An Iarmhí v Fear Manach

Started by Croí na hÉireann, July 13, 2015, 05:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

ONeill

No word of gay abandon this year.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: Syferus on July 25, 2015, 02:15:14 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 25, 2015, 02:04:21 PM
I'll be the fella in the Mayo top and hoodie at this game. 8) It will be a tight game surely. Fermanagh can win but they will have to play well for the full 70, unlike the last 10 the last day.

Last five. If Quigley had any accuracy in the first half we'd have been gone earlier. And I don't think Westmeath are any better than a patched up Roscommon team and even might be noticeably poorer. Fermanagh should have too much for them with Heslin out and win with a few points to spare.

Thst said, we should have beat Fermaangh with a few points to spare too..

You're welcome.

Zulu

Surprised at how easily Fermanagh have ended up winning this. Westmeath looked the better team for good portions of the first half but they've been dreadful in the second half. Can't see them go any further mind you.

Rossfan

Well done Fermanagh but jases the amount of wides from both teams.
Lovely goal though.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Well done Fermanagh. Kerry next up?

Captain Obvious

I know Pete McGrath predicted August football for his side after the Ulster defeat to Monaghan however Fermanagh have now exceeded expectations to reach the All Ireland quarter final well done to them and i hope they give a good account of themselves against Kerry.

twohands!!!

Westmeath kicked at least 6 balls straight into the Fermanagh keeper's hands - when you consider they kicked about 8 into Cluxton's hands in the Dublin game, you really have to ask questions.

general_lee

Fair play Fermanagh, but God Westmeath had no fight about them. They looked exhausted.

An exhibition by Tomas Corrigan, no mean feat considering Quigley wasn't at the races. Penalty call was 50/50, obviously Paudie's last decision in Cork/Kerry was dwelling in the back of his mind. He could have easily given it but Corrigan did go down very easily.

Fermanagh are very refreshing in how they attack in ones and twos, adapted well when the long ball into ff wasn't working. Hope they give it a good lash v Kerry.

twohands!!!

Quote from: general_lee on July 25, 2015, 06:41:42 PM
Fair play Fermanagh, but God Westmeath had no fight about them. They looked exhausted.

An exhibition by Tomas Corrigan, no mean feat considering Quigley wasn't at the races. Penalty call was 50/50, obviously Paudie's last decision in Cork/Kerry was dwelling in the back of his mind. He could have easily given it but Corrigan did go down very easily.

Fermanagh are very refreshing in how they attack in ones and twos, adapted well when the long ball into ff wasn't working. Hope they give it a good lash v Kerry.

I thought Corrigan was fairly unlucky not to get MOTM.  Watching it I was hoping Fermanagh would win from early on, as I could see them at least having a cut off Kerry - I could have seen Kerry's midfield take Westmeath to the cleaners and I would have feared Westmeath would have taken the same approach they took against Dublin (damage limitation) which would have odds on lead to a very poor spectacle . Fermanagh will need to improve their discipline and their shooting but on both you'd think that the odds are they can't do as badly as they did today. Also their pacy running out of defence could well cause Kerry trouble depending on who Kerry have playing in the half-forward line.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Decent 2nd half by Fermanagh, but Westmeath were shambolic.

See you in Croker Erne men (& women).
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on July 25, 2015, 06:56:52 PM
Decent 2nd half by Fermanagh, but Westmeath were shambolic.

See you in Croker Erne men (& women).

Not giving Kildare much hope are you!!

orangeman

Well done Fermanagh.

Take a bow Pete and everyone connected with the win.

general_lee

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 25, 2015, 06:49:41 PM
Quote from: general_lee on July 25, 2015, 06:41:42 PM

I thought Corrigan was fairly unlucky not to get MOTM.  Watching it I was hoping Fermanagh would win from early on, as I could see them at least having a cut off Kerry - I could have seen Kerry's midfield take Westmeath to the cleaners and I would have feared Westmeath would have taken the same approach they took against Dublin (damage limitation) which would have odds on lead to a very poor spectacle . Fermanagh will need to improve their discipline and their shooting but on both you'd think that the odds are they can't do as badly as they did today. Also their pacy running out of defence could well cause Kerry trouble depending on who Kerry have playing in the half-forward line.
Yes Corrigan was my MOTM also. Fermanagh are in real bonus territory now. They have a good experienced manager so in terms of playing in a big game in August they'll be well prepared. They'll be well gee'd up but whether they can cope with the Kerry attack remains to be seen. It is also unlikely that Quigley's shooting will be as bad again.  that said he got one sublime score and was involved in a lot of build up play, should give Kerry plenty to think about.

5 Sams

Great result. Shades of Páidí Sé and Westmeath..getting the most out of limited resources. Come home Pete!!
The Aristocrat Years