Tyrone v Sligo Sat 1st August 2015 Croke Park - 13 years on

Started by Fuzzman, July 19, 2015, 03:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: Boycey on July 27, 2015, 06:32:20 PM
Any Tyronie coming through Castleblayney on Sat or before that even I've 2 premium level tickets that you can have for the price of 2 stand tickets whatever that is..

No offer for the Donegal lads?

Good man! I knew yis still love us.

Bensars

Quote from: WT4E on July 27, 2015, 06:38:05 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on July 27, 2015, 06:26:03 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 27, 2015, 02:57:34 PM
Quote from: ck on July 27, 2015, 01:36:23 PM
Quote from: WT4E on July 27, 2015, 01:24:22 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 27, 2015, 12:52:09 PM
I always loved the red shorts with the white tops but I just think we look a bit weak or pale in the all white.
Who makes this decisions?
Of course there are so many other factors
http://m.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/a-570918.html

I don't know how true it is but I heard somewhere that they paid someone to tell them that an all white strip was better for some reason stupid like cause it was all white that opponents found it more difficult to tackle them?? lol

You being serious?!

I'm deadly serious - Maybe someone with some inside information can tel us about when and why Tyrone started wearing a non traditional all white strip?

you may well be deadly serious but you're wrong!

I knew there was a good chance that I was wrong but I am interested if anyone knows why Tyrone changed to an all white kit all of a sudden - you seem to be fairly confident that I'm wrong so can you let us know why they did? Cheers!

Tyrone were
I always loved the red shorts with the white tops but I just think we look a bit weak or pale in the all white.

I don't know how true it is but I heard somewhere that they paid someone to tell them that an all white strip was better for some reason stupid like cause it was all white that opponents found it more difficult to tackle them?? lol

You being serious?!

I'm deadly serious - Maybe someone with some inside information can tel us about when and why Tyrone started wearing a non traditional all white strip?

I knew there was a good chance that I was wrong but I am interested if anyone knows why Tyrone changed to an all white kit all of a sudden - you seem to be fairly confident that I'm wrong so can you let us know why they did? Cheers!

You being serious?!

Yer ole hole !

Tyrone were wearing white jersey and shorts in 70s and 80s.

Remember 84 in particular nice white shorts with the three red stripes before they changed to the shiney camel toe ones in 86

omaghjoe

WTF Bensars, sounds like you have personal experience?

Personally after the mauling Derry gave us in 97? I think they shoulda been burned!

I think Mickey might be going for a replication of the heavenly host

Boycey

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 27, 2015, 06:39:41 PM
Any Tyronie coming through Castleblayney on Sat or before that even I've 2 premium level tickets that you can have for the price of 2 stand tickets whatever that is..

Ha! Never even thought of Donegal for some reason, must post on that thread too..

omaghjoe

Quote from: Boycey on July 27, 2015, 07:02:36 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on July 27, 2015, 06:39:41 PM

Ha! Never even thought of Donegal for some reason, must post on that thread too..

Twas a Freudian slip of your penchant for all things Tyrone ;)

reddgnhand

Quote from: Bensars on July 27, 2015, 06:45:52 PM
Who makes this decisionshi

You being serious?!

Tyrone were

You being serious?!

You being serious?!

Yer ole hole !

Tyrone were wearing white jersey and shorts in 70s and 80s.

Remember 84 in particular nice white shorts with the three red stripes before they changed to the shiney camel toe ones in 86

Tyrone wore red shorts in the Ulster final in 84 & 80.

sligoman2

And I thought this was a gas discussion board.  How do I get out of the fashion critique thread and back to reality.

I think I would rather read some Roscommon waffle than this stuff. 

Can I get ye another cosmopolitan lads (straws included)
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

DermyTDredi

Quote from: sligoman2 on July 28, 2015, 02:41:03 AM
And I thought this was a gas discussion board.  How do I get out of the fashion critique thread and back to reality.

I think I would rather read some Roscommon waffle than this stuff. 

Can I get ye another cosmopolitan lads (straws included)

:) :) :) :)

BennyHarp

I'm usually always very optimistic about Tyrones chances of winning games in the build up to the match and try to concentrate on reasons why we should win the game rather than lose it. But as this game gets closer I'm getting a growing feeling of dread. This is more likely due to the 2002 experience but I can't help my mind wandering to reasons why/how we could lose this. Eg. Are we as good as we looked vTipp? Or were they just awful? Is the Limerick and Meath games a closer barometer to where we are at? Can Sligo really be as nieve again? They have a decent manager, surely he won't make the same mistakes again? Sligo have a lot of energy in midfield, they don't win aerial battles but are effective, will this trouble us as we often don't win midfield either? They have decent forwards who, on their day, can do damage. Our forwards have potential but can blow hot and cold, what if we are blowing cold on Saturday? Sligo coming into this game, on the back of a big defeat, have nothing really to lose whereas expectation in Tyrone is slowly beginning to rise - not a good combination of scenarios. No disrespect to Sligo, but what if we take them a bit too lightly (maybe like 2002) and we find ourselves in a dogfight that we can't win.

Make no mistake, this is a potential banana skin for Tyrone, I'd feel much happier if we were wearing red shorts!
That was never a square ball!!

WT4E

I'm too young to remember the all white strip then so - Sorry about that lads. I'll let you's get back to Tyrone Sligo talk! ;D

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

WT4E

Quote from: Jinxy on July 28, 2015, 10:51:09 AM
No, please continue.
This is fascinating.

Well Jinxy I just think that Tyrone are more successful when they wear red shorts - also it helps to hide the blood spilled by dirty Meath fcukers!

Hereiam

Can you pay in on the day. Was gona take the young cub with me.

ONeill

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 28, 2015, 09:02:35 AM
I'm usually always very optimistic about Tyrones chances of winning games in the build up to the match and try to concentrate on reasons why we should win the game rather than lose it. But as this game gets closer I'm getting a growing feeling of dread. This is more likely due to the 2002 experience but I can't help my mind wandering to reasons why/how we could lose this. Eg. Are we as good as we looked vTipp? Or were they just awful? Is the Limerick and Meath games a closer barometer to where we are at? Can Sligo really be as nieve again? They have a decent manager, surely he won't make the same mistakes again? Sligo have a lot of energy in midfield, they don't win aerial battles but are effective, will this trouble us as we often don't win midfield either? They have decent forwards who, on their day, can do damage. Our forwards have potential but can blow hot and cold, what if we are blowing cold on Saturday? Sligo coming into this game, on the back of a big defeat, have nothing really to lose whereas expectation in Tyrone is slowly beginning to rise - not a good combination of scenarios. No disrespect to Sligo, but what if we take them a bit too lightly (maybe like 2002) and we find ourselves in a dogfight that we can't win.

Make no mistake, this is a potential banana skin for Tyrone, I'd feel much happier if we were wearing red shorts!

Also feeling 'the fear'. So much talk about the quarters and Monaghan. It's like 2002 all over again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

shezam

Quote from: Hereiam on July 28, 2015, 11:25:54 AM
Can you pay in on the day. Was gona take the young cub with me.

Tickets are also available from participating Centra / SuperValu stores and  will be available at the venue on the date of the games