All Ireland Final tickets 10 year deal

Started by Fuzzman, July 27, 2015, 03:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

A friend of mine has got the ten year deal where he gets 2 AI final tickets each year both for hurling and football.
They are up for renewal and he says they are looking for over €3,500 for each ticket for the 10 years so to renew it he would have to pay €7000 for the 10 years lower Cusack section.

Does this sound really high or is he missing something?
How much is a normal ticket for the Cusack on AI final day?

Does any of ye have this deal?

Boycey

Yeah that's about right...

I know a few that had them and let them go recently, they are too expensive. I suspect the GAA are trying to take ownership back of these tickets by pricing people out of renewing.

Fuzzman

Is it on their website or can you see it any where that you can order them?
It seems scandalous but suppose companies buy them up to give to clients etc

Boycey

They wouldn't be currently available on open market for purchase

They were sold originally as a one off for a 10 year period when Croke Park re-development was started 20 odd years ago, to partly fund the re-development. After the original 10 years was up those who had them were offered another 10 year period which is now coming an end. A 3rd 10 year period is being offered but Croke Park have raised the cost of them to such a level that you would have to think they are trying to dis-encourage people from keeping them and by doing so take them back into their own ownership..

ITs a pity for anyone that has had one for 20 odd years, they are cracking seats in the lower Cusack. I was actually going to take a couple from an old guy I know who wasn't going to keep his on until I discovered the cost!!!

FermGael

Very simply the gaa top brass are pricing the members out of it. 
Some way to repay their loyalty
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Fuzzman

So am I right to say that you could pay €70 a ticket for a hurling final and €70 for a football final so that's €140 a year so for 10 years that's €1,400 whereas they are now charging MORE than double that for the same 2 tickets a year.

Some mark up that.
I presume its for companies who want to offer their clients AI final tickets as gifts or incentives for their business during the year.

Mayo4Sam14

It's guaranteed seats in a good position though (I'm not trying to justify the price just saying why they could make it more expensive)
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Boycey

I think its €80 for All Ireland tickets? That'd bring it up to €1600 for the 10 years, replay tickets come at no extra cost (I think). Ticket prices will also rise over the next 10 years so although big the mark-up won't be over double..

I don't think there would be as many of these tickets in company hands as say the premium level tickets, remember these were only ever offered for sale once 20 years ago.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 27, 2015, 04:50:16 PM
So am I right to say that you could pay €70 a ticket for a hurling final and €70 for a football final so that's €140 a year so for 10 years that's €1,400 whereas they are now charging MORE than double that for the same 2 tickets a year.

Some mark up that.
I presume its for companies who want to offer their clients AI final tickets as gifts or incentives for their business during the year.

You have to factor in that in 10 years time the tickets won't be €70. It looks expensive now when compared to a single ticket but it'll probably look like value come yrs 7,8,9 and 10.

Syferus

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 27, 2015, 05:07:51 PM

Some mark up that.

You have to factor in that in 10 years time the tickets won't be €70. It looks expensive now when compared to a single ticket but it'll probably look like value come yrs 7,8,9 and 10.

The prices won't increase so much that they'd even come close to covering the difference. You'd need prices in the final years that are four or five times that of current prices for that to happen.

As was said it's probably targeted at organisations and the premium is fully about guaranteeing the tickets no matter what. That or the very rich..

Minder

Quote from: Aristo 60 on July 27, 2015, 05:07:51 PM

Some mark up that.

I don't think it's ever going to look like "value".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

orangeman

They're only "value" in so far as you get the same seats in a prime location meaning you never have to chase tickets through other sources. The down side is obviously the cost and whereas some people have not renewed theirs,the majority of people have. The gaa have got the maximum out of this section of tickets. The tickets are currently €80 each and it will be a long long time before they are €175 a ticket which is what they work out under the new terms.

Unless of course you flog them on ebay etc.  >:(

supersarsfields

Are the 10 year tickets not tickets for any Croke park games, not just the final?

NP 76

No just ticket for the finals in both codes. My father and uncle have had them from the came out but had to give them up at the cost they were looking. I think I will be a long time before a ticket is 175. No way to repay the loyalty of 20 years but typical of the thoughts towards the ordinary supporters

thewobbler

It's not aimed at ordinary supporters. Nor should it be. It's a premium rate for a premium product.

If they took it down to face value plus an allowance for annual increases, there would be a queue out the door for the tickets. At which point you would complain that thousands of tickets have been taken away from competing counties.