Fermanagh v Dublin AIQ/Final

Started by SamFever, July 26, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

What seems to have gotten totally missed is how bad of a goal the second goal Dublin conceded was.

You'd imagine it has kiboshed any notion of Cluxton picking up an All-Star this year and has probably done a bit of damage to a couple of Dublin defenders odds given how slack the marking was.

Sidney

Lame wind-ups about certain counties not being proper GAA counties, supporters watching MUTV and the obvious weight problems of problems of certain players.

People taking the bait and giving offended replies to lame wind ups.

Supporters of teams claiming they're now outsiders in an attempt to influence the result of future matches.

I love the INTERNET.

Sidney

Quote from: heffo on August 03, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Dubs rightly outsiders for the AI now

Dublin are still favourites, mate.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 03, 2015, 12:21:30 PM
What seems to have gotten totally missed is how bad of a goal the second goal Dublin conceded was.

You'd imagine it has kiboshed any notion of Cluxton picking up an All-Star this year and has probably done a bit of damage to a couple of Dublin defenders odds given how slack the marking was.

Paul Durcan won an All Star last year despite his deft pass to Kieran Donaghy to hand Kerry the All Ireland title.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

under the bar

Quoteif you take indianas snide and ignorant comments about Sean Quigley as fact then every player that plays in the rugby world cup can be considered as unfit and ill prepared,

Indiana's comments also blows quite a hole his claims to have played at the highest level winning AI medals etc as the stuff of a fantasist.  You could just imagine Ray Cosgrove comming on here making such comments about another county forward who top scores in a championship match against the Dubs.  Not!!

twohands!!!

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 03, 2015, 12:31:30 PM

Paul Durcan won an All Star last year despite his deft pass to Kieran Donaghy to hand Kerry the All Ireland title.

Do you honestly think Cluxton is likely to pick up an All-Star still?

rrhf

Quote from: general_lee on August 03, 2015, 12:16:38 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 09:36:56 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on August 02, 2015, 09:30:09 PM
Well I said in an earlier post that regardless of todays result Fermanagh are the team of this years championship and how right i am, what a performance today against all the odds, if you take indianas snide and ignorant comments about Sean Quigley as fact then every player that plays in the rugby world cup can be considered as unfit and ill prepared, the thing is Quigley after putting in a hard shift was going better than any Dublin player at the end, maybe if the dubs were given proper dinners instead of bangers and mash when they were kids they would have a bit of stamina as well, yere factory athletes well get turned over once again in the semi, maybe they should try cabbage and bacon, Cluxton was pushed over the line like a feather weight, as for Connolly an athlete? for .... sake, im outa here, wheres me old moores almanac so I can read proper bull.

Nothing snide about it at all. I'm simply bemused how someone who is quite obviously very talented , that his 2 stone overweight girth is a case for celebration by the GAA world. And then the even more ludricrous suggestion that if he got fitter he'd dis-improve. Bizarre, bizarre stuff in my opinion.
This isn't the 70's you know
Lol he top scored yesterday you f**king moron. 1-8. (You were probably sat in the bar watching some Re-run on Mutv)

The guy is 22, built like the m1 with two hard shoulders and you're on here mouthing when in reality he had a bit of a field day yesterday.
He took the dub fullback line to the cleaners on pure ability. Performance of the year.  I'd love to see seamy back next year.  Fermanagh are a talented team and need to push up to division 1 and stay there but they are capable of following the monaghan lead.  Imagine the dubs give over some of their purse for a nutrition guy in the interests of good sport. Yesterday he roasted them.  But he's been great this season and could nab the full forward all star if that dub team won the all Ireland.

Sidney

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 03, 2015, 10:36:34 AM

There is talk over the Dubs forum that some think that this team is actually in decline and that if we don't win it this year it could be a long time before we do, as in decline not age but tactically and managerially etc. Some players too. Not sure Dublin can get past Donegal/Mayo, would actually prefer to play Donegal.
Last year Dublin were going to win five in a row.

Now they're not going to win it at all for five decades in a row.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Sidney on August 03, 2015, 12:49:05 PM

There is talk over the Dubs forum that some think that this team is actually in decline and that if we don't win it this year it could be a long time before we do, as in decline not age but tactically and managerially etc. Some players too. Not sure Dublin can get past Donegal/Mayo, would actually prefer to play Donegal.

Yeah that came from the pundits and outside Dublin media. We are more realistic up in Dublin and people who know Dublin GAA are more cautious with that sort of speak, to me and to a lot of others its between Kerry and Mayo. I think Mayo will get to the final.

Sidney

Quote from: rrhf on August 03, 2015, 12:47:58 PM

He took the dub fullback line to the cleaners on pure ability. Performance of the year.  I'd love to see seamy back next year.  Fermanagh are a talented team and need to push up to division 1 and stay there but they are capable of following the monaghan lead.  Imagine the dubs give over some of their purse for a nutrition guy in the interests of good sport. Yesterday he roasted them.  But he's been great this season and could nab the full forward all star if that dub team won the all Ireland.
I predict that Pete McGrath goes back to Down, Fermanagh get some county board stooge in to replace him, the Quigleys go on strike and are hospitalised after a massive pizza bender, and Fermanagh get beaten by 20 points by Leitrim in the first round of the qualifiers next year.

Keyboard Warrior

What's the craic with Seamas Quigley? Is he ever going back to play for Fermanagh? Is he playing with his club? The man is a serious talent.

Sidney

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 03, 2015, 12:55:32 PM
Quote from: Sidney on August 03, 2015, 12:49:05 PM

Yeah that came from the pundits and outside Dublin media. We are more realistic up in Dublin and people who know Dublin GAA are more cautious with that sort of speak, to me and to a lot of others its between Kerry and Mayo. I think Mayo will get to the final.
It's alright mate, what you say here won't affect the result of the remaining matches in this year's championship so there's no need to play the poor mouth.

rrhf

Five of the remaining 6 teams would have bate the dubs yesterday.

beer baron

Quote from: rrhf on August 03, 2015, 01:29:03 PM
Five of the remaining 6 teams would have bate the dubs yesterday.

But they won't when they play them.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: twohands!!! on August 03, 2015, 12:42:44 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 03, 2015, 12:31:30 PM

Do you honestly think Cluxton is likely to pick up an All-Star still?

Stephen has every chance of picking up an All-Star award. There is no other intercounty goal keeper who contributes more to the overall performance of his team than does Stephen Cluxton.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8