All Ireland Qualifiers

Started by MoChara, June 22, 2015, 10:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Rushe must have wanted his go :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

INDIANA

Quote from: deiseach on July 27, 2015, 06:26:25 PM
I've zipped through the game from start to finish on Sky+ for the purposes of my blog and can find three instances of Maurice Shanahan giving verbals or whatnot to Liam Rushe. Not once did he do it with anyone else. On two of those occasions Rushe gave as good as he got, including the bit which ended with him slapping Maurice in the head with his hurley. So if you were watching the telly and saw him goading Dublin players throughout the game, you're . . . wrong.

I'll send you my video. At least 5 I've counted and Gleeson throwing the sliotar in Mc Caffrey's face (wouldnt see an u10 do that). Not a dicky bird done to either.

Johnny Ryan applies a different set of rukes to Dublin for hurling games We were ridden rock solid yesterday in my opinion and as a group of fans we are hopping mad over it. Not the first time he's done it to us either.

2 65's not shown by the Sunday Game last night that were wides - all clearly viewable on the video. The sideline that led to the gleesons point again was a Dublin ball and clearly viewed to me and anyone else sitting in the stand. That's not good enough at this level

I also have a problem with the spare hand in tackling. Rushe was fouled 3 times by Waterford players illegally using their spare hand tackling yesterday and Here's Johnny gave 3 frees for overcarrying. Bizarre , bizarre stuff. And rank, rank, rank bad refereeing

No complaints that Waterford were the better side and deserved the win. But we'd have got a fairer deal of Dan Shanahan in the Crows Nest yesterday

In my opinion it's up to the Dublin County Board to ask the GAA to ensure he and his officials are not fixed to refereee any of our games again in the future until as such time as he can be deemed to apply the same set of rules to both teams and be consistent in his approach. There was no consistency yesterday. Absolutely none

We pay our money into watch games, our players train the same as anyone else's and the least they deserve is that the referee and officials are held accountable to the same standards as the players and management. That is not being unfair to anyone. It's right and proper at this level of elite competition.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2015, 11:15:17 PM
I've zipped through the game from start to finish on Sky+ for the purposes of my blog and can find three instances of Maurice Shanahan giving verbals or whatnot to Liam Rushe. Not once did he do it with anyone else. On two of those occasions Rushe gave as good as he got, including the bit which ended with him slapping Maurice in the head with his hurley. So if you were watching the telly and saw him goading Dublin players throughout the game, you're . . . wrong.

I'll send you my video. At least 5 I've counted and Gleeson throwing the sliotar in Mc Caffrey's face (wouldnt see an u10 do that). Not a dicky bird done to either.

Johnny Ryan applies a different set of rukes to Dublin for hurling games We were ridden rock solid yesterday in my opinion and as a group of fans we are hopping mad over it. Not the first time he's done it to us either.

3 65's not shown by the Sunday Game last night that were wides - all clearly viewable on the video. The sideline that led to the goal- again was a Dublin ball and clearly viewed to me and anyone else sitting in the stand. That's not good enough at this level

I also have a problem with the spare hand in tackling. Rushe was fouled 3 times by Waterford players illegally using their spare hand tackling yesterday and Here's Johnny gave 3 frees for overcarrying. Bizarre , bizarre stuff. And rank, rank, rank bad refereeing

No complaints that Waterford were the better side and deserved the win. But we'd have got a fairer deal of Dan Shanahan in the Crows Nest yesterday

In my opinion it's up to the Dublin County Board to ask the GAA to ensure he and his officials are not fixed to refereee any of our games again in the future until as such time as he can be deemed to apply the same set of rules to both teams and be consistent in his approach. There was no consistency yesterday. Absolutely none

We pay our money into watch games, our players train the same as anyone else's and the least they deserve is that the referee and officials are held accountable to the same standards as the players and management. That is not being unfair to anyone. It's right and proper at this level of elite competition.
The spare hand thing really annoys me.
Some teams gettig away with it for years.

Goading of opponents is just childish.
But a decent referee would reverse a free or dish out a yellow card to cut it out.

The sideline ball that Gleeson stuck over was unreal, but was clearly a Dublin ball in the first place. Linesman and referee not up with play. I hope the referee assessor saw that

INDIANA

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 28, 2015, 12:04:44 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2015, 11:15:17 PM

3 65's not shown by the Sunday Game last night that were wides - all clearly viewable on the video. The sideline that led to the goal- again was a Dublin ball and clearly viewed to me and anyone else sitting in the stand. That's not good enough at this level

The spare hand thing really annoys me.
Some teams gettig away with it for years.

Goading of opponents is just childish.
But a decent referee would reverse a free or dish out a yellow card to cut it out.

