Monaghan V Donegal Ulster Final

Started by J70, June 27, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Some great performances by Monaghan players, But I haven't seen Vinny Corey give such a relentless performance throughout a whole game,  running with the ball, tackling and after all that effort he was the cool head managing the time in the crucial last 5 minutes.

StephenC

Hearty congratulations to Monaghan. Kingpins of Ulster and without a doubt they have the voodoo sign over us. Would have been undeserved if we had nicked a draw

Extremely disappointed with our performance. We looked as if we were surprised that Murphy and Gallagher were so closely marked. Noticeable that none of our lads seemed to want the ball when the draw was they for the taking at the end. Lots of questions about leadership to be answered.

Wildweasel74

Donegal need to play Murphy Full forward and keep him there, thats where he dangerous,

CD

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 19, 2015, 05:20:15 PM
Donegal need to play Murphy Full forward and keep him there, thats where he dangerous,
Look at the damage O'Shea is doing against (an admittedly dire) Sligo in that position. Murphy would easily occupy 2 men in there.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

straightred

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 19, 2015, 03:35:11 PM
Jez, I think the last McB effort was a point!

I was behind that goal and I'm pretty sure it was wide alright. There was another one over the same post given earlier in the half as a point that looked wide from my position but we'll never know.

On the whole I think Monaghan just about deserved it but Donegal must be kicking themselves for the bad shooting.

A word on the carry on by one mcgee on mcmanus and to a lessor extent the other one on hughes. It was incessant abuse and is a real blight on the game. When the ref finally decided to intervene he books mcmanus as well - the usual cop out we see from refs week in week out.

Sidney

Great win for Monaghan but given the way they ran out of steam in the last 15-20 minutes, I'd worry a little for them if they come up against Kerry in the semi-final.

Another wonderful provincial final occasion and it just shows what madness it would be to do away with them.

Whitnail

wides, wides, wides

congrats Monaghan

SouthDublinBro

Dire game, par for the course for games involving these two sides.

Donegal choked hard. They lost to an old team who are simply not championsip material. A Dublin, Mayo or Kerry would have smashed Monaghan today. Donegal missed at least 10 EASY scores.

Wildweasel74

The total roasting McManus give McGee you think he keep his mouth shut!

screenexile

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 19, 2015, 06:46:08 PM
Dire game, par for the course for games involving these two sides.

Donegal choked hard. They lost to an old team who are simply not championsip material. A Dublin, Mayo or Kerry would have smashed Monaghan today. Donegal missed at least 10 EASY scores.

What drivel!!

clarshack

useless fact but i think the 2015 provincial winners are same as those exactly 30 years ago in 1985. if i'm not mistaken monaghan took kerry to a replay in the semis that year and a mayo player scored a cracking goal against the dubs.

Sidney

Quote from: clarshack on July 19, 2015, 07:42:58 PM
useless fact but i think the 2015 provincial winners are same as those exactly 30 years ago in 1985. if i'm not mistaken monaghan took kerry to a replay in the semis that year and a mayo player scored a cracking goal against the dubs.
Another useless fact: in both 1955 and 1985 both All-Ireland semi-finals finished in draws and Kerry beat Dublin in the final. It's a Back To The Future thing, I think.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Sidney on July 19, 2015, 05:42:17 PM
Great win for Monaghan but given the way they ran out of steam in the last 15-20 minutes, I'd worry a little for them if they come up against Kerry in the semi-final.
I'd worry a little for them if they come up against Tyrone in the quarter-final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

clarshack

Quote from: Sidney on July 19, 2015, 07:47:39 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 19, 2015, 07:42:58 PM
Another useless fact: in both 1955 and 1985 both All-Ireland semi-finals finished in draws and Kerry beat Dublin in the final. It's a Back To The Future thing, I think.

ironically the Back To The Future reunion is being held this weekend in London lol.