Attention Mayo Supporters

Started by Mayo4Sam14, July 27, 2015, 04:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

I thought this a few months ago but I think that it could be class in Croke Park, for the quarter final. If all the Mayo fans did something like song (green and red of mayo) at a set time (51st minute?) Thoughts?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Farrandeelin

I'd prefer if we all cheered when the game ends, but each to their own I suppose.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 27, 2015, 05:16:04 PM
I'd prefer if we all cheered when the game ends, but each to their own I suppose.

Can do that too 😂

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 27, 2015, 05:16:04 PM

I like this year's optimistic upgrade of Farr!
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Surely your jingoism would have been more suited to a tighter and packed ground like Limerick or the Hyde and not a half empty Croke Park?

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Syferus on July 27, 2015, 05:21:48 PM
Surely your jingoism would have been more suited to a tighter and packed ground like Limerick or the Hyde and not a half empty Croke Park?
[/quote/]

True

From the Bunker

In 1999 Ballina Stephenites played Crossmaglen Rangers in the AI Club final. A group of Ballina people with various percussion instruments and drums played and rattled out a continuous rhythm from the Hill. One of the most annoying things to ever have to encounter during a tense match. I was on holidays lately and a lad from Crossmaglen who i met talked of that day and how annoying even in victory that rhythm was.

If it was 2001, 2011 etc. There is no occasion and there is no reason other than a random anniversary number to do it. Listen, enjoy the match there are too many people caught up in creating a circus on match day.

Listen, I don't want to be a killjoy. But it looks like doing something for the sake of doing something!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2015, 05:36:45 PM
In 1999 Ballina Stephenites played Crossmaglen Rangers in the AI Club final. A group of Ballina people with various percussion instruments and drums played and rattled out a continuous rhythm from the Hill. One of the most annoying things to ever have to encounter during a tense match. I was on holidays lately and a lad from Crossmaglen who i met talked of that day and how annoying even in victory that rhythm was.

If it was 2001, 2011 etc. There is no occasion and there is no reason other than a random anniversary number to do it. Listen, enjoy the match there are too many people caught up in creating a circus on match day.

Listen, I don't want to be a killjoy. But it looks like doing something for the sake of doing something!

Wouldn't involve any instruments, just trying to raise the atmosphere

muppet

Was that a basketball thing - Team West etc? (Serious question btw).

Anyway it didn't seem to bother brokencrossbar1.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 27, 2015, 05:38:52 PM

Wouldn't involve any instruments, just trying to raise the atmosphere

Do you find GAA matches tend to lack atmosphere?

larryin89

Love ideas like this and buddy don't let the boring brigade in here or elsewhere put you off,  Dubs are the only right supporters but more will catch on as the years go on and the dinosaurs fade away.

Club 51 try their best in fairness but probably not enough numbers . I'll pm you when I get home and i know others who want to raise the bar for a while . A song might be too optimistic but just an almighty " Mayo Mayo Mayo " more reguraly would be a start . Players do appreciate it and I know that for a fact.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Don't get me wrong. I like colour and noise. Just it has to be with the game experience, acknowledgment of a score, a good pass, a good tackle, Players coming onto the field, substitutions. Flags with our colours, Bangladesh, Portugal, Basque, etc. I have a friend who wear virtually no colours to games and they always do my head in.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 27, 2015, 05:54:32 PM
Don't get me wrong. I like colour and noise. Just it has to be with the game experience, acknowledgment of a score, a good pass, a good tackle, Players coming onto the field, substitutions. Flags with our colours, Bangladesh, Portugal, Basque, etc. I have a friend who wear virtually no colours to games and they always do my head in.

The Mayo support lost their soul when St. Patrick decided to pack it in. It'd have been like Paddy Joe deciding to give up on supporting Roscommon.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: larryin89 on July 27, 2015, 05:46:30 PM
Love ideas like this and buddy don't let the boring brigade in here or elsewhere put you off,  Dubs are the only right supporters but more will catch on as the years go on and the dinosaurs fade away.

Club 51 try their best in fairness but probably not enough numbers . I'll pm you when I get home and i know others who want to raise the bar for a while . A song might be too optimistic but just an almighty " Mayo Mayo Mayo " more reguraly would be a start . Players do appreciate it and I know that for a fact.

Actually I agree with you there

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.