stone the crows

Started by maddog, April 24, 2007, 04:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

She's never had a feed of Guinness so :-[
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Billys Boots

Larry David's missus has to be taking the piss.   :D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Orior

That's all fine and dandy, but it won't work in Tyrone where they are all big shites.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

So now we know why she split up with Lance Armstrong. She saw what he was putting into the water table via his urine.

Gnevin

This is what pisses me off about green politics . Governments and Big names expect us all to change and then do f**k all themselves .I mean look at the power of one campaign.

Even if this was ultra successful and 50% turned off every light when they left a room its still not as effective as the levy (10 years to late) which they are now planning which should see the majority of the country using bulbs that use 10-20% of the power of standard bulbs

TV, DVD's etc. use 20%-50% power , simply mandate the producers to make tv's etc that power them self off after being in standby for 20 minutes.

This battle  to save the environment will not be won by won by getting the people who care about this stuff to break their balls living in cold dark house's .  The government can't change the behaviour of people who like my dad turn on a light when entering a room, more out of habit than out of though

Or banning on any appliance with a rating less than C. 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Great Leap Forward

She has obviously never worked in a job were a good shite is the highlight of your day!

magpie seanie

When you eat nothing but a leaf of lettuce a day you probably don't shite too often.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Gnevin on April 25, 2007, 10:10:50 AM
Even if this was ultra successful and 50% turned off every light when they left a room its still not as effective as the levy (10 years to late) which they are now planning which should see the majority of the country using bulbs that use 10-20% of the power of standard bulbs

TV, DVD's etc. use 20%-50% power , simply mandate the producers to make tv's etc that power them self off after being in standby for 20 minutes.

fuuny enough Dragons Den recently had some bloke son who were producing plug blocks that minimised the amount of power a device in standby would use, every single Dragon bought in becasue they lads apparently had a patent on it, and said that the technology could easily be built into Tvs etc.

Shouldnt they also be putting Energy Saving lights in street lamps etc, and/or make them heat sensitive  or pressure sensitive (ie a car driving over aplate) in certain areas? whats the point of lighting the street constantly in a residential area between midnight and 6 am?
many small gestures can lead to bigger things.

Prob is all the energy we may save is only a mere fraction of whats being wasted by the likes of China and the USA. Didnt they reckon the if everyone in the uk changed their ways it would only affect about 2% of the levels?

Whos going to force the big twos hands on it?
Its Grim up North

Gnevin

Quote from: An Fear Rua on April 25, 2007, 12:00:22 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on April 25, 2007, 10:10:50 AM

fuuny enough Dragons Den recently had some bloke son who were producing plug blocks that minimised the amount of power a device in standby would use, every single Dragon bought in becasue they lads apparently had a patent on it, and said that the technology could easily be built into Tvs etc.

Shouldnt they also be putting Energy Saving lights in street lamps etc, and/or make them heat sensitive  or pressure sensitive (ie a car driving over aplate) in certain areas? whats the point of lighting the street constantly in a residential area between midnight and 6 am?
many small gestures can lead to bigger things.

Prob is all the energy we may save is only a mere fraction of whats being wasted by the likes of China and the USA. Didnt they reckon the if everyone in the uk changed their ways it would only affect about 2% of the levels?

Whos going to force the big twos hands on it?
These technologies save energy and so are cheaper to run the problem is with the cost of the but as see wit the Energy saving light etc once the ball starts rolling economic come into play and the cost drops . The US can be won on costs 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

lawnseed

lead ballon. who cares about the planet anyway. always good to see what thread is just about to go down the bog
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

The Iceman

Who can use 1 square to wipe their arse - for goodness sake I've heard it all.
I had a bad dose of the runs all weekend and i easily went through 3 rolls.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Iceman on February 15, 2011, 06:18:40 PM
or three or four! I wonder what state her arse is in.

If I go in public I use half a roll just to wipe down the toilet seat (before I start)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

CiKe

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 15, 2011, 07:13:28 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on February 15, 2011, 06:18:40 PM
or three or four! I wonder what state her arse is in.

If I go in public I use half a roll just to wipe down the toilet seat (before I start)

+1 but still practice the squat, the wipe down before is just in case I brush against it! Thing that really gets me though is in work. We have loads of urinals, but still, when you go to the cubicle invariably some dirty bugger has pished all over the seat...

Aerlik

Quote from: An Fear Rua on April 25, 2007, 12:00:22 PM
Shouldnt they also be putting Energy Saving lights in street lamps etc, and/or make them heat sensitive  or pressure sensitive (ie a car driving over aplate) in certain areas? whats the point of lighting the street constantly in a residential area between midnight and 6 am? many small gestures can lead to bigger things.

Simple.  It is more secure and less crime gets committed in such areas, therefore reducing knock-on costs.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!