/4s?

I loved the game where Canavan and Stevie scored goals against them. Was that 2005 after Armagh stole an Ulster from us. ;-)

Are most Monaghan fans not that worried about us or what do you fear?
Sean Cavanagh isn't any where as influential as he used to be though he will still chip in with a few scores.

I hope to GOD Morgan isn't going to be hitting far out frees. I'd rather we just dropped them into the square to be honest.

JoG2