vegetarians

Started by pullhard, June 19, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

Its been just over a year since I went Veggie. Curious to know if there are any other Veggies on the board?

I was massive meatie before turning veggie and had a big soft spot for chorizo.
Changed because of the horrible way in which meat is produced, cruel and horrible unethical. Meat is very unenvironmentally friendly.

Since turning I have never felt healthier, have reduced cholesterol and have lost weight.

general_lee

Half of me wants to ridicule you, the other half is saying fair play.

I don't know how you do it, I love meat. I try to eat healthy so I try to avoid a lot of stuff and stick to white meats and fish. The odd time though I will pig out with a fry or steak and chips.

Do you never get tempted..?

Walter Cronc

Have became more and more veggie of late. Could seriously see myself going down that route some time.

Do meat free Mondays - which is basically from seeing an online campaign to raise awareness of food shortages.

I think what puts people off at home is the lack of variety in salads etc. Greek, Turkish, Lebanese food all do fantastic salads with great flavour.

topcuppla

Probably more boys on here love the beef than those who don't.

general_lee

Quote from: topcuppla on June 19, 2015, 02:25:52 PM
Probably more boys on here love the beef than those who don't.
youre top of the pile ye closet shirt lifter

laoislad

Each to their own but I can't understand anyone who doesn't eat meat.
I'd eat steak for breakfast.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Brick Tamlin

+1
Im a complete Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Cant live without meat. Love salads alright but cant do without meat.
No offence either, but in my experience any vegetarians ive ever had pleasure of meeting have always been complete doses.
Probably tarrin them all with one brush but they have always been these arty-farty, bohemian, groovy types that are a pain in the hole. 

Jell 0 Biafra

Been a veggie for 20 odd years now.  Turned off by the cruelty of the meat industry. The first year, I missed it a bit from time to time, but never since.   Bought myself a decent vegetarian cookbook and learned how to cook.  I've eaten a much more varied diet than I would have if I'd stayed a meat eater.

GJL

My idea of heaven. I respect the idea of why some people see the industry as cruel but I could not give up my steak.

laoislad

Are two vegetarians allowed to marry each other...?
They shouldn't be. It's not normal. Down with that sort of thing.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

pullhard

Quote from: general_lee on June 19, 2015, 02:15:08 PM

I don't know how you do it, I love meat. I try to eat healthy so I try to avoid a lot of stuff and stick to white meats and fish. The odd time though I will pig out with a fry or steak and chips.

No to be honest, The other half is a meatie. I'd occasionally cook her the odd bacon buddy, never been tempted to have bite.

As Jell says, change to a veggie diet encourages a much more varied diet.

Its much easier than to do than people think it is.

Eating out can be a bit of pain

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on June 19, 2015, 02:33:30 PM
Each to their own but I can't understand anyone who doesn't eat meat.
I'd eat steak for breakfast.
I regularly do

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: pullhard on June 19, 2015, 03:16:36 PM
Quote from: general_lee on June 19, 2015, 02:15:08 PM

No to be honest, The other half is a meatie. I'd occasionally cook her the odd bacon buddy, never been tempted to have bite.

As Jell says, change to a veggie diet encourages a much more varied diet.

Its much easier than to do than people think it is.

Eating out can be a bit of pain

Asian food is the way to go for eating out.  Lots of vegetarian choices in Indian, Chinese, Thai etc... without shortchanging the carnivores.   Italian and Mexican are good options in the same way.

pullhard

Asian food is the way to go for eating out.  Lots of vegetarian choices in Indian, Chinese, Thai etc... without shortchanging the carnivores.   Italian and Mexican are good options in the same way.
[/quote]
AGREE +1

While some on here could eat steak for breakie, I regularly have curry for breakfast :)

The Iceman

As I get older I make smarter choices about food. Less red meat (maybe once a week now), more chicken and turkey and more veggies. I'm more or less dairy free and slowly weaning off wheat and grains. I've cut salt to a minimum and take very little extra sugar. I know the benefits of going vegetarian/vegan - i just would miss a good steak or sausages wrapped in bacon too much. I've learned I can't go cold turkey on any food source - but I can make smarter choices about portions and frequency.
Fair play on going full veggie - you'll gain extra years from it I'm sure!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight