Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

1forward against little Fermanagh >:(
11 men arsin about in the half back area not tackling anyone or picking men up
Midfield wiped
No support for the man carrying the ball
No one making runs into the half acre of space
A full back knocking the ball out of the goalies hands for an OP
One more a team looking like they'd only met half hour before the game....
Only for Quigley hutting 7 or 8 wides...
Bad bad day.
P s well done Fermanagh - well deserved.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Well done Fermanagh. Great comeback.

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on July 12, 2015, 08:43:41 PM
1forward against little Fermanagh >:(
11 men arsin about in the half back area not tackling anyone or picking men up
Midfield wiped
No support for the man carrying the ball
No one making runs into the half acre of space
A full back knocking the ball out of the goalies hands for an OP
One more a team looking like they'd only met half hour before the game....
Only for Quigley hutting 7 or 8 wides...
Bad bad day.
P s well done Fermanagh - well deserved.

Little Fermanagh?

I think most Ulster teams have learned that a Fermanagh always give tough spirited displays.

Put Up That Flag

Fermanagh ye were lucky,  had Roscommon the right studs in then it would be over after 10 minutes,  thats the only reason Roscommon lose, right!?

FermPundit

Ger Treacy's commentary in the final moments is superb! A proud Fermanagh man trying to remain impartial! Have a listen on the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/33501299

Great comeback from Fermanagh. Roscommon tried to run the clock down when they had the match won, but fair play to the boys for battling to the end. The sideline point from Tomas Corrigan was just brilliant. This has been a very positive year. Promotion to Division 2 and still in the championship in late July. Pete McGrath is working wonders with this young squad. I have to say the Roscommon supporters were very gracious in defeat. Good conversation with them throughout the game too. I hope the draw is kind to us tomorrow and we avoid Cork and Kerry!
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

babarino

Hats off for Fermanagh.

I didn't see that one coming.

False dawn for Roscommon (and Armagh.)

tippabu

Things seem to be the exact same for roscommon under Evans as it did for tipp, he was absolutely brilliant for a couple of years and would be greatful to him but his stay lasted too long. Like with us after doing so much in his first couple of years it's hard to make the change but I think for roscommon a change would be for the better

FermGael

What a game.  What a result from a team that just didn't give up. What at atmosphere. Fortress Brewster is back. 

First of all fair play to the Roscommon supporters.  Sitting beside some real characters and I really did feel for them. 
Cathal Cregg is an absolute machine and a Rolls Royce of a footballer.

That brought all the memories of 03 and 04 flooding back.
Completely different performance that those days though as we were never really in the game until injury time.

We dominated around the middle and break balls. Once we pushed up and  we forced Roscommon to kick the ball long we won most of the ball around the middle. Shine did not look fit and did not look comfortable in the midfield role.
But we were very wasteful especially in the first half.  Much too ponderous on the ball and we did not attach in waves.  Kept turning back and moving the ball much too slowly.  Sean had an off day with the frees but it was great to see Tomas Corrigan stepping up and taking over.  His point from the sideline ball on the 21 to equalise was unbelievable.
The introduction of Ruairi Corrigan in the second half really helped our forward unit.  He drove the team forward and Roscommon troubled to contain him. 
Still we were 6 points down until the penalty which Sean finished well.  Roscommon responded immediately with 2 quick points to leave 5 between the teams with about 8 minutes to go.  At the stage it looked like the game was over but we hit 6 huge points in a row.
A massive achievement for this Fermanagh team with such a young panel of players.  We are certainly not a one man band and our bench today made a real impact.  Outside of McCluskey and Cassidy, we have nobody over 30.
Our fitness today was excellent and in Peter McGrath we have a manager who is doing it for nothing more than the love of he game. The man is a Down legend and will be a Fermanagh one by the time he is finished.  An absolute gentleman.
Don't care who we get in the next round.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Shrewdness

Devastating defeat for Roscommon. Will write more when i get a chance, but i just want to say a big congrats to Fermanagh for winning, and for their never say die attitude. I've never met a nicer bunch of Gaa followers than i met in Enniskillen today.. Even at half time when they were 5 points down..

Syferus

Total class act. They genuinely felt for us because of the manner of the loss. Brewster is a lovely little ground too.

ballinaman

Rossies rhode by Reilly repeatedly

giveballaghback

Fair play and congrats to fermanagh, they were the better team on the day, did not deserve to be 5 points down at ht and kept going to the final whistle, their supporters were just great and a credit to their county.
Tonight is not a night for sweeping statements and we have a long summer autumn and a very long winter to ponder on the happenings of the last 3 weeks, when the dust settles we can look at our quandary.
Thanks to the team and management for all the enjoyment ye have given us this year. Rossie forever,

Itchy

From the highlights the peno was a joke but Ros got two points right after so they were in control, only themselves to blame if you let in 6 points in 7/8 minutes.

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on July 12, 2015, 11:37:09 PM
Rossies rhode by Reilly repeatedly

Quigley missed a mountain of frees in the first half. Maybe Reilly was shite. But he wasn't the real reason we lost.

GrandMasterFlash

Comhghairdeas Fear Manach!