Roscommon's next Manager

Started by Rossfan, July 20, 2015, 10:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on November 19, 2015, 07:02:18 PM
Rumours of around 100 asked to come on board.
One lad from a particular club declined as (allegedly) "That would interfere with me pints at the weekend" :)

And sure that's fair enough, some people like to play for their county and some people just want to have a life!

larryin89

Re expectation ,surely the Nestor cup is at least a realistic target especially with the traditional two most likely going head to head in semi final?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 18, 2015, 09:55:20 PM
What is the progress Roscommon hope to make next year? Obviously survival in Division 1 would be the immediate priority, and then what? Would beating Sligo, but lose a Connacht final be progress? Or would beating either Mayo or Galway in the Connacht final be the real barometer of how next season is judged?
Staying up in D1 is a huge ask. Surely on a different plane to beating Galway.
A dignified relegation and beating Sligo would be the height of ambition for the Rossies I'd say.

Shrewdness

Seafoid, i presume you're on the wind up? The management team and finance in place are not there simply to achieve a dignified relegation and to beat Sligo...Division 1 will be tough, but i expect a serious crack at Mayo in the Connacht Final is the real target.

Blowitupref

What Kevin McStay said back in September

"There is certainly no expectation in terms of this team currently because we are literally on the floor after the championship,"

"We took a big, big hit in the championship after a very good league campaign - so the focus is going to be on re-establishing our pedigree and reputation as a championship team - and everything we do is going to be in that direction.

"Obviously we are in division one - but that's where this group of players have wanted to get into and we are not for a moment being naive about the challenge ahead of us - but we are going to give it a fantastic cut, with eyes on May all of the time."

"We are looking to bring them on again - they are at a certain level - they have just knocked down the door to division one - so they are at a new level already and we have to get used to that level as that's where we want to be - so we'll need to get used to it. But this is all championship and we want to get a nice tight group together that we can trust and they can trust us.

"We are going to attempt to do a lot of coaching, a lot of detail about what systems we want to use - our method of play and getting everyone comfortable with that.

"Then obviously we want to get a very high engagement in terms of their conditioning, their attitude and their enthusiasm to play for Roscommon - that's going to be a huge part of it. Their desire to wear the jersey and want to play for their county and that'll probably be more important than anything we can do. If I see that, and Fergal sees that, then we have a great chance of doing well."
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on November 19, 2015, 08:43:24 PM
Seafoid, i presume you're on the wind up? The management team and finance in place are not there simply to achieve a dignified relegation and to beat Sligo...Division 1 will be tough, but i expect a serious crack at Mayo in the Connacht Final is the real target.

Seafoid is always on the wind-up.

Farrandeelin

Hard to know. He doesn't seem to have much of a soft spot for Roscommon.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

At least you're honest and not playing the beal Bocht shite .

Although Ye haven't a hope IMO as i think we will wipe the floor with Ross in castlebar .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on November 19, 2015, 10:38:43 PM

At least you're honest and not playing the beal Bocht shite .

Although Ye haven't a hope IMO as i think we will wipe the floor with Ross in castlebar .

The Christmas decorations will be up before Mayo have a manager.

weareros

Ah they already have. They are just going through the correct process so that no one can say they were surprised "didn't even know he was in contention" when Rochford is announced. It will be announced to great fanfare and how "there wasn't a stone left unturned from Carracastle to Belmullet" in finding the right man.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on November 20, 2015, 12:34:56 AM
Ah they already have. They are just going through the correct process so that no one can say they were surprised "didn't even know he was in contention" when Rochford is announced. It will be announced to great fanfare and how "there wasn't a stone left unturned from Carracastle to Belmullet" in finding the right man.

It seems like there was little interest in the job. Horan shying away must have been a blow to the players who rebelled. All they've achieved now is buying another ticket to the manger raffle.

Croí na hÉireann

Should that not read "from Ballaghaderreen to Belmullet" ?

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 20, 2015, 09:51:16 AM

Should that not read "from Ballaghaderreen to Belmullet" ?

+1  ;D
The nerves are getting a bit stretched at this stage so I know that was just a Freudian slip.
These buckos are spending fat too much time worrying about our manager when they should be concerned about their own.
If I had the misfortune to be one of them, I'd concern myself more with Niall Carew than Kevin Rochford. They shafted one decent man after they met him last summer and the odds are that they'll shaft McStay for the same reason before the summer is over.  ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

You're walking on thin ice Croí >:(.
Then again ye're trying to get Clan and Brigid's areas into Westmeath so I shouldn't be surprised at your pincer movement.
Meanwhile Syfín awake at all hours worrying about the Rhus. Cop on gasùn for F sake.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

Expect Lar Naparka to edit his post at any moment now, when he sees that he wrote KEVIN Rochford instead of Stephen!!