Kildare v Cork July 25th Semple Stadium 7pm

Started by Dinny Breen, July 13, 2015, 09:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

This will probably be played in Thurles, not a happy venue apart from a league win over Tipp a few years ago and the Trip to Tipp in 90 and 91, our knock-out record here is not great. Kerry beat us in the qualifiers in 2002 with a Brosnan wonder goal the highlight, Kerry beat us in u21 AI final in 2008, Tommy Walsh being the destroyer and last year in the minor AI quarter final beaten again by Kerry. Jesus hopefully the game will be against Cork.

The reward if Kildare win a quarter-final away to Dublin or a quarter-final at a neutral venue against Cork/Kerry. Sure if you're not in the game you can't win.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Kildare never play well against coastal counties.
#newbridgeornowhere

twohands!!!

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 13, 2015, 09:06:53 AM
Said Brosnan goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iavcYB89AQ

I remember hearing about a bunch of Kerry lads from Killarney who made a mint backing Brosnan as any-time goal scorer during his forward years with Kerry with the bookies. Seems like it took an age for the bookies to twig what a goal threat he was.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 13, 2015, 09:09:12 AM
Kildare never play well against coastal counties.

Pity there is such a high number of coastal counties in Ireland.

Kildare will be up against it in the game - I don't think the 6 day turn around will help all that much but I do think Kildare would have a better chance with Cork.

County Man

I expect either Cork/Kerry to win this one.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

County Man

Will be Cork v Kildare. Thurles. Cork have too many good footballers to slip up against Kildare.

Donnellys Hollow

Happy with that draw. The odds are it'll be the end of the line but I think Kildare will give a much better account of themselves then they did in the Dublin game.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Ohtoohtobe

If we assume Dublin will win their AI quarter, then Kildare's next three games are Cork, Kerry, Dublin or Kerry, Cork, Dublin.
I'm fine with that but worried three tricky games might take it out of us ahead of the final.

Ohtoohtobe

Acutally I'm wrong, amn't I, in that the Munster champions are on the same side as the Ulster champions?

Making our likely path to Sam Cork, Kerry, Donegal, Dublin.

Perfect.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 14, 2015, 04:33:44 AM
Acutally I'm wrong, amn't I, in that the Munster champions are on the same side as the Ulster champions?

Making our likely path to Sam Cork, Kerry, Donegal, Dublin.

Perfect.

I'd be worried about complacency when we get to the final. Would be like 98 when we knocked Dublin(95), Meath (96) and Kerry (97) out in a row. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 14, 2015, 12:04:59 PM
Who do we play in the Goal Challenge?

Our minors, probably the 2nd best team in Ireland.
#newbridgeornowhere

blanketattack

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on July 14, 2015, 01:51:38 AM
If we assume Dublin will win their AI quarter, then Kildare's next three games are Cork, Kerry, Dublin or Kerry, Cork, Dublin.
I'm fine with that but worried three tricky games might take it out of us ahead of the final.

I thought Dublin's 1/4 final is vs the winner of Kildare/Munster runner up?