Tyrone v Sligo Sat 1st August 2015 Croke Park - 13 years on

Started by Fuzzman, July 19, 2015, 03:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Losing McCarron is a blow but fingers crossed we progress to next week and he's grand

rrhf

Quote from: tiempo on July 30, 2015, 10:32:03 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 30, 2015, 09:21:59 PM
16 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo – Total Senior Appearances 9 (3)
17 – Conor Clarke – An Omaigh – Total Senior Appearances 39 (14)
18 – Richard Donnelly – Trí Leac – Total Senior Appearances 2 (2)
19 – Peter Hughes – Eiscreach – Total Senior Appearances 17 (0)
20 – Danny McBride – An Srath Bán – Total Senior Appearances 19 (4)
21 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chochair – Total Senior Appearances 11 (2)
22 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh – Total Senior Appearances 86 (32)
23 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn – Total Senior Appearances 14 (2)
24 – Cathal McShane – E. R. Uí Néill – Total Senior Appearances 9 (3)
25 – Ronan O Neill – An Omaigh – Total Senior Appearances 36 (10)
26 – Barry Tierney – An Omaigh – Total Senior Appearances 22 (5)

Seeing as Sligo don't stand a chance and this game is a mere formality, I am just wondering, is this the strongest bench Tyrone have ever had?
Say what you are thinking!

Redhand Santa

i assume that was a smart comment and it's definitely not our strongest bench ever. At least 6 of the bench have played in an all ireland final on a winning Tyrone team between minor u21 or senior so still good pedigree there.

We have quite a settled team now. Just a few positions up for grabs. Hoping for a decent performance on Saturday and not just in patches as happened in earlier games. Croke park and a potential quarter final should ensure we're focused and put in a big effort.

macdanger2

Fuzzman

Was out in Galway last night wearing the Tyrone No 14 shirt. It's amazing the response people have to it. A lot of people from different parts if the country down for the races.
A lot of Sean Cavanagh jibes and also positive comments and a group of lads started doing the Big Sean shuffle which was funny.
Also loads shouting Dooher and Stevie O'Neill's names towards me and others saying how Dooher was our best player ever.
A few chatting to me said they'd like to see us put manners on Kerry and Dublin again. I said I think we're a long way off there.

Few Donegal lads reckon they're a spent force and that they have had a terrible path and it could get worse should they beat Galway.
Then possibly Mayo, Kerry and Dublin.
Anyway, its good to meet so many different fans and see we're not all hated again.
10 Mayo lads though did surround me in a swarm chanting don't foul lads don't foul. Class

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

WT4E

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2015, 10:04:43 AM
Was out in Galway last night wearing the Tyrone No 14 shirt. It's amazing the response people have to it. A lot of people from different parts if the country down for the races.
A lot of Sean Cavanagh jibes and also positive comments and a group of lads started doing the Big Sean shuffle which was funny.
Also loads shouting Dooher and Stevie O'Neill's names towards me and others saying how Dooher was our best player ever.
A few chatting to me said they'd like to see us put manners on Kerry and Dublin again. I said I think we're a long way off there.

Few Donegal lads reckon they're a spent force and that they have had a terrible path and it could get worse should they beat Galway.
Anyway, its good to meet so many different fans and see we're not all hated again.
10 Mayo lads though did surround me in a swarm chanting don't foul lads don't foul. Class

Sounds like there was alot of drink on the scene!  :D

Fuzzman

Interesting how McCarron has become such an important player for us now. Actually the defence is really playing well this year and you can see the emphasis they put on not giving away frees.
A few years ago naming the team was almost like a lottery but 1-9 rarely changes now. I'm particularly happy that McNabb seems to staying injury free (sorry Ronan, kiss if death there) and becoming probably our best defender. The speed he breaks forward at is very impressive and Petey is finally delivering what we all knew he could.

WT4E, of course there was but a lot if different people  have told me that about Dooher, even before they heard I'm a clubmate.

haveaharp

Quote from: PMG1 on July 30, 2015, 10:43:02 PM
Quote from: Sean123rock on July 30, 2015, 03:24:13 PM
I heard today that Cathal McCarron won't be playing!! Can anyone confirm this or this just bull shit ?
Cathal's brother is getting married on Saturday.

Who's doing the video ?

jb81

Surprised to see Brennan in ahead of say Justin Mc'Mahon ( who may not be fully fit though ). Otherwise team almost picks itself, i still think O'Neill is a better keeper. And if i see Morgan going up to hit a free i will be disgusted, he was 0 for 4 ( if not 5 ) against Tipp.

nrico2006

Is Conan Grugan injured or living outside the country?  Or is he just not playing County and playing away with Omagh?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Beantown

I thought Tierney would have been the obvious choice to fill in for McCarron and would like to see McNulty given a go in midfield again. He would free up Mattie a bit more. Safehands should be back in goal but Morgan is very capable too, as long as he stays away from the frees.. But who is to say that if he knocks the first over he could be hitting them all over..As a few have said the team is near picking itself now. Good quality bench when needed..

However this will be a tough game. Yes Mayo won handy the last day but Sligo are better than that and they still put up a decent score line. Tyrone won't be as open as Mayo though.. Tyrone should win but it won't be easy.. Here's hoping for a decent game.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Jinxy

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2015, 10:04:43 AM

Meet any Meath lads, no?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

Loads. They all still seem very distraught about our diving for that peno.