Tyrone V Monaghan AIQF 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 02, 2015, 12:16:46 PM
Monaghan in Croke Park are a different team to Monaghan in Clones. They actually put it up to Dublin in the league in Clones, but seemingly get blinded by the big floodlights of Croker and don't know what to do.

You beat us by more than 10 points in Clones and by 1 point in Croker this year; I'm struggling with your logic? Obviously you hammered us in the quarter final last year but I don't think it's a fair comparison. 

There shouldn't be too many floodlights needed in at 4pm in Croke Park in Aug, although you'd never know with this 'bleedin wedder.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 12:15:18 PM
Definitely have to give monaghan lots of credit and respect for what they have achieved with probably their best ever group of players.  It's probably the  last throw of the dice for a number of the group.   I think monaghan are in the mindset for all Ireland finals whereas Tyrone are in bonus territory.  Think the team and management have really had a great run at it.  But as a Tyrone man it makes me  sad to say that it is Monaghan who will be everybodies favourites to win by 5 or 6 points. This monaghan team are determined to put Sam on the mantlepiece at castle Leslie?

On the potential retirees, would Tyrone not have a few also: S Cavanagh, Joe McMahon??

bennydorano

I would put the house on Monaghan tbh, not surprised at the odds at all, Monaghan  by 3+ for me.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 02, 2015, 12:16:46 PM
Monaghan in Croke Park are a different team to Monaghan in Clones. They actually put it up to Dublin in the league in Clones, but seemingly get blinded by the big floodlights of Croker and don't know what to do.

Would be happy to be proven wrong as I don't particularly care a jot for Tyrone, but they should have enough to beat Monaghan here.

:D Here's a typical Dub showing what he knows about football.

rrhf

Monaghan man at the match yesterday was telling me that monaghan have never won a championship match in croke park...is that true?

omagh_gael

They beat Kikdare after extra time last year in Croker.

Maguire01

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 02, 2015, 01:05:30 PM
They beat Kikdare after extra time last year in Croker.
And we had a win 84 years before that!

rrhf

Can't see either Tyrone or monaghan or anyone  stopping kerry this year.

Whitnail

A tough dirty sledgefest with cards of all colours .

Viewers discretion etc

Couldn't call it .No doubt the ref will make a telling contribution.

rrhf

Not much of a prize for monaghan if they bate Tyrone.

rrhf

Is there a chance that this could be orourkes last game in charge of monaghan.

Schkite

Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 09:07:51 PM

What makes you think that? Last year he extended his contract until the end of 2017.

BennyCake

Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 06:29:08 PM
Not much of a prize for monaghan if they bate Tyrone.

They need to bring Eamonn McEneaney out of retirement to take the frees.

rrhf

Quote from: Schkite on August 02, 2015, 09:28:18 PM
Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2015, 09:07:51 PM

What makes you think that? Last year he extended his contract until the end of 2017.
Can't say