Mayo v Donegal Saturday August 8th, 2015 Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by From the Bunker, July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 06, 2015, 01:35:45 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 06, 2015, 01:11:01 AM
Well BennyCake you did say 'you lads'. That must imply all Mayo lads.

Bennycake is always at that oul craic. I wouldn't worry about it. 😜 But yes, I'm sure he did mean every single Mayo person in the county. I'm sure, however, that he is fully aware that there are a few more level headed Mayo lads out there too - like your good self for example!

Whoops :P

I'm also fed up to the hilt of Mayo fans complaining. Times of games, refs, and the latest is complaining about the tickets they've been allocated. FFS cop the fcuk on, enjoy these years they won't last forever.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

Pretty good words from Pat Holmes last night on the news. Fair play to him, he is such a bore I'd say the mejia don't bother with him anymore.

QuoteI think Mayo are unstoppable this year, on a mission and AOS is unmarkable , Sam Maguire is for castlebar .(not influenced by drink, drugs or romantic notions)

I'd say you've been watching too much UFC and MacGregor. What do you want Larry? all of us Mayo's to be mouthing off as if we are going for 5 sams in row. Ya don't here much of that coming from Kerry (apart from 'star'). Take note of what happen to your very close neighbours when they got ahead of themselves.

Go and get yourself a few boutique beers, I find that they have a calming influence.

Fair enough you believe in the team's capability to possibly win easy, but at the end of the day it's Croker and a AIQF, not so sure  Donegal are finished just yet. I saw the highlights of the Galway game only yesterday and those 2nd half high balls into Murphy are scary, I'm sure you'd agree on that despite your optimism.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 06, 2015, 09:27:49 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on August 06, 2015, 01:35:45 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 06, 2015, 01:11:01 AM
Well BennyCake you did say 'you lads'. That must imply all Mayo lads.

Bennycake is always at that oul craic. I wouldn't worry about it. 😜 But yes, I'm sure he did mean every single Mayo person in the county. I'm sure, however, that he is fully aware that there are a few more level headed Mayo lads out there too - like your good self for example!

Whoops :P

I'm also fed up to the hilt of Mayo fans complaining. Times of games, refs, and the latest is complaining about the tickets they've been allocated. FFS cop the fcuk on, enjoy these years they won't last forever.

You might consider taking your own advice there Farr :) :P
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 05, 2015, 10:26:30 PM
I agree with giveballaghback on this one. It isn't anything to do with the lack of new faces replacing these bucks, but by God it'll be lean times when this team goes. I just think Donegal will have enough tactical nous to strangle Mayo to be honest. This is the first time Mayo will have played a Division 1 team since the last time they played Donegal. I am worried because Mayo generally stuttered this league campaign, especially the last few games. I can see Donegal getting two goals at least. I hope I'm wrong but Donegal, since they beat Galway (who I did think had a good chance of turning them over the last day) will have enough confidence in that win especially with the way they lost narrowly to Monaghan.

Arra, fair play Farr, a mhic, just as I was starting to feel a bit iffy, you came to the rescue. ;D ;D
I dunno what I'd do if you ever give Mayo the thumbs up  but right now I'm  off to the bookies with me fiver in me fist.
Keep up the good work and here's hoping you'll rubbish our chances when late September comes around.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

onlooker11

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 05, 2015, 08:29:36 PM
Quote from: onlooker11 on August 05, 2015, 06:08:59 PM
Conor Mortimer on the current GAA issues and Mayo's chances this weekend

https://beanbagsports.com/blog/2015/08/05/conor-mortimer-there-is-a-big-issue-in-the-gaa/

Pretty good analysis from The Mort, in fairness to him.

Better than his bloody book, I can tell you that much.
YEah, very hard to disagree. Will Mayo get the two goals he says they need though? I think they could.

Nihilist

Mayo will open up the Donegal defence at some stage. And Donegal will do the same to Mayo.
Whoever takes these chances will win it.

