Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Hoping for a dirty wet miserable day in the Hyde ( from 3 to 6 anyway) and a Sligo double.
Not that I'm biased against Rhubarbians or anything ............... or bitter and upset over our disaster of a Championship.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: Rossfan on July 15, 2015, 11:00:13 AM
Hoping for a dirty wet miserable day in the Hyde

Is there any other kind??  ;D

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2015, 09:30:45 AM
I've a cousin from Mayo who reckons they will win by an absolute cricket score.
He reckons it'll be like watching a senior club team playing the u-14s.

Here s what you tell him to do then seeing he's so c**k sure. He can make a cool grand by putting 10grand on Mayo. Let us know if he puts his money where his mouth or if he's talking through his hole. If he doesn't take the bet he's just full of piss. Lots of easy money to be made for anybody with the balls to go for it - unless they are talking shite of course.

Syferus

Hoping for a dirty wet miserable day in the Hyde ( from 3 to 6 anyway) and a Sligo double.
Not that I'm biased against Rhubarbians or anything ............... or bitter and upset over our disaster of a Championship.....

If Sligo win it's going to make us look really stupid.

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2015, 12:55:58 PM

Don't think ye need much help, doing mighty thus far.

joemamas

Quote from: ballinaman on July 15, 2015, 10:57:17 AM
larryin89?
Mayo Mick wherever he is.? Maybe he moved near his cousins.

muppet

One of the Lyons or the Coyles?
MWWSI 2017

Mano

With regard to the Sligo team for Sunday I would make one change. Gilmartin to come in for Cristeoir Davey. Davey was unlucky to get the black card against Roscommon but didn't get much possession of the ball and most of his influence was in dropping back into back line.
Mayo will have noted from the Roscommon game that Sligo tried to kick out short where possible as our midfield duo are not the tallest. Roscommon dominated in midfield on their kick out. I would expect Mayo to push up on our kickouts. Gilmartin in midfield or wing for kickouts will give us added height and physically to contest this vital area. If we get enough possession we have better scoring forwards than Mayo.

sligoman2

Does gilmartin have the legs and speed to cover back when we lose the ball?
Kelly and Marren will have to work hard to get possession as they will be marked very tightly.  We need a great performance from the whole team and if we get it we could cause another big upset.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

mayo.mick

Quote from: joemamas on July 15, 2015, 01:23:45 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 15, 2015, 10:57:17 AM
larryin89?
Mayo Mick wherever he is.? Maybe he moved near his cousins.

The "other" Mayo Mick I hope?  ;D
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

RogerMilla

Quote from: Syferus on July 14, 2015, 09:20:34 PM
Larryin how do you feel about Kilmovee being in the County Roscommon postcode? Personally it's the best news I've heard all week.. :D

You must be delighted alright, more lads with Roscommon addresses who can play for mayo

Rossfan

If they lose by the expected 13 points to your beloved Rhus it will make us look even more stupid  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

It's giving rain anyway so you'll be one happy man.

How much contact training has COC done since the Galway game?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 15, 2015, 08:11:23 PM

If they lose by the expected 13 points to your beloved Rhus it will make us look even more stupid  ;)

I'd take that over knowing we threw a Connacht title under the bus in Markievicz.

moysider

Quote from: Mano on July 15, 2015, 05:30:30 PM
With regard to the Sligo team for Sunday I would make one change. Gilmartin to come in for Cristeoir Davey. Davey was unlucky to get the black card against Roscommon but didn't get much possession of the ball and most of his influence was in dropping back into back line.
Mayo will have noted from the Roscommon game that Sligo tried to kick out short where possible as our midfield duo are not the tallest. Roscommon dominated in midfield on their kick out. I would expect Mayo to push up on our kickouts. Gilmartin in midfield or wing for kickouts will give us added height and physically to contest this vital area. If we get enough possession we have better scoring forwards than Mayo.

I doubt it but sure we ll see. But I suppose every team in the country thinks like that so not surprised.