Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Hate the way they play football under Harte ?

OMG

Walter Cronc

Ah lenny come on. No Derry man supported Tyrone after Clones in 95!

LeoMc

Quote from: phpearse on August 09, 2015, 11:47:59 PM
Some of the Tyrone lads could take a leaf out of Michael Murphy's book. Took a box to the mouth and stood his ground. There's a lot to be said about manning up in these situations and quit the messing. McCann should be seriously embarrassed with what happened yesterday. Why would a player do that? How would you even think of diving when someone touches your hair. You first reaction would be to push them away not falling to the ground. That was ridiculous and it will likely reck his head now and he won't be the same player in the next game (if he plays, I see Colm O'Rourke has asked for him to be banned, which will likely happen now). Would you not think that Sean Cavanagh would be embarrassed at this stage as well? FFS man stand up and stop acting the maggot. Sublime at times and ridiculous at other times.

I don't care how the Monaghan players behaved themselves in the last 1/4 of that game. The joy of winning at match is Croke Park soon looses it's shine when you see shite like that on TV afterwards. It doesn't have to happen, what it shows is a lack of self belief that the football ability isn't there to kill a game off that they were leading comfortably. They thought they needed to mess and feck about in the last 15 to see out the game when they could have held their head and finished the game strongly. Young team but sometimes the tone is set but the elders on the team and Cavanagh can set a bad example at times.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, it wasn't much of a slap that Murphy received. It was closer to the sort of pat given in the O'Mahony incident. There would have been more force behind Murphys push into the defenders chest.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2015, 12:09:31 AM
Quote from: phpearse on August 09, 2015, 11:47:59 PM
Some of the Tyrone lads could take a leaf out of Michael Murphy's book. Took a box to the mouth and stood his ground. There's a lot to be said about manning up in these situations and quit the messing. McCann should be seriously embarrassed with what happened yesterday. Why would a player do that? How would you even think of diving when someone touches your hair. You first reaction would be to push them away not falling to the ground. That was ridiculous and it will likely reck his head now and he won't be the same player in the next game (if he plays, I see Colm O'Rourke has asked for him to be banned, which will likely happen now). Would you not think that Sean Cavanagh would be embarrassed at this stage as well? FFS man stand up and stop acting the maggot. Sublime at times and ridiculous at other times.

I don't care how the Monaghan players behaved themselves in the last 1/4 of that game. The joy of winning at match is Croke Park soon looses it's shine when you see shite like that on TV afterwards. It doesn't have to happen, what it shows is a lack of self belief that the football ability isn't there to kill a game off that they were leading comfortably. They thought they needed to mess and feck about in the last 15 to see out the game when they could have held their head and finished the game strongly. Young team but sometimes the tone is set but the elders on the team and Cavanagh can set a bad example at times.

I agree with a lot of this.

I don't give a damn what other sides do. If 31 counties dived and feigned that's on their conscience. I didn't like what I saw in the last 15 mins in a Tyrone jersey. I was elated at making the semis and beating the Ulster champs but it was a niggly feeling. During the game it dawned on me that man for man we were actually a better side. Tyrone could have killed them off by playing football 15v15.

There are fine players on that Tyrone team who play football. Harte, Donnelly, McCurry, McMahon..... but there are others who are capable of acts of unmanliness at any given moment.

In terms of dragging down and defending at all costs I've no problem with. Kilkenny were as cynical as fcuk today when Waterford looked like sniffing a goal. It's trying to get others sent off or sanctioned I cannot abide.

I don't care if Monaghan did it too and The Sunday Game didn't highlight it. I don't care about the public's perception of Tyrone. I care about what I see in a Tyrone jersey.

I hope against Kerry we frustrate the feck outta them, foul them where it doesn't hurt, get in their heads and throw verbals, but no diving to get others punished.
Well said O'Neill.
Alot of people slating Tyrone fans for not condemning McCann, almost every Tyrone person that has posted on here has condemned McCanns actions.
I would love to see players banned for that sort of stuff, but at the minute that option isnt there, so untill the rules change , calling for punishment in this incident is pointless.

