Was James McClean right to do what he did?

Started by Mayo4Sam14, July 25, 2015, 02:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Was James McClean right to do what he did?

Yes
I am a f**king lost Brit, how did I even get here?

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

thebigfella

No he is a bigger Cnut that the dole drawing republicans in the north. Morals are easy when you are a millionaire from the people have made you. As big a scum as the cnuts caught up in the Nama scandal....

The poppy thing I can agree with to a certain extent but this is much different. Anyone defending him Needs a good hard look at themselves. Certainly fcukers liviving in American for the last 20 years opinions are of no validity. They should mind their own business, as they contribute fcuk all but vile sectarian bile to a society in a country they abandoned.

Windmill abu

I have lived in Tyrone for the last 52 years (so old when you see it on screen)

QuoteNo he is a bigger Cnut that the dole drawing republicans in the north.
Morals are easy when you are a millionaire from the people have made you. As big a scum as the cnuts caught up in the Nama scandal....
The poppy thing I can agree with to a certain extent but this is much different. Anyone defending him Needs a good hard look at themselves. Certainly fcukers liviving in American for the last 20 years opinions are of no validity. They should mind their own business, as they contribute fcuk all but vile sectarian bile to a society in a country they abandoned

Where do you start,

I don't nor have I ever drawn "the dole"

What James McLean  did was refuse to pay homage to the flag and anthem which has supported catholic oppression since partition almost 100 years ago.

The claim to "abandonment of the six counties" lies totally upon the ROI and should not be passed onto the emigrates who left for a better life.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Milltown Row2

Said it was silly and attention seeking... Plenty players from many different sports respect countries anthems when put in a position... I fecking hate GSTQ to be honest but id say same for Ulster players playing for Ireland in Dublin, but hey ya know what, they get on with it because they are smart intelligent guys who may not agree with the standing to a ' Foreign' anthem but respect it ....

Me personally I'd ban all Anthems, pure waste of time and very rarely are they given the respect
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dferg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/james-mcclean-any-athlete-really-6112767

Another article from the mirror. Interestingly it has a poll at the end and 87% of people who voted said he should not be sacked for his refusal to face towards the flag. As I said before the British public are not as outraged as some people would have us believe.

stew

Quote from: thebigfella on July 25, 2015, 02:28:01 AM
No he is a bigger Cnut that the dole drawing republicans in the north. Morals are easy when you are a millionaire from the people have made you. As big a scum as the cnuts caught up in the Nama scandal....

The poppy thing I can agree with to a certain extent but this is much different. Anyone defending him Needs a good hard look at themselves. Certainly fcukers liviving in American for the last 20 years opinions are of no validity. They should mind their own business, as they contribute fcuk all but vile sectarian bile to a society in a country they abandoned.

You must have served in her majestys armed forces lad!

We did not abandon Ireland you idiot, we we simply gave up on Ireland, you see bigfella the thought of raising two girls in the occupied six was not something we could stomach, we lived in the part of Ireland that was handed to the brits by the very man whose nickname you so cherish, you know the republican Michael Collins, I am sure your views toward the unemployed republicans in the north would be of absolutely no use to him, he would have reviled you for the wannabee west Brit you are! Stay off the needle son!

We did not 'abandon' Ireland, we gave up on Ireland because it abandoned us!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

BennyCake

Where's the 'I don't give a feck' option?

5 Sams

Is McClean that important that he has to have two threads on here about his "disrespect" for GSTQ. Fcuk sake go to any game this weekend in Ireland and you will see total disrespect for our own anthem at every ground.
The Aristocrat Years

BennyCake

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 25, 2015, 08:11:39 PM
Fcuk sake go to any game this weekend in Ireland and you will see total disrespect for our own anthem at every ground.

Good point 5 Sams.

stew

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 25, 2015, 08:11:39 PM
Is McClean that important that he has to have two threads on here about his "disrespect" for GSTQ. Fcuk sake go to any game this weekend in Ireland and you will see total disrespect for our own anthem at every ground.

f**k that is a shock to the system and too true!

Bazil Douglas

Go on bigfella, dont be holdin back now, let the west brit out of ye.

stew

Quote from: Bazil Douglas on July 26, 2015, 07:52:52 PM

Go on bigfella, dont be holdin back now, let the west brit out of ye.