Author Topic: Teachers get it handy!  (Read 148646 times)

Angelo

• View Profile
Re: Teachers get it handy!
« Reply #1920 on: May 03, 2019, 07:36:14 AM »
In all seriousness is there another profession that does as much whinging about pay, pay scales, working environment? Serious bit of moaning. Teachers never seem to quit.
They don't have it as bad as they think. It's a good package, inc base salary. Good conditions, dry, inside, warm. Early finishes, guaranteed promotion, good holidays SOME EVEN GET TO GO ON FREE FOREIGN HOLIDAYS!!! SKI TRIP RACKETS!!! The way some are getting on here you'd think they were working in Auschwitz.
Meanwhile I'm knocking my pan in 18 hrs a day, 7 days a week running my own business. No guarantees, no safety net. No one paying my salary. No paid holidays.

Written by someone who has absolutely no idea what he or she is talking about

And you do?

Teachers generally benchmark themselves with a utopian view of work. They have hardly worked if ever in the private sector. They moan and crib about their job but rarely actually follow through in actions.

I have no idea what you are talking about either. However in regards to teaching; I am the son of two teachers, one primary and one secondary and taught secondary science for 11 years so yes, I do have a clue what I am talking about. You in the other hand are making sweeping statements which are often incorrect

How do you have a clue what you are talking about so if you have little work experience outside of teaching?

Iím talking about teaching, which you donít know a thing about. And how do you know what experience I do or do not have outside of teaching?

And I'm saying teachers are only able to benchmark teaching against what their utopian views of what a job should entail, most of them never have nor never will work in the private sector. Teachers share a lot of traits with unionism, they want everything for nothing in return and are willing to bring society to a halt in order to get/preserve that.

My message if very simple to teachers, suck it up or go and find a job that meets your needs - I don't think the latter is a viable option as there are very few jobs out there with the same benefits as teaching. The main issue is that a lot of people choose teaching as a career due to the summers off regardless of whether they are suited to the work or have an interest in it.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: May 03, 2019, 07:46:07 AM »
Honestly lad you need to seek some advice, Iíve never known a trait like this before, hatred of a profession? Is that a thing?

Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

manfromdelmonte

• View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: May 03, 2019, 07:57:44 AM »
they usually got a bad grade, are fuming their work was corrected in red pen or got spurned by a teacher's daughter

or maybe they just didn't work hard enough in school

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: May 03, 2019, 09:56:00 AM »
In all seriousness is there another profession that does as much whinging about pay, pay scales, working environment? Serious bit of moaning. Teachers never seem to quit.
They don't have it as bad as they think. It's a good package, inc base salary. Good conditions, dry, inside, warm. Early finishes, guaranteed promotion, good holidays SOME EVEN GET TO GO ON FREE FOREIGN HOLIDAYS!!! SKI TRIP RACKETS!!! The way some are getting on here you'd think they were working in Auschwitz.
Meanwhile I'm knocking my pan in 18 hrs a day, 7 days a week running my own business. No guarantees, no safety net. No one paying my salary. No paid holidays.

Written by someone who has absolutely no idea what he or she is talking about

And you do?

Teachers generally benchmark themselves with a utopian view of work. They have hardly worked if ever in the private sector. They moan and crib about their job but rarely actually follow through in actions.

I have no idea what you are talking about either. However in regards to teaching; I am the son of two teachers, one primary and one secondary and taught secondary science for 11 years so yes, I do have a clue what I am talking about. You in the other hand are making sweeping statements which are often incorrect

How do you have a clue what you are talking about so if you have little work experience outside of teaching?

Iím talking about teaching, which you donít know a thing about. And how do you know what experience I do or do not have outside of teaching?

And I'm saying teachers are only able to benchmark teaching against what their utopian views of what a job should entail, most of them never have nor never will work in the private sector. Teachers share a lot of traits with unionism, they want everything for nothing in return and are willing to bring society to a halt in order to get/preserve that.

My message if very simple to teachers, suck it up or go and find a job that meets your needs - I don't think the latter is a viable option as there are very few jobs out there with the same benefits as teaching. The main issue is that a lot of people choose teaching as a career due to the summers off regardless of whether they are suited to the work or have an interest in it.

Oh bloody hell. Spoken again like someone who hasnít got a clue what they are talking about. How many teachers do you actually know? How many have to canvassed to find out why they went into teaching?
That message to teachers should be very anyone in any job anywhere

square_ball

• View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: May 03, 2019, 10:16:54 AM »
Angelo is just Il Bomber Destro reborn on the board. Bomber never did like the teachers for whatever reason.