Maybe feigning injury to get another player sent off should be added to the list of black card offenses?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

macdanger2

Interesting enough game on Saturday, Tyrone well deserved their win, much the better team. All the niggle ruined it as a spectacle though.

My take on the various incidents:

- Meyler black card definitely deserved, he was trying to be too cute running into the Monaghan man to get him black carded
- Finlay definitely should have walked for the dangerous punch to Cavanagh's head
- S Cavanagh lucky not to get the line
- McCann a disgrace to himself
- Beggan was playacting at one stage in the 2nd half as well
- K Hughes should have got the line
- Monaghan players generally stupid for getting involved when they should have been concentrating on getting back into the match
- McMahon was lucky not to get black carded in the 2nd half when Monaghan took a quick free and he pulled down the Monaghan man. The ref called back the free so no action was taken. It was probably the only half-chance for a goal Monaghan had

Overall, Tyrone will give Kerry their fill of it but it's hard to see them having enough quality to win it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: lenny on August 10, 2015, 08:04:52 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2015, 07:46:20 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 10, 2015, 03:59:15 AM
Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on August 10, 2015, 03:36:56 AM
Sorry I've just started reading this and don't have time to look at 49 pages. This was probably posted somewhere but just in case it wasn't, here's Aidan O'Mahony in 2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHuU3EdJ1NQ

Not justifying either dive. Both disgusting and the opposite of what the game should be about. But I just don't remember the same outcry over O'Mahony. Is my memory malfunctioning, or is a Tyrone fringe player a softer target than a Kerry all-star?

Were Kerry dragged through the mud due to an action of one of their players? Was it claimed that it was systematic in that county and exemplary of how they behave?

Was it f**k and there's a litany of historic events that shows Kerry have absolutely no qualms about engaging in the dark arts when they want to, the media just decide to ignore this and add no attachement to it.
Someone already linked to the massive thread on it at the time when a Tyrone poster tried to peddle the same line you are yesterday.

The big difference is that every Kerry person I heard/read commenting on O'Mahoney condemned him and said they were ashamed of his actions. Every tyrone person justifies mccanns actions by saying we're not the only teamwho dive. Other counties have shame, tyrone don't seem to do shame no matter how low their players stoop. Mccann is only copying the actions of players he looked up a few years ago when he was a teenager. Tyrone people who say there is an agenda against them should ask themselves why this is. From a personal point of view I always used to like tyrone. i had total respect for Eugene mckenna and Art mcrory and supported them in 86, 95 and 96. When harte took over tyrone turned into the most hateful team in the country with all players seemingly coached in the dark arts. If you look at the posters who contribute on here it seems that evey time tyrone play a new county they leave a mark and that becomes a new group of people who hate tyrone. Personally I don't hate them but I hate the way they play football under Harte.

Well at least you don't generalise.
That was never a square ball!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 10, 2015, 08:55:39 AM
Interesting enough game on Saturday, Tyrone well deserved their win, much the better team. All the niggle ruined it as a spectacle though.

My take on the various incidents:

- Meyler black card definitely deserved, he was trying to be too cute running into the Monaghan man to get him black carded
- Finlay definitely should have walked for the dangerous punch to Cavanagh's head
- S Cavanagh lucky not to get the line
- McCann a disgrace to himself
- Beggan was playacting at one stage in the 2nd half as well
- K Hughes should have got the line
- Monaghan players generally stupid for getting involved when they should have been concentrating on getting back into the match
- McMahon was lucky not to get black carded in the 2nd half when Monaghan took a quick free and he pulled down the Monaghan man. The ref called back the free so no action was taken. It was probably the only half-chance for a goal Monaghan had

Overall, Tyrone will give Kerry their fill of it but it's hard to see them having enough quality to win it.

i cant understand this view at all.

