Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 13, 2015, 05:01:58 PM
Are behind the goals (athlone end) standing? Or seated?

First you hate the Hyde and now you refuse to call the Graveyard End and by its proper name!!

Both ends are terrace only, same as the side opposite the stand / uncovered seating that Mayo season ticket holders are so excited about sitting on.

macdanger2

Going with 4 pensioners and 2 juveniles, standing for the day won't be too popular!!

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 13, 2015, 05:51:24 PM
Going with 4 pensioners and 2 juveniles, standing for the day won't be too popular!!

The fairness brigade don t factor in the practicalities. Meanwhile there's a ground where everybody is seated vacant.
At least they know now it's standing up and they have the option of the telly. The wise option unless the pensioners are fairly fit. The ould terrace across from the stand is no picnic when it gets crowded.

sligoman2

Honestly don't know what to expect from this.  Mayo are 1/10 favourites and the spread is 8 so nobody is giving us a chance.  We love being underdogs and usually run mayo close in finals.  We need to try and break the balls on Mayo kick outs and hope to clean up the breaks.  If we can get posession we can do some damage inside.
It's a massive task and it's great to have both teams in the final.  It could be a long day but we will give a lash and see what happens.  Great recovery from losing the first 3 games in div 3.  Well done to Niall and the mgmt team and the players.  I hope we have great support on Sunday and that we come home with some silverware.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2015, 12:49:36 AM

The fairness brigade don t factor in the practicalities. Meanwhile there's a ground where everybody is seated vacant.
At least they know now it's standing up and they have the option of the telly. The wise option unless the pensioners are fairly fit. The ould terrace across from the stand is no picnic when it gets crowded.

How many grounds in Ireland are all-seater Moy? I don't recall the pensioner argument being made as boisterously when other counties have had to 'endure' terraces..

Manning18

Quote from: moysider on July 14, 2015, 12:49:36 AM

Castlebar you mean? Those uncomfortable slabs of dirt and concrete where the view is terrible? Terraces with proper barriers to lean on is a ten times better viewing experience than the narrow little health hazards all over McHale park

Shrewdness

I read recently, that when the redevelopment of Hyde Park is completed, it will have a capacity of 25,000 with seating for 13,000...

macdanger2

Two of the pensioners have pulled out - don't worry, they're Sligo men anyway!! One will be in with the season ticket and the other will be ok standing.

Jinxy

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 14, 2015, 07:38:35 AM
I read recently, that when the redevelopment of Hyde Park is completed, it will have a capacity of 25,000 with seating for 13,000...

And fodder for 200 head of cattle.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

magpie seanie

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on July 14, 2015, 09:40:07 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on July 14, 2015, 07:38:35 AM

And fodder for 200 head of cattle.
That's Páirc Tailteann.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 14, 2015, 10:59:36 AM
Who is Fintan Ruddy?
Ex-Mayo keeper from around 2002/2003 if i remember correctly. From the Kilcommon club out Erris country. Serious boot on him, think he won the kick fada title too.

maigheo

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 14, 2015, 10:59:36 AM
Who is Fintan Ruddy?
A mayo man  called into the Sligo panel.Played a few games for Mayo around 2006 but would have been a back up rather than a starter.Won the long kick competition a few times.Now living in Sligo

magpie seanie

Interesting that he gets called into the panel at this stage with what happened with another goalkeeper earlier in the year.  ::)

macdanger2

Sligo stealing our players again, they're like the Kildare of Connacht  ;D