Connacht Final. Mayo v Sligo. July 19.

Started by moysider, June 22, 2015, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac2

Quote from: larryin89 on July 08, 2015, 09:23:31 PM
Never miss but I'll not be going to this one , fook the Hyde .
Not up to your standards is it not, fans are turning into right divas nowadays. If it's good enough for the mayo team it should be well good enough for you. A five in a row on the line, just shows how spoilt we are, these sort of days won't always be here.

larryin89

I'm sure they'll survive without me , it's the arrangement I'm pissed off with tbh. On a personal level it's probably an excuse too as I don't have the shillings to travel down either . Told the young buck last night and his disappointment is probably going to mean I'll have to go down now. I've about 3 hours left to get the money in the bank for the tickets , so you see it's not always as simple as people think , match tickets, travel from Dublin , grub money etc it all adds up .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

rosnarun

Quote from: larryin89 on July 10, 2015, 12:24:02 PM
I'm sure they'll survive without me , it's the arrangement I'm pissed off with tbh. On a personal level it's probably an excuse too as I don't have the shillings to travel down either . Told the young buck last night and his disappointment is probably going to mean I'll have to go down now. I've about 3 hours left to get the money in the bank for the tickets , so you see it's not always as simple as people think , match tickets, travel from Dublin , grub money etc it all adds up .
sounds like time you joined us on the ham sandwich Brigade .
Sign on up ,its not so bad
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mac2

Quote from: larryin89 on July 10, 2015, 12:24:02 PM
See, your young buck doesn't care where the match is, just make sure you get him there whatever it takes.

Syferus

Never seen such a scrum over nothing in all my life.

moysider

sligoman

The build up has been low key for this. Read a few news reports this week that Mayo are at full strength. I think Martyn was the only current panel member exc Harrison that was unavailable for Roscommon, going by what I heard on his injury at the time I'd say it's unlikely he'll be involved for this.

macdanger2

Less than a week now to this, looking forward to it.

I wouldn't have seen a whole pile of Sligo in recent years but they have a decent forward line who could do damage if we're as loose as we were against Galway and a couple of handy enough backs. Midfield is where we should have the edge though, bigger men and better conditioning and I'd expect that to make the difference.

Any word on fitness / injuries?? Assuming all the non-long term absentees are fit, I'd go with:

Clarke
Caff Keane Higgins
Boyle Barrett Keegan
Parsons SOS
McLoughlin COC Vaughan
Andy AOS Doc

But the team I think H&C are likely to go for is:

Clarke
Cunniffe Keane Higgins
Boyle Barrett Keegan
Parsons SOS
McLoughlin Doc DOC
Andy AOS COC

The spread is 8 points which seems a bit high to me - I fancy us for a 3-5 point win, keeping a clean sheet for once would be bonus

County Man

Will be rooting for Sligo in this one but hard to stop Mayo getting 5 in a row.

moysider

A five in a row would be nice and probably would be as good as it gets if we manage it.

Apart from a couple of league games where it looked like we might become more practical/defensive it looks like it's going to be the same gung-ho approach by us. If were serious about challenging the top3 we would have set our stall out against Galway imo.

An objective on Sunday should be to limit Sligo to 12 scores or less and not concede a goal. To win a game we control and build from there. I want to see a defensive performance.

Chimley

Quote from: moysider on July 13, 2015, 02:02:59 PM

A five in a row would be nice and probably would be as good as it gets if we manage it.

Apart from a couple of league games where it looked like we might become more practical/defensive it looks like it's going to be the same gung-ho approach by us. If were serious about challenging the top3 we would have set our stall out against Galway imo.

An objective on Sunday should be to limit Sligo to 12 scores or less and not concede a goal. To win a game we control and build from there. I want to see a defensive performance.

But we are the Brazil of the GAA world. We can't be going all defensive.

macdanger2

Are behind the goals (athlone end) standing? Or seated?

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 13, 2015, 05:01:58 PM
Are behind the goals (athlone end) standing? Or seated?

Lying down.
It's a graveyard!

moysider

The whole ground is terrace except for the stand side.

macdanger2

Quote from: moysider on July 13, 2015, 05:31:40 PM

The whole ground is terrace except for the stand side.

Didn't realise that - have only ever been there on the stand side and I assumed it was concrete benches the whole way around.