What was Kieran Hughes doing? The wording of the black card rule is to 'deliberately bodily collide with an opponent'
That is exactly what Hughes did, he watched Myler the whole way and deliberately collided with him.
Myler certainly turned into him when he saw the contact coming, but the incident undoubtedly  was instigated by Hughes.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

imtommygunn

I would agree. Hughes should have got a black card for that - Meyler must be fairly miffed at this as he did very little but pass a ball and then saw a man flinging himself at him.

macdanger2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 10, 2015, 09:05:43 AM
i cant understand this view at all.

What was Kieran Hughes doing? The wording of the black card rule is to 'deliberately bodily collide with an opponent'
That is exactly what Hughes did, he watched Myler the whole way and deliberately collided with him.
Myler certainly turned into him when he saw the contact coming, but the incident undoubtedly  was instigated by Hughes.

The way I saw it was that Hughes was heading for Meyler and and it likely would have been a black for Hughes if Meyler had just kept running the way he was. Instead Meyler blatantly changed direction to make sure he collided with Hughes so he deserved the black

Bingo

Wasn't a black card for Hughes, if Hughes had continued and made contact with Meyler, yes he would have got the card. But he didn't and may not have. Meyler checked his run and went into Hughes, rather than Hughes going into him. Who is to say what would have happened if Meyler had continued in a forward direction.

Anyone who attended one of the rules roadshow when the blackcard would have had this explained to them and they used an example very similar to this where the forward moving player changes direction to make the contact and he is deemed to receive the card rather than the defender.

It may have happened differently in a parallel universe but refs have to call what they see and that is what happened. (And that is by no means giving Duffy credit, as he deserves very little)

Il Bomber Destro

Sorry I've just started reading this and don't have time to look at 49 pages. This was probably posted somewhere but just in case it wasn't, here's Aidan O'Mahony in 2008:

Not justifying either dive. Both disgusting and the opposite of what the game should be about. But I just don't remember the same outcry over O'Mahony. Is my memory malfunctioning, or is a Tyrone fringe player a softer target than a Kerry all-star?

Were Kerry dragged through the mud due to an action of one of their players? Was it claimed that it was systematic in that county and exemplary of how they behave?

Was it f**k and there's a litany of historic events that shows Kerry have absolutely no qualms about engaging in the dark arts when they want to, the media just decide to ignore this and add no attachement to it.
Someone already linked to the massive thread on it at the time when a Tyrone poster tried to peddle the same line you are yesterday.

The big difference is that every Kerry person I heard/read commenting on O'Mahoney condemned him and said they were ashamed of his actions. Every tyrone person justifies mccanns actions by saying we're not the only teamwho dive. Other counties have shame, tyrone don't seem to do shame no matter how low their players stoop. Mccann is only copying the actions of players he looked up a few years ago when he was a teenager. Tyrone people  who say there is an agenda against them should ask themselves why this is. From a personal point of view I always used to like tyrone. i had total respect for Eugene mckenna and Art mcrory and supported them in 86, 95 and 96. When harte took over tyrone turned into the most hateful team in the country with all players seemingly coached in the dark arts. If you look at the posters who contribute on here it seems that evey time tyrone play a new county they leave a mark and that becomes a new group of people who hate tyrone. Personally I don't hate them but I hate the way they play football under Harte.

Bullshit. For a start McCann was wrong and I haven't see anyone Tyrone man here make allowances for his actions. The point being made is that when a Kerry player does it, then the view is it not a problem with Kerry football. When a Tyrone  players has done similar it is because Tyrone are vile scum and endemic of a culture that exists in the county.

That view is blatant bullshit and highlights the premeditated viewpoints with regards any shady incidents that happens with Northern counties and Southern ones.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Bingo on August 10, 2015, 09:39:16 AM
Wasn't a black card for Hughes, if Hughes had continued and made contact with Meyler, yes he would have got the card. But he didn't and may not have. Meyler checked his run and went into Hughes, rather than Hughes going into him. Who is to say what would have happened if Meyler had continued in a forward direction.

