Your first ever football boots

Started by Orior, April 25, 2007, 10:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryano

Bog standard pair of Puma's first, think it was addidas after that. Wore Puma Kings religiously from Minor upwards until i got fat and lazy. I'd get breathless now and have a minor stroke just pulling them on and lacing them up.....

gawa316

Pair of Hummel moldies. They had  about 57 studs on each boot

neutral

My first pair of boots were black leather but far too big for me.

full back

johnneycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 25, 2007, 10:38:33 AM
A pair of Spectre Boots which looked like Addidas World Cup followed closely by a pair of Dunlop with garish yellow symbols on them.  Would have been about 1982, around the time that Norn Iron were in the World Cup and I was pretending to be Gerry Armstrong :P

Was it the Spectre boots that had the 4 stripes instead of three, if that's the case they were my first pair as well.

They got the dubbin and newspaper treatment every night after use.

P.S was in JJB sports recently and bought a pair of boots for the niece, they were totally synthetic but that didn't stop the sales assistant trying to fob off a tin of dobbin to me as well, fuckin bollocks.

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: johnneycool on April 25, 2007, 02:39:14 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 25, 2007, 10:38:33 AM
A pair of Spectre Boots which looked like Addidas World Cup followed closely by a pair of Dunlop with garish yellow symbols on them.  Would have been about 1982, around the time that Norn Iron were in the World Cup and I was pretending to be Gerry Armstrong :P

Was it the Spectre boots that had the 4 stripes instead of three, if that's the case they were my first pair as well.

They got the dubbin and newspaper treatment every night after use.

P.S was in JJB sports recently and bought a pair of boots for the niece, they were totally synthetic but that didn't stop the sales assistant trying to fob off a tin of dobbin to me as well, fuckin bollocks.

That must be standard practice in JJB shops. They are always at that caper.

5 Sams

First pair of boots were a pair of the legendary Mitre with a big bright orange "M" on them. I thought they were the dogs bollix.

I progressed to Adidas...the standard black with 3 stripes and used to polish them religiously before every game...until one night we had run out of black polish and I decided to use brown instead and the white stripes ended up pink :o :o Talk about embarrassment :-[
The Aristocrat Years

thejuice

i think mine were Hi-Tec, but we hung on to my brothers first football boots, they're tiny yokes, would fit in the palm of your hand
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Square Ball

mine were either black and white gola ones or the Co-ops own brand, either way I was still crap.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Kerry Mike

Started in the bare feet, posh feckers with yere boots.

Had Blackthorn boots I think first they were as hard as a rock and would blister the soles of your feet. so I used to do the BAbs keating on it and feck them off. Puma were next up then and a pair of Litbarski Addias which were a grand boot until i burst the toe on one of them. Stayed on Adidas with screw in studs and finished my career on a cheap pair of Adidas yokes with moulded studs, they still get a run out once or twice a year
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

imtommygunn

First boots patrick followed by a pair of golas followed by a pair of mitres.

Ah, the memories.

Mentalman

Like KM Litbarski Addias, although I think I might have had a really bad pair of tesco type efforts just before that....
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

AZOffaly

Me too Mentalman, I think my first pair was the Littbarski Adidas boots, although I do have a vague recollection of a pair of Patrick Kevin Keegan (I think) boots.

Mayo4Sam

I had a pair of Gola, do they still make them?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Longfordian

The auld fella bought me a pair of patrick boots ... wore various boots from adidas to a pair of Musino (sp) boots which had the Juve symbol on the back .....bought a pair of puma kings when I was 19 ....havent changed since !