Author Topic: Android Boxes  (Read 169752 times)

Jim Bob

• View Profile
Re: Android Boxes
« Reply #1650 on: August 08, 2019, 01:01:13 PM »
General, I've read through the last 10 pages and you seem to be in the know. What's the deal with setting up IPTV I've downloaded the Smart IPTV app onto my Samsung TV, is there a better IPTV app I should use? Any info you can share to enlighten me would be appreciated.

So the smartiptv app in still in the Samsung tv store? I read above that it wasn’t in it anymore.

general

• View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 08, 2019, 01:04:08 PM »

So the smartiptv app in still in the Samsung tv store? I read above that it wasn’t in it anymore.
[/quote]

No idea - not posh enough to have a smart tv  ::)

BenDover

• View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 08, 2019, 03:19:15 PM »
General, I've read through the last 10 pages and you seem to be in the know. What's the deal with setting up IPTV I've downloaded the Smart IPTV app onto my Samsung TV, is there a better IPTV app I should use? Any info you can share to enlighten me would be appreciated.

Searched for it yesterday and it was there

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 09, 2019, 06:22:29 PM »

Searched for it yesterday and it was there

You sure? I searched my 2 Samsung smarts TVs but there were only videos of smartiptv, not the actual app itself. In fact one of the videos is about the app being removed from the Samsung store back in June!

general

• View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 12, 2019, 11:11:59 AM »
Everyone enjoy the footie yesterday chaps? Sat back and watched in Ultra HD  ;D Not sure if the internet providers had any blocks in force yesterday - i ensured the VPN was switched on so no disturbance through the day

themac_23

• View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 12, 2019, 12:51:00 PM »
Everyone enjoy the footie yesterday chaps? Sat back and watched in Ultra HD  ;D Not sure if the internet providers had any blocks in force yesterday - i ensured the VPN was switched on so no disturbance through the day

General, id been using an app on firestick, bought it pre loaded, doesn't work any more, think it was Morph TV or something. if you could PM me any apps and providers i could download that'd be great,

The_geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 12, 2019, 01:03:57 PM »
Hi guy, I run the IPTV though my Samsung tv, is there a vpn that I can install onto the tv from the Samsung app store or nething?

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 12, 2019, 03:07:41 PM »
Hi guy, I run the IPTV though my Samsung tv, is there a vpn that I can install onto the tv from the Samsung app store or nething?

Was the football blocked yesterday on your tv?

The_geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 12, 2019, 03:18:17 PM »
It was on and off quite a bit, would go blank for 5-10 mins at a time

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 12, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »

What provider gives Ultra HD??

I'm using Helix and while their consistency is very good they struggle for HD on a lot of channels which is a bit annoying.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 12, 2019, 04:05:47 PM »

What you need is a dns proxy rather than a VPN, works a treat on smart TV.

Try smartdnsproxy.com

DrinkingHarp

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 12, 2019, 08:22:26 PM »
I use the Firestick here in the states and was able to watch the Semi-finals both Sat/Sun no problem.
If you need to learn how to use the Firestick to watch live TV or movies I would recommend this guy on youtube.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTAvAuvDlyA 

Never bought his VPN or any for that matter and no problems, not paid by him or anyone. It is an alternative to IPTV but there is IPTV in his "store".

The best app/add-ons would be RedTV, Modbro, CatMouse, TeaTV, TVZion - just look around and no monthly fee.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The_geezer

• View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 13, 2019, 08:06:08 AM »
cheers Boycey, will try that at the weekend. I take it that if I use that site then my Netflix will automatically witch to whatever country I decide to switch the server to?

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 13, 2019, 08:33:55 AM »
I use the Firestick here in the states and was able to watch the Semi-finals both Sat/Sun no problem.
If you need to learn how to use the Firestick to watch live TV or movies I would recommend this guy on youtube.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTAvAuvDlyA 

Never bought his VPN or any for that matter and no problems, not paid by him or anyone. It is an alternative to IPTV but there is IPTV in his "store".

The best app/add-ons would be RedTV, Modbro, CatMouse, TeaTV, TVZion - just look around and no monthly fee.

The VPN is important in the UK because there is a legal order in place compelling the ISPs to block access to servers showing pirated content
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 13, 2019, 09:12:05 AM »
The legal order now extends to Ireland as of a month or so ago, I use two different providers neither of who had any issues over the weekend though.