Tipp v Tyrone 18/07/15 Thurles

Started by omagh_gael, July 13, 2015, 08:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2015, 11:32:30 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on July 13, 2015, 11:14:56 AM
Mark Bradley's performance yesterday reminded me a lot of Brian Dooher. He also looked our most dangerous scoring threat. Will we continue to see him in a roving role our might Mickey throw him inside to feed off Sean?

He reminded me more of Penrose in his prime, scurrying around the field without a finger laid on him.

Whilst not deluding myself into thinking this vintage is anything like 2008, the gradual increase in quality of opponent has been ideal so far like it was back then.

Penrose comparison is valid, however, I think Bradley's ability in front of the sticks puts him in Dooher territory. All irrelevant in the greater scheme anyway!

Interestingly we met Westmeath at the same stage in 08 and in almost identical circumstances to Joey Wallace's effort (although at the other end of the pitch) Dessie Dolan slipped a slider inches wide of the goal that would have dumped us out on our red arses. .

That's it, I'm away to the bookies to fire the mortgage on a red hand all Ireland!

ONeill

Would you be talking about a 90 min drive from Dub to Thurles?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Stick another 15 minutes on that and you're there or thereabouts.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tippabu

Throw ball

Feel this should be a close one. How Tipp cope with the Tyrone defensive shield will determine their chances. Tyrone may struggle to get scores with their lack of forward options. Goals could decide the outcome.

Fuzzman

Meath came to Omagh with quite a well organised defensive system and it was beating us at our own game in the first half despite them not scoring until the 28th minute.
If Tipp think they can win playing gung ho open football I think they're gonna get frustrated and loss the head.
If Tyrone can get back the level of performance v Donegal I think we could get to a quarterfinal as long as we avoid Cork or Kerry.
However, Tipp away is a huge challenge now and with their extra motivation after the U21 final it could just Tipp it.
I wonder will Justy probably miss it again as his hamstrings are back at him I heard after Limerick game.
McAliskey will be itching to prove himself all over again so could be him or McCurry to start with Bradley surely a shoe in now.

skeog

tyrone will have to much for tipp good draw sligo or monaghan then to get to last eight i would think

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: skeog on July 13, 2015, 09:12:10 PM
tyrone will have to much for tipp good draw sligo or monaghan then to get to last eight i would think

Handy enough then so, is there much point in goin down at all?

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

That's the hipster ref. seems decent in fairness, but as a meathman he is honour bound to ride ye.

omaghjoe

Meath still owe us big style on the referee front

Throw ball

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 13, 2015, 10:43:33 PM
David Gough of Meath to ref.

Has the potential to be a good referee but was dreadfully inconsistent in Armagh v Galway game. Still learning his trade and a big match for him.

EireOg1

It would be better for football if Tipp won this.

Redhand Santa

This is a very good draw for us (not to be confused with an easy draw). It gets the team out of omagh and away for the weekend. Bit of needle after the u21s should focus the minds. Tipp are a decent team who could well beat us if we don't play to our potential.

As teams often do we've struggled through the first few rounds. Now we need to start lifting it and playing for closer to 70 mins. I've no problem with us getting men behind the ball but we must break out better and also learn to adopt and push up at times in the game. Meath were there for the taking in the first 20 mins on sat and we sat back and missed the opportunity.

I'm hoping things will start to click from this week and the games will start bringing boys on. If they deliver on Saturday we should win and have a bit of momentum behind us. We do need to start getting a settled team now.

ONeill

No point in predicting who Mickey will name on Thursday as there'll be a couple of changes anyway. Is Clarke nearing fitness? Midfield still unsettled. By some accounts it's a strong area for Tipp.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.