Author Topic: Android Phone  (Read 27393 times)

Brick Tamlin

• View Profile
Re: Android Phone
« Reply #225 on: August 15, 2019, 09:36:17 AM »
so terms of functionality there is no real difference?
I can still easily transfer data files etc?
Couldnt be bothered with any oul hassle with new phone so ive been holding back on getting it

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2019, 09:49:07 AM »
I have a P20 Pro and before that i had an S7.  I didnt find it difficult to change at all.  The Huawei EMUI operating system is maybe slightly different to Samsung so of course that would take a little getting used to.  Camera is great, battery life great etc.  Ive had it now for well over a year and i would have no complaints.  Look out for deals that sometimes accompany the Huawei phones.  I got a set of Bose QC2s with mine and the wife got a decent tablet with her P30.

Do you mean transferring files from PC to phone? That's something I've never had to do so i couldn't comment really.

general

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 15, 2019, 10:10:39 AM »
I've a Samsung S10 work phone and a Huwawei P30 for my personal phone - both run android.

The Huwawei however is running so much faster and huge importance to me is battery use - I can have it on all day and have apps running all day where i would normally have them all closed on the samsung.

come 10pm in the evening i may stil have 45% battery. that could be after watching 30 mins news on the phone at lunch time as well.

Transfer can all be done via Google Accounts i believe - i have my whattsapp and photos all backed up on my gmail so it was a matter of signing in and recovering.

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/huawei-p30?filter_upfront_cost=0

https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/brand/huawei?page=2

there are some unbelivable deals available at the minute - huge data allowances. These are for the north of the boarder unfortunately for anyone in the south

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 15, 2019, 11:47:44 AM »
One thing to note about Huawei is that they are beginning to push their own OS.

If you are interested in a phone but aren't really sure if it's what you want or need, watch the reviews by MKBHD, Unbox Therapy and Dave Lee on YouTube.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Jim Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 15, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »
My Samsung galaxy a5 2017 does not give me any notification of receiving text messages. Nothing appears on home screen or itís screen icon and no sound is made. I tried finding a setting but doesnít appear to be one. Had led to grief about me not replying to texts etc...

any pointers to solve this?

Solo_run

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 15, 2019, 02:34:30 PM »
My Samsung galaxy a5 2017 does not give me any notification of receiving text messages. Nothing appears on home screen or itís screen icon and no sound is made. I tried finding a setting but doesnít appear to be one. Had led to grief about me not replying to texts etc...

any pointers to solve this?

Should be somewhere under settings "Apps & Notifications" Then select the app you want notifications for and enable them.

I accidentally disabled notifications for SMS a few weeks ago and just fixed it.

fearsiuil

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 16, 2019, 07:44:24 PM »
Anyone recommend a device or phone for downloading podcasts and listening to live radio (not via internet)?

Device/phone won't to be used as a phone.