Anyone who attended one of the rules roadshow when the blackcard would have had this explained to them and they used an example very similar to this where the forward moving player changes direction to make the contact and he is deemed to receive the card rather than the defender.

It may have happened differently in a parallel universe but refs have to call what they see and that is what happened. (And that is by no means giving Duffy credit, as he deserves very little)

Meyler may have slightly changed direction, in order to ready himself for the contact. But Hughes was running straight at him.....with his arms in the air!!! The only person making the deliberate move was Hughes. His laughter afterwards suggested that he knew exactly what he was doing. Hughes was running in the opposite direction to the play with his eyes fixed on Meyler, Meyler was still moving in an attempt to get back involved in the play and follow the ball. I genuinely can't see how how this card was warranted and the very discussion around it shows how much of a balls the whole black card is.
That was never a square ball!!

JoG2

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2015, 05:28:41 AM
Well watched this discussed incident again a few times there

Despite the outrage of the supposed dive I'm still fairly convinced that McCann was pulled down by the hair, he also had his legs swept from under him on his way down.

I presume Hughes will be getting a lengthy ban for this and his body slam of Colm C.

I can attest to his innocence on Richie Donnelly tho. That was his brother, didnt look accidental either. How Ciaran Hughes stayed on the pitch is nothing short of a miracle, he was completely out of control throughout and the nonsense at the end could have been averted if he had got the black card he deserved instead of young Meyler

ah man, surely a piss take? Man up and call it for what it was, a disgrace. A one match ban (an all ireland semi final no less) would go along way to stamping this nonsense out. 

I'm 100% retrospective bans for any diving on a football pitch, be they from Derry, Wicklow, any county. The GAA has to put a lid on this immediately before it creeps in and infests like it has in soccer. Diving, simulating, feigning injury cannot be seen to be productive on the football pitch.

Certain posters questioned Duffy playing so much added time. Sean Cavanagh spent about 5 minutes lying on the ground letting on he was hurt himself. Big Sean, get the buck to your feet and man up!

Monaghan were as poor as Tyrone were impressive (the  playacting aside), and it sets it up for a ding dong semi-final against one their old enemies. I'll be at it and will no doubt need to bring my bag of eyes ;-)

screenexile

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 10, 2015, 09:44:19 AM

The big difference is that every Kerry person I heard/read commenting on O'Mahoney condemned him and said they were ashamed of his actions. Every tyrone person justifies mccanns actions by saying we're not the only teamwho dive. Other counties have shame, tyrone don't seem to do shame no matter how low their players stoop. Mccann is only copying the actions of players he looked up a few years ago when he was a teenager. Tyrone people  who say there is an agenda against them should ask themselves why this is. From a personal point of view I always used to like tyrone. i had total respect for Eugene mckenna and Art mcrory and supported them in 86, 95 and 96. When harte took over tyrone turned into the most hateful team in the country with all players seemingly coached in the dark arts. If you look at the posters who contribute on here it seems that evey time tyrone play a new county they leave a mark and that becomes a new group of people who hate tyrone. Personally I don't hate them but I hate the way they play football under Harte.

Bullshit. For a start McCann was wrong and I haven't see anyone Tyrone man here make allowances for his actions. The point being made is that when a Kerry player does it, then the view is it not a problem with Kerry football. When a Tyrone  players has done similar it is because Tyrone are vile scum and endemic of a culture that exists in the county.

That view is blatant bullshit and highlights the premeditated viewpoints with regards any shady incidents that happens with Northern counties and Southern ones.

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 10, 2015, 05:28:41 AM
Well watched this discussed incident again a few times there

Despite the outrage of the supposed dive I'm still fairly convinced that McCann was pulled down by the hair, he also had his legs swept from under him on his way down.

You sure about that!