Your first ever football boots

Started by Orior, April 25, 2007, 10:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Who remembers their first ever football boots?

I remember scouring over my mothers Freemans Catalogue (steering clear of the ladies underwear section of course) and there being a choice of about 3 pairs of boots.

When I got them I wore them constantly for a week, and I was the best player in the world (against my sisters anyway).
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Great Leap Forward

Adidas Modena. I bought them a week before the 86 World Cup.

I broke my foot two days later so it was a while before I got the value out of them.

Spiritof98

1ST pair was a set of Patrick boots, legendary
I'll go back if Marsdens back

brokencrossbar1

A pair of Spectre Boots which looked like Addidas World Cup followed closely by a pair of Dunlop with garish yellow symbols on them.  Would have been about 1982, around the time that Norn Iron were in the World Cup and I was pretending to be Gerry Armstrong :P

Bensars

full back

Pair of black boots with the Celtic logo on the side of them. Dont even think there was a name on them. Stylish as fcuk, lasted about 2 weeks

Great Leap Forward

Patricks were some boyos.

Are they still about? I know our Goalkeeper had a pair of Patrick Rugby boots for about 15 years.

Whitehair

Mitre, dont know if they make them anymore either. My stand out boots were when the different coloured boots phase came out, i had red asics! 8)

Captain Scarlet

Hi-tec, my brothers old pair. they had purple on them :-\
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

rosnarun

my older brother's molded (cheap plastic)studs  GOLA boots i had to lose them to get a new pair an manly pair of  Big toed Blackthorn
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ultachna

mitre mouldies out of woolworths, myself and the brother got the same pair,think they were 7 quid each!

haze

a pair of gola's, it took me 7 years of messing before i discovered puma kings

hitzelsperger

first pair i think were black and yellow Gola mouldies, wore them everywhere, including mass one night, got a pair of nikes with fold down tongue a la ian wright, i was the dogs balls for a few weeks with them on!

westmayo

Black Adidas ones, hand me downs from a cousin. Had them for years, remeber one day I got them mixed up with another young lads and had to play for a month with two left boots.

lurganblue

gola were my first ones too.

i remember pestering my ma to buy me a pair of Adidas preditor when i was a wee lad. when i finally got them (after months of nagging) i realised that they were pure manure. never bought another pair. tripe!  >:(