Unless its a high scoring free for all in which case I would back Mayo but can't see that happening.

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on August 06, 2015, 09:38:04 AM
Pretty good words from Pat Holmes last night on the news. Fair play to him, he is such a bore I'd say the mejia don't bother with him anymore.

QuoteI think Mayo are unstoppable this year, on a mission and AOS is unmarkable , Sam Maguire is for castlebar .(not influenced by drink, drugs or romantic notions)

I'd say you've been watching too much UFC and MacGregor. What do you want Larry? all of us Mayo's to be mouthing off as if we are going for 5 sams in row. Ya don't here much of that coming from Kerry (apart from 'star'). Take note of what happen to your very close neighbours when they got ahead of themselves.

Go and get yourself a few boutique beers, I find that they have a calming influence.

Fair enough you believe in the team's capability to possibly win easy, but at the end of the day it's Croker and a AIQF, not so sure  Donegal are finished just yet. I saw the highlights of the Galway game only yesterday and those 2nd half high balls into Murphy are scary, I'm sure you'd agree on that despite your optimism.

Ah yeah. We really went in taking Sligo for granted. You'd want to look back to what was said before the Sligo game if you really think that. Mayo folk should know better than most that the media filling you with hot air doesn't mean the county is buying it and taking games for granted.

Mayo4Sam

I think Donegal have gone backwards since McG left. Maybe it was the four hard years thy put in under him

I'd expect us to win but it will be a great test of our full back line and the weakness there
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

J70

If Mayo get up six or seven points early on like two years ago, it's curtains for Donegal, especially if the goals are given up as cheaply. We need a solid start this time.

Canalman

Quote from: J70 on August 06, 2015, 03:42:27 PM
If Mayo get up six or seven points early on like two years ago, it's curtains for Donegal, especially if the goals are given up as cheaply. We need a solid start this time.

Mayo posters could say the same about the 2012 final in fairness.

highorlow

QuoteAh yeah. We really went in taking Sligo for granted. You'd want to look back to what was said before the Sligo game if you really think that. Mayo folk should know better than most that the media filling you with hot air doesn't mean the county is buying it and taking games for granted.

It was long before the Sligo game that Evans was talking ye up.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Tubberman

Quote from: highorlow on August 06, 2015, 04:13:32 PM
QuoteAh yeah. We really went in taking Sligo for granted. You'd want to look back to what was said before the Sligo game if you really think that. Mayo folk should know better than most that the media filling you with hot air doesn't mean the county is buying it and taking games for granted.

He's derailing yet another thread, but if Roscommon didn't take their eye off the ball for the Sligo game, then they're in even bigger trouble.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

J70

Quote from: Canalman on August 06, 2015, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 06, 2015, 03:42:27 PM

Mayo posters could say the same about the 2012 final in fairness.

True. I think Donegal were in a slightly different place in 2013 than Mayo were in 2012 though. And those two sides had no mutual history in 2012. And while you could say that Donegal will be out to prove a point this time, they are a relatively aging side going into their sixth tough game.

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on August 06, 2015, 04:16:25 PM
Quote from: highorlow on August 06, 2015, 04:13:32 PM

He's derailing yet another thread, but if Roscommon didn't take their eye off the ball for the Sligo game, then they're in even bigger trouble.

It wasn't me who brought it up so wind your big long neck back into its socket.

We played injured players and put in a horrendous performance. Have you never seen a team put in a below-par performance before? Never seen a focused team do that? It happens. There was little arrogance to be seen by the players on the field.

Trying to find reasons beyond that is just a case of people creating narratives to suit the point they want to make at that given time.

Rossfan

Let it go Syf. Summer 2015 was a disaster from management and many players.

Now to talk about teams who are still standing.....
Will it be the end of the road for the team that loses here?
Both of them first came good in 2011, have most of the same players now in their 5th tough year at or near the top.
Will be a desperate struggle and may come down to the fact the Rhus might have that bit more desire never having landed Sam.
Mwr by 3 points.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM