Fermanagh v Dublin AIQ/Final

Started by SamFever, July 26, 2015, 11:28:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

I genuinely don't think Dublin will beat Donegal.

I don't believe we've learned enough from the corresponding fixture last year.

An Watcher

Fermanagh did Ulster proud against the dubs and I'm not surprised. The Ulster championship is a dogged one unlike Leinster so we knew they wouldn't lie down. Take note westmeath, Kildare, meath and all

rrhf

Invitations to join the ulster championship for teams looking to toughen up next year now open.

aontroim abu

Quote from: Jinxy on August 02, 2015, 11:26:41 PM
Disgraceful refereeing performance I have to say.
It's not his job to try and make a game of it.

+1

nrico2006

Quigley was still motoring well towards the end, one of his final points was a cracking run by 3 or 4 Dublin defenders before he cut in and popped it over.  I was watching yesterday and was thinking how they could do with his brother there, considering he is the more talented.  A County as small as Fermanagh needs everyone on board.

As for Flynn, there was only one Brian Dooher.  Nobody has came close to the hoover since he retired.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ballinaman

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 03, 2015, 09:09:03 AM
As for Flynn, there was only one Brian Dooher.  Nobody has came close to the hoover since he retired.
Ah I remember when I used to be into nostalgia....good times.

brokencrossbar1

I have to agree about Flynn.  He, in my opinion, is the metronome that runs the Dublin team.  Connolly, Brogan etc are all excellent players but Flynn is the real deal and the one player that I would take from them over the rest.  He does the simple things right but has a heart of a lion and fantastic drive and workrate. 

The reality is that Dublin were never losing this game but they were exposed.  Cluxton is not as infallible as he once was.  The FB line are there for the taking as the HB line provide little protection at times.  The MF is just OK and would not compete against Moran and Maher for instance.  The forwards are brilliant if they are fed the ball and outside of Kerry are the most complete forward unit. 

I fancy Donegal to stifle Mayo next week.  It will be interesting to see how Dublin match up against Donegal this time round.  Murphy is coming into a bit of form and McBrearty and McFadden can be very dangerous.  If Lacey is fit then Donegal will be hard beaten.

The Aristocrat

Decent result, At least Fermanagh didn't role over like so many other teams in the country when faced by the Big Bad Dubs, they played with heart and passion and their fans were magnificent right till the very end.

I read somewhere the free count was 25-3 in Fermanagh's favour is that correct? Says it all if the case.

Few errors yesterday by the Dubs but having some of the best players in the country help you get over the line on days like today.

As for all the Dub haters spouting viral verbal diarrhea, please continue to do so as it makes it all the sweater when we win and makes us all have Jim Gavin syndrome which makes all smirk for a few days.

As for the guy who said that Dublin are not the real GAA and not real community etc wake up, come down to Vincent's or Ballybodden or any other club and Dublin and say that, a real sense of community with all clubs here, great rivalries, go down to Clontarf on a Saturday morning to see Jack McCaffery train kids or Duirmuid Connolly doing the same in Vincent's  for the summer camps, and no media present in case some smart arse says it.

ck

Well done Fermanagh ye have given us smaller counties great hope. As a Sligo supporter I sat and watched us not even compete against Tyrone (despite the positive spin by Carew!) and then 24hrs later I witness Fermanagh show balls and grit to at least compete and not give up. Credit to the, for that. Pete McGrath has to take serious credit

JoG2

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 03, 2015, 09:49:04 AM
Decent result, At least Fermanagh didn't role over like so many other teams in the country when faced by the Big Bad Dubs, they played with heart and passion and their fans were magnificent right till the very end.

I read somewhere the free count was 25-3 in Fermanagh's favour is that correct? Says it all if the case.

Few errors yesterday by the Dubs but having some of the best players in the country help you get over the line on days like today.

As for all the Dub haters spouting viral verbal diarrhea, please continue to do so as it makes it all the sweater when we win and makes us all have Jim Gavin syndrome which makes all smirk for a few days.

