Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2015, 11:50:28 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2015, 03:04:11 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 18, 2015, 01:53:47 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 18, 2015, 01:33:32 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 18, 2015, 01:13:25 PM
Why shouldn't it be a double digit margin victory for Mayo, if it isn't I'll be shocked . Sligo a very poor side from the lower divisions .
How much are you going to bet so? A tonne surely with that confidence..handy few bob to make surely, cover the trip.

No spare cash at this time I'm afraid but if dustin Johnson birdies the 18 th ( if they ever get to compete the second rd) I will be betting and on a far more risky margin than the handicap .

These games don't prove anyone is right or wrong IMO even if they predict a far bigger winning margin , it's all down to little things that will determine the margin of victory, Mayos attitude , do they sit back for sligos hard hitting first quarter or do they not even give them a chance to think and hit them from the go with everything they've got . If Mayo did the latter and built up a decent lead, it could be a massive margin as I think Sligo might start to really doubt themselves , Mayo won't let up either , there's nothing soft about Mayo when it comes to driving it home despite the shite you hear , Roscommon, Galway , Donegal , Leitrim have all had good beatings from this team.

So yes to answer your question ,the value bet is Mayo in the spread.

Add Down to that list! But remember in 2012 we beat Sligo with the help of a dodgy point along with some pulling and dragging to close out the game in the Hyde! That Sligo team were also finished mid-table in Division Three!

That's the thing, I can't ever remember Mayo giving Sligo a hiding. Also Sligo are missing from larry's list too and if the pitch is as bad as it's made out to be there won't be much in this either. Hopefully Mayo won't concede a goal tomorrow either, but I'm not really convinced to be honest.

Also see how the Mayo GAA facebook have put Donie Vaughan down as being a Ballina player!

Delighted to have Donie on board!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 18, 2015, 11:50:28 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2015, 03:04:11 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 18, 2015, 01:53:47 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 18, 2015, 01:33:32 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 18, 2015, 01:13:25 PM
Why shouldn't it be a double digit margin victory for Mayo, if it isn't I'll be shocked . Sligo a very poor side from the lower divisions .
How much are you going to bet so? A tonne surely with that confidence..handy few bob to make surely, cover the trip.

No spare cash at this time I'm afraid but if dustin Johnson birdies the 18 th ( if they ever get to compete the second rd) I will be betting and on a far more risky margin than the handicap .

These games don't prove anyone is right or wrong IMO even if they predict a far bigger winning margin , it's all down to little things that will determine the margin of victory, Mayos attitude , do they sit back for sligos hard hitting first quarter or do they not even give them a chance to think and hit them from the go with everything they've got . If Mayo did the latter and built up a decent lead, it could be a massive margin as I think Sligo might start to really doubt themselves , Mayo won't let up either , there's nothing soft about Mayo when it comes to driving it home despite the shite you hear , Roscommon, Galway , Donegal , Leitrim have all had good beatings from this team.

So yes to answer your question ,the value bet is Mayo in the spread.

Add Down to that list! But remember in 2012 we beat Sligo with the help of a dodgy point along with some pulling and dragging to close out the game in the Hyde! That Sligo team were also finished mid-table in Division Three!

That's the thing, I can't ever remember Mayo giving Sligo a hiding. Also Sligo are missing from larry's list too and if the pitch is as bad as it's made out to be there won't be much in this either. Hopefully Mayo won't concede a goal tomorrow either, but I'm not really convinced to be honest.
2008 was a form of one I suppose you could say, though you're going back to 94 before that, back in the days when we were firmly in the doldrums.

Owenmoresider

Of course should say the best of luck to both our teams tomorrow, tis great to have two shots at provincial success, hopefully we can come away with at least one of them.

moysider

Quote from: Owenmoresider on July 19, 2015, 12:43:56 AM
Of course should say the best of luck to both our teams tomorrow, tis great to have two shots at provincial success, hopefully we can come away with at least one of them.

I hope ye do win one - provided it's not the second one :D :D :D

Put Up That Flag

So its Connacht final day and no doubt the Roscommon galacticos are competing in both the minor and senior games.......oh wait scratch that, I have no doubt the seniors are easily making their way through the qualifiers with the panel they have.......oh wait scratch that,  it must have been a power house of a team that knocked them out........oh wait scratch that, it was two division 3 teans that beat them ;D ;D

Never mind Sufferus you can cheer on Mayo to your hearts content now and not have to jump from one bandwagon to another

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on July 19, 2015, 11:20:25 AM
So its Connacht final day and no doubt the Roscommon galacticos are competing in both the minor and senior games.......oh wait scratch that, I have no doubt the seniors are easily making their way through the qualifiers with the panel they have.......oh wait scratch that,  it must have been a power house of a team that knocked them out........oh wait scratch that, it was two division 3 teans that beat them ;D ;D

Never mind Sufferus you can cheer on Mayo to your hearts content now and not have to jump from one bandwagon to another
Wow. Mayoites have a bit of an obsession.

Anyway, when was the last time Sligo were in the minor final?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 19, 2015, 11:46:55 AM
Quote from: Put Up That Flag on July 19, 2015, 11:20:25 AM

Wow. Mayoites have a bit of an obsession.

Anyway, when was the last time Sligo were in the minor final?
1998, when we contrived to lose to a bad Leitrim team on a horrible day in Tuam. We have experienced a lot of misery in Connacht finals over the years, that ones right up there along with the U21 and seniors in 2010. The Roscommon semi win was our first over a team other than Leitrim since 98. Beat the Rossies in 98, Galway in 96 and heaven knows when we last beat Mayo at that level.

manfromdelmonte

Captain Obvious

London were better in the Connacht final a few years ago than Sligo today.

Never beat the deeler

Aiden O Shea would want to get hit with a shovel to win a free kick
Hasta la victoria siempre

passedit

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on July 19, 2015, 04:22:07 PM
Aiden O Shea would want to get hit with a shovel to win a free kick

I don't think that would even slow him down. The difference in physicality is stark.
Don't Panic

Mano

Career and Sligo management have got this so wrong

manfromdelmonte

Mayo full back so dodgy under high ball

general_lee