Longford v Kildare AI SFQ

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 06, 2015, 09:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

5,400 at Kildare v Offaly. Probably a 60:40 split in favour of Kildare. Expect Kildare to bring our usual die-hard 4k, Longford should be able to match that hence 8k is on the limit and would involve all-ticket. Logistically probably makes sense to go with Mullingar and considering they brought us to Portlaoise one year to play Limerick they have previous in these matters.

#newbridgeornowhere

macdanger2

Anything to be said for having it in the Gaelic Grounds?  ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2015, 02:20:51 PM
5,400 at Kildare v Offaly. Probably a 60:40 split in favour of Kildare. Expect Kildare to bring our usual die-hard 4k, Longford should be able to match that hence 8k is on the limit and would involve all-ticket. Logistically probably makes sense to go with Mullingar and considering they brought us to Portlaoise one year to play Limerick they have previous in these matters.

I thought it would be Tullamore. Not like we need it.

Sidney

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 06, 2015, 02:13:37 PM
Quote from: Sidney on July 06, 2015, 01:28:46 PM
Quote from: panc56 on July 06, 2015, 01:22:18 PM
Kildare Offaly only had 5000, can't understand us not at least pushing for a home tie.
Looked a lot smaller than 5,000.

Kildare's "massive travelling support" certainly wasn't in evidence, anyway.

If capacity is 8,000, Longford should certainly be pushing for a home tie.

Mullingar only holds 11,000, sod all difference.
I'd love to know where the 11k in Mullingar fits in.
There's a four-tier stand behind one of the goals which doubles as the cereal shelves for the Dunnes Stores there.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Sidney on July 06, 2015, 02:51:54 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 06, 2015, 02:13:37 PM
Quote from: Sidney on July 06, 2015, 01:28:46 PM
Quote from: panc56 on July 06, 2015, 01:22:18 PM
Kildare Offaly only had 5000, can't understand us not at least pushing for a home tie.
Looked a lot smaller than 5,000.

Kildare's "massive travelling support" certainly wasn't in evidence, anyway.

If capacity is 8,000, Longford should certainly be pushing for a home tie.

Mullingar only holds 11,000, sod all difference.
I'd love to know where the 11k in Mullingar fits in.
There's a four-tier stand behind one of the goals which doubles as the cereal shelves for the Dunnes Stores there.
Go there and hear a computer voice shouting "unexpected item in the bagging area" for the afternoon!

Shamrock Shore

LOL lads but FFS don't be dissing Cusack Park else you'll have Croí in here shoutin-and-roarin.

We'll bate Kildare anywhere - it's just handier for them and their 4be4s to make the early escape when they are parked on the Sligo Rd on the bypass in Longford as opposed to clogging up Dunnes' carpark so it's Kildare followers I feel sorry for.

Mullingar is easy-peasy. Shur me Auld Lad used to cycle to it in the olden days in the 1940s and 50s when it hosted some mightly clashes between Longford and the likes of Meath and Dublin.

;)

Croí na hÉireann

Have fun getting out of Dunnes Stores car park after the game SS  :-*
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 06, 2015, 04:21:48 PM

Best place to park Croí? Looking for a quick exit home post match! Normally travel to Mullingar via motorway but via Rhode would be an option.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2015, 04:28:28 PM

Best place to park Croí? Looking for a quick exit home post match! Normally travel to Mullingar via motorway but via Rhode would be an option.

Stop rubbing it in you bastard!

AZOffaly

You could go via Rochfortbridge alright. You could park up near the courthouse and walk up the main street and up past the lake county.

Croí na hÉireann

Take the motorway and take the second exit for Mullingar signposted Delvin. Left at the top of the slip road and pass by St. Lomans Hospital on your right hand side. If you have a match car like myself that you're not overly bothered about take the fourth road into the housing estate on your right (if you see the canal you've gone too far). Springfield (the housing estate) is working class but I've never had a problem. Keep going straight until the end of the road and turn left. This will bring you to a cul de sac and park up on the grass there. Head to Cusack Park via the tunnel under the canal. If you're bringing the 4x4 there is a free car park on your left as you're driving in to town, just after the car park for St. Paul's Church. Definitely stick to that side of the canal as opposed to parking outside Cusack Park as Saturday is busy in Mullingar. Shamrocks will probably be open in Springfield either, shark might be able to verify.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 06, 2015, 04:52:36 PM

Take the motorway and take the second exit for Mullingar signposted Delvin. Left at the top of the slip road and pass by St. Lomans Hospital on your right hand side. If you have a match car like myself that you're not overly bothered about take the fourth road into the housing estate on your right (if you see the canal you've gone too far). Springfield (the housing estate) is working class but I've never had a problem. Keep going straight until the end of the road and turn left. This will bring you to a cul de sac and park up on the grass there. Head to Cusack Park via the tunnel under the canal. If you're bringing the 4x4 there is a free car park on your left as you're driving in to town, just after the car park for St. Paul's Church. Definitely stick to that side of the canal as opposed to parking outside Cusack Park as Saturday is busy in Mullingar. Shamrocks will probably be open in Springfield either, shark might be able to verify.

Cheers AZ, Croí I'll bring the Audi runabout so and park up in Springfield.
#newbridgeornowhere

manfromdelmonte

Best place to park?
Beside Mullingar Shamrocks
Walk under the canal and you are right at the ground.
After the game straight out the Delvin road and you're onto the M4

AZOffaly

Jaysus lads, Springfield and Dalton Park? They'll burn the 4x4 to the wheels.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2015, 05:14:38 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 06, 2015, 04:52:36 PM

Cheers AZ, Croí I'll bring the Audi runabout so and park up in Springfield.

The R8 is a nice car alright  :P

You'll be taking the Springfield Cottages road there from the map and parking down where the Brosna meets the canal. In and out like nobodies business.