Monaghan V Donegal Ulster Final

Started by J70, June 27, 2015, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: donegal lad on July 14, 2015, 02:00:35 PM
No tickets available online ATM so seems we on our way to a complete sell out. I don't think Gallagher has started the team named in any of the games so far in the championship making at least 1 change each game

Different stories going about up here on mcbrearty some saying he struggling others (including Rory Gallagher) saying the injury wasn't as bad as first thought and he be fit for the final

Maybe the two managers will play McBrearty and Drew Wylie and see which one lasts the furtherest. Spice it up a bit.

babarino

Monaghan will not get caught out like last year. Before that game not many of us witnessed a defeat to Donegal, so complacency was definitely a factor in the flat performance.

For their part Donegal won't take us for granted, but we all know they expect to leave Clones with the cup.

It's a bit far out to be accurate, but the weather mightn't be a 'terra' on Sunday. This would suit us nicely.

charlie linkbox

Different stories going about up here on mcbrearty some saying he struggling others (including Rory Gallagher) saying the injury wasn't as bad as first thought and he be fit for the final

I say we let Gollogly clatter into him early on and we'll soon see if he's fit or not!!!

J70

Quote from: babarino on July 14, 2015, 05:23:01 PM
Monaghan will not get caught out like last year. Before that game not many of us witnessed a defeat to Donegal, so complacency was definitely a factor in the flat performance.

For their part Donegal won't take us for granted, but we all know they expect to leave Clones with the cup.

It's a bit far out to be accurate, but the weather mightn't be a 'terra' on Sunday. This would suit us nicely.

Still haven't got me feckin' tickets and I don't want to end up in the Blueshirt (Eoghan O'Duffy) stand like last year. Any help by private message would be great. Family ticket ideally - 2 adults, 3 children.

Donegal WON'T take you for granted, but we EXPECT to win?

What is that based on?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Bingo on July 14, 2015, 05:22:30 PM
No tickets available online ATM so seems we on our way to a complete sell out. I don't think Gallagher has started the team named in any of the games so far in the championship making at least 1 change each game

Maybe the two managers will play McBrearty and Drew Wylie and see which one lasts the furtherest. Spice it up a bit.

Decent odds that Wylie will be marking McBrearty - stick a special camera on them to see who survives longest.

babarino

Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2015, 06:42:04 PM

Donegal WON'T take you for granted, but we EXPECT to win?

What is that based on?

Based on the fact that you're considered a top 4 side in the country and you've won an All Ireland with more or less the same squad. Also Donegal have looked a lot better in the Championship to date than they were at this stage last year.

Won't take us for granted 'cause we're in better shape than we were last year. Yet to fire on all cylinders in this year's championship all the same.

Got my tickets through tickets.ie  8)

J70

I would think, based on how we've matched up over the last few seasons,  that Monaghan are going in equally expecting to win.

Maguire01

Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2015, 08:18:21 PM
I would think, based on how we've matched up over the last few seasons,  that Monaghan are going in equally expecting to win.
I'd agree, and i'd be surprised and disappointed if the team / management were going into the game in any other frame of mind. There's absolutely no reason for either of these teams to be facing Sunday without the expectation of leaving as Ulster champions.

Maguire01

Quote from: Bingo on July 14, 2015, 12:45:55 PM
Word on the street is that match could be close to a sell out, with only terrace tickets remaining at this stage. I'd expect some to be freed up later in week with returns etc.
Haven't the last 2 years been a sell out? 2013 definitely was.

babarino

Quote from: J70 on July 14, 2015, 08:18:21 PM

Expectation comes with confidence. Yes we're confident we can win it, but we haven't shown the type of form needed, to date in the championship. So it's got to be a big performance for Monaghan. Donegal have shown it.

Donegal won my admiration for the way they dispatched the Dubs last year, as much as their All Ireland win.

Thompson in particular did a lot of damage in the Ulster Final last year. We didn't match Donegal's energy all over the park.

Talking to my Ulster neighbours, outside Monaghan, this is how they read it. You're favourites on Sunday, for good reasons.

babarino

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 14, 2015, 09:34:55 PM
Word on the street is that match could be close to a sell out, with only terrace tickets remaining at this stage. I'd expect some to be freed up later in week with returns etc.

Donegal's support is fantastic. Can't recall ever meeting an obnoxious one, which I can't say for most counties, including my own.

We've got better. Not many of you will remember, when we hit the big time in 1979 and we didn't behave very well when we got to Croke Park, to take a tanking from Kerry.

babarino

Quote from: Bingo on July 15, 2015, 09:52:14 AM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=579269055545529

Monaghan are ready!

Great video. It's important the players enjoy the week before and not let the nerves get the better of them.

Living outside the county I'm missing the craic of the build up. Looking forward to heading 'home' on Saturday and a few settlers with the lads.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: babarino on July 14, 2015, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 14, 2015, 09:34:55 PM

Donegal's support is fantastic. Can't recall ever meeting an obnoxious one, which I can't say for most counties, including my own.

We've got better. Not many of you will remember, when we hit the big time in 1979 and we didn't behave very well when we got to Croke Park, to take a tanking from Kerry.

Much and all as I would like to agree with you Babarino, I'm afraid we have some choice specimens amongst our supporters, same as everyone else.

I even witnessed two tanked up sons of Tirconaill rolling around on the pavement on the approach to Clones. Neither of them could stand up straight but that didn't prevent them making holy shows of themselves in their Donegal jersies stretched tight over ample frames.

We all have them I'm afraid.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Wildweasel74

Outside of McManus, and the 2 Hughes, Donegal have the better players, and i expect them to beat monaghan, not sure what sort of match it would be.