As for the guy who said that Dublin are not the real GAA and not real community etc wake up, come down to Vincent's or Ballybodden or any other club and Dublin and say that, a real sense of community with all clubs here, great rivalries, go down to Clontarf on a Saturday morning to see Jack McCaffery train kids or Duirmuid Connolly doing the same in Vincent's  for the summer camps, and no media present in case some smart arse says it.

Its more a case of certain Dubs on here spouting poop that has many non Dubs enjoying their speed wobbles. There's nerves now being in the group of 3 with Mayo and Donegal with possibly Kerry waiting in the final. With the kinda money being talked about , only Dublin winning Sam every year could be seen as being anywhere near value for money. The mits are starting to sweat !

From the Bunker

Quote from: rrhf on August 03, 2015, 08:08:21 AM
Invitations to join the ulster championship for teams looking to toughen up next year now open.

The Ulster Championship did not do much to toughen up Cavan, Derry, Down, Armagh this season! All beaten by the might of Roscommon, Wexford and Galway! I think we'll stay where we are!  But you go ahead and believe the hype!

The Aristocrat

Quote from: JoG2 on August 03, 2015, 10:09:29 AM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 03, 2015, 09:49:04 AM

Its more a case of certain Dubs on here spouting poop that has many non Dubs enjoying their speed wobbles. There's nerves now being in the group of 3 with Mayo and Donegal with possibly Kerry waiting in the final. With the kinda money being talked about , only Dublin winning Sam every year could be seen as being anywhere near value for money. The mits are starting to sweat !

There is talk over the Dubs forum that some think that this team is actually in decline and that if we don't win it this year it could be a long time before we do, as in decline not age but tactically and managerially etc. Some players too. Not sure Dublin can get past Donegal/Mayo, would actually prefer to play Donegal.

TheOptimist

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 03, 2015, 10:24:57 AM
Quote from: rrhf on August 03, 2015, 08:08:21 AM

The Ulster Championship did not do much to toughen up Cavan, Derry, Down, Armagh this season! All beaten by the might of Roscommon, Wexford and Galway! I think we'll stay where we are!  But you go ahead and believe the hype!

Ironically though all beaten by Ulster teams in the end, Derry, Fermanagh, Donegal

heffo

Quote from: aontroim abu on August 03, 2015, 08:50:58 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 02, 2015, 11:26:41 PM
Disgraceful refereeing performance I have to say.
It's not his job to try and make a game of it.

+1

He shouldn't be let referee an IC game again, he was a disgrace.

Dubs rightly outsiders for the AI now

general_lee

Quote from: INDIANA on August 02, 2015, 09:36:56 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on August 02, 2015, 09:30:09 PM
Well I said in an earlier post that regardless of todays result Fermanagh are the team of this years championship and how right i am, what a performance today against all the odds, if you take indianas snide and ignorant comments about Sean Quigley as fact then every player that plays in the rugby world cup can be considered as unfit and ill prepared, the thing is Quigley after putting in a hard shift was going better than any Dublin player at the end, maybe if the dubs were given proper dinners instead of bangers and mash when they were kids they would have a bit of stamina as well, yere factory athletes well get turned over once again in the semi, maybe they should try cabbage and bacon, Cluxton was pushed over the line like a feather weight, as for Connolly an athlete? for .... sake, im outa here, wheres me old moores almanac so I can read proper bull.

Nothing snide about it at all. I'm simply bemused how someone who is quite obviously very talented , that his 2 stone overweight girth is a case for celebration by the GAA world. And then the even more ludricrous suggestion that if he got fitter he'd dis-improve. Bizarre, bizarre stuff in my opinion.
This isn't the 70's you know
Lol he top scored yesterday you f**king moron. 1-8. (You were probably sat in the bar watching some Re-run on Mutv)

The guy is 22, built like the m1 with two hard shoulders and you're on here mouthing when in reality he had a bit of a field day yesterday.