Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 17, 2015, 10:59:21 PM
Just wondering, who are the seats in the stand reserved for anyway?

There's lots of talk on Mayogaablog (well speculation) that Vaughan may be left at full back? What do people on here think of this, personally, I don't like that thought at all. He can barely defend at the #6 position, but I don't think the management will have him at fullback at all.

Available in Super Valu and the like. General sale basically. I'm sure Enda and/or Michael Ring will be in behind the Nestor smiling away though.

manfromdelmonte

Farrandeelin

I'll predict a narrow 2 point win. For Mayo. Struggling to think of a big win against them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Why shouldn't it be a double digit margin victory for Mayo, if it isn't I'll be shocked . Sligo a very poor side from the lower divisions .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

joemamas

iF Mayo eliminate the threat of Marren and kelly which you would assume is their primary aim. it will be difficult to see sligo scoring more than 10-12pts.

ballinaman

Quote from: larryin89 on July 18, 2015, 01:13:25 PM
Why shouldn't it be a double digit margin victory for Mayo, if it isn't I'll be shocked . Sligo a very poor side from the lower divisions .
How much are you going to bet so? A tonne surely with that confidence..handy few bob to make surely, cover the trip.

larryin89

Quote from: ballinaman on July 18, 2015, 01:33:32 PM
How much are you going to bet so? A tonne surely with that confidence..handy few bob to make surely, cover the trip.

No spare cash at this time I'm afraid but if dustin Johnson birdies the 18 th ( if they ever get to compete the second rd) I will be betting and on a far more risky margin than the handicap .

These games don't prove anyone is right or wrong IMO even if they predict a far bigger winning margin , it's all down to little things that will determine the margin of victory, Mayos attitude , do they sit back for sligos hard hitting first quarter or do they not even give them a chance to think and hit them from the go with everything they've got . If Mayo did the latter and built up a decent lead, it could be a massive margin as I think Sligo might start to really doubt themselves , Mayo won't let up either , there's nothing soft about Mayo when it comes to driving it home despite the shite you hear , Roscommon, Galway , Donegal , Leitrim have all had good beatings from this team.

So yes to answer your question ,the value bet is Mayo in the spread.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Shrewdness

There has been a lot of rain around Roscommon in the last 24 hours, particularly today. With more forecast, it could take a toll on the pitch in Hyde Park.

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on July 18, 2015, 01:53:47 PM

No spare cash at this time I'm afraid but if dustin Johnson birdies the 18 th ( if they ever get to compete the second rd) I will be betting and on a far more risky margin than the handicap .

These games don't prove anyone is right or wrong IMO even if they predict a far bigger winning margin , it's all down to little things that will determine the margin of victory, Mayos attitude , do they sit back for sligos hard hitting first quarter or do they not even give them a chance to think and hit them from the go with everything they've got . If Mayo did the latter and built up a decent lead, it could be a massive margin as I think Sligo might start to really doubt themselves , Mayo won't let up either , there's nothing soft about Mayo when it comes to driving it home despite the shite you hear , Roscommon, Galway , Donegal , Leitrim have all had good beatings from this team.

Add Down to that list! But remember in 2012 we beat Sligo with the help of a dodgy point along with some pulling and dragging to close out the game in the Hyde! That Sligo team were also finished mid-table in Division Three!

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2015, 03:04:11 PM

Add Down to that list! But remember in 2012 we beat Sligo with the help of a dodgy point along with some pulling and dragging to close out the game in the Hyde! That Sligo team were also finished mid-table in Division Three!

Don't worry Bunker. Sligo would never beat a Division 1 team.

macdanger2

Weather for tomorrow looking better than it had been thankfully

Maigh Eo abú

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 18, 2015, 11:24:47 PM

Maigh Eo abú

The players will need snorkels to play on that pitch tomorrow, it soaks up water like a good bog.

macdanger2

I have visions of some Mayo back slipping and letting Kelly in for a goal  >:(

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on July 18, 2015, 11:28:56 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 18, 2015, 11:24:47 PM

Maigh Eo abú

The players will need snorkels to play on that pitch tommrow, it soaks up water like a good bog.

No need to gloat about it.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 18, 2015, 03:04:11 PM

That's the thing, I can't ever remember Mayo giving Sligo a hiding. Also Sligo are missing from larry's list too and if the pitch is as bad as it's made out to be there won't be much in this either. Hopefully Mayo won't concede a goal tomorrow either, but I'm not really convinced to be honest.

Also see how the Mayo GAA facebook have put Donie Vaughan down as being a Ballina player!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.