The sideline ball that Gleeson stuck over was unreal, but was clearly a Dublin ball in the first place. Linesman and referee not up with play. I hope the referee assessor saw that

Kilkenny are the main culprits regarding the spare hand . But Lord Cody has a monopoly on what rules can be applied and what can't

theskull1

The good teams don't keep their tackle to the catching hand in too long plus they do it subtlety .... that's the difference between foul being given/not given
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

deiseach

PM me the link to your video, Indiana, sure it'll be better than poke in the eye with a sharp stick. As it happens, I saw the 65 incidents you mention at the time as clearly incorrect and I thought Liam Rushe could feel sore over a couple of overcarrying decisions that he was on the wrong side of which must have added to the pressure cooker. Next time though, how about belting the real source of your angst - the ref.

INDIANA

Quote from: deiseach on July 28, 2015, 08:10:34 AM
PM me the link to your video, Indiana, sure it'll be better than poke in the eye with a sharp stick. As it happens, I saw the 65 incidents you mention at the time as clearly incorrect and I thought Liam Rushe could feel sore over a couple of overcarrying decisions that he was on the wrong side of which must have added to the pressure cooker. Next time though, how about belting the real source of your angst - the ref.

Shanahan acted the pup the whole game. I sat in front of it with a group of Waterford fans who actually agreed with me .
You spend 70 minutes goading your opponent you'll be clipped. Rushe was very silly in how he did it . Kilkenny will be a lot more subtle in dealing with that carry on and they'll do it in such a fashion it will be all on the ball and poor Maurice will be sitting on his arse feeling very sorry for himself

Either the GAA is going to get serious on this carry on or it's going to become pandemic throughout the game

I've no issue with Waterford winning the game but the refereeing last Sunday was not acceptable for this standard of hurling .

finbar o tool

what Maurice Shanahan supposedly done for 70 mins is done in games all over the country, club and county, ye are acting like he is the only one who does it! if you get into an opponents head then its advantage to you. fair play to him. how many times have we heard, nice hurlers win nothing!? top hurlers would answer him with their hurling. not their hurley!

i cant see past a Tipp KK final, and i hope thats the case. Galway and Waterford are not good enough, the matches sunday were limp, especially the second game! if you want to see a good final then cross your fingers for Tipp v KK!
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

INDIANA

Quote from: finbar o tool on July 28, 2015, 09:05:51 AM
what Maurice Shanahan supposedly done for 70 mins is done in games all over the country, club and county, ye are acting like he is the only one who does it! if you get into an opponents head then its advantage to you. fair play to him. how many times have we heard, nice hurlers win nothing!? top hurlers would answer him with their hurling. not their hurley!

i cant see past a Tipp KK final, and i hope thats the case. Galway and Waterford are not good enough, the matches sunday were limp, especially the second game! if you want to see a good final then cross your fingers for Tipp v KK!

Don't give me that nice load of bollox . He's a pup and when he gets his arse handed to him the next day we will see what a hard man he is . Has to be the only player in Ireland who needs a personal chaperone on the line to look after him.That's how hard he is !

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: INDIANA on July 28, 2015, 09:20:46 AM

Don't give me that nice load of bollox . He's a pup and when he gets his arse handed to him the next day we will see what a hard man he is . Has to be the only player in Ireland who needs a personal chaperone on the line to look after him.That's how hard he is !
True.

deiseach

Quote from: INDIANA on July 28, 2015, 08:47:29 AM

Shanahan acted the pup the whole game. I sat in front of it with a group of Waterford fans who actually agreed with me .
You spend 70 minutes goading your opponent you'll be clipped. Rushe was very silly in how he did it . Kilkenny will be a lot more subtle in dealing with that carry on and they'll do it in such a fashion it will be all on the ball and poor Maurice will be sitting on his arse feeling very sorry for himself

Either the GAA is going to get serious on this carry on or it's going to become pandemic throughout the game

I've no issue with Waterford winning the game but the refereeing last Sunday was not acceptable for this standard of hurling .

Send me the link, Indiana. I'm sure it'll make for interesting viewing.

INDIANA

Quote from: deiseach on July 28, 2015, 09:54:03 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 28, 2015, 08:47:29 AM

Send me the link, Indiana. I'm sure it'll make for interesting viewing.

It's on the rte player freely available . Have a look

deiseach

I've already looked and seen three incidents.

finbar o tool

Quote from: INDIANA on July 28, 2015, 09:20:46 AM

i never said he was a hard man!
he used his brain to get the better of his opponent, that shows his opponent didnt have much of a brain!!
do you think KK will fall for someone trying to put them off their game the next day by talking shite in their ear? they will in their shite! and i guarantee you Shanahan wont even try it against KK, different horses for different courses and all that! 
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy