Is Cillian O'Connor Mayo's greatest ever?

Started by Shrewdness, June 17, 2015, 10:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Cillian O'Connor Mayo's greatest ever?

Yes
7 (9.5%)
No
16 (21.6%)
Could yet be,
30 (40.5%)
Never will be
21 (28.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Shrewdness

In one of today's papers, ex Mayo footballer David Brady, states that in his opinion, Cillian O'Connor is the greatest player he has seen playing for Mayo.. So, how does everyone feel about that in Mayo particularly. Imo, it's Ciaran Mc Donald.

Denn Forever

David Brady -GAA's Robbie Savage.

Kenneth Moritimer would get my vote.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sans pessimism

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 17, 2015, 10:42:07 AM
In one of today's papers, ex Mayo footballer David Brady, states that in his opinion, Cillian O'Connor is the greatest player he has seen playing for Mayo.. So, how does everyone feel about that in Mayo particularly. Imo, it's Ciaran Mc Donald.
Jeez,Brady talkin buineach is bad enough without puttin a spotlight on the drivel.what a stupid thread-The lad is barely out of his teens...ya dont think there's enough pressure on him,no?
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

theticklemister

westbound

Is Cillian O'Connor even the best player on the current Mayo panel? Keith Higgins? Aidan O'Shea?

Personally, I think Higgins is the best player on that panel.

And I'm not saying O'Connor is not a good player. Of course he is.

In 10 years time O'Connor may be the greatest Mayo player ever, but lets give him a few years first?

Tubberman

Brady says whatever comes into his head. Cillian is a great player, I'd leave it at that. He's 23 ffs.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

nrico2006

He will never be anywhere near as good as McDonald.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mac2

Whatever about O'Connor, Brady is certainly our greatest mouth ever.

Schkite

JoG2

Quote from: westbound on June 17, 2015, 10:59:42 AM
Is Cillian O'Connor even the best player on the current Mayo panel? Keith Higgins? Aidan O'Shea?

Personally, I think Higgins is the best player on that panel.

And I'm not saying O'Connor is not a good player. Of course he is.

In 10 years time O'Connor may be the greatest Mayo player ever, but lets give him a few years first?

He may not be the best player on the team, but it would be hard to argue against him being the most important

highorlow

David Brady is the greatest bullshit artist to come out of Mayo.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Hardy

johnneycool

Lar Naparka

Cillian is certainly a top-class player but he's still maturing and he has been banjaxed by injury since he began playing for Mayo.
He's a very skilful player alright but he doesn't have the speed off the mark to make him a great all-rounder like, say, James O'Donoughue. IMO, he matches the bould James in all other aspects of his game. I don't recall him ever going on a solo run.
He's vital to Mayo's chances of success but so too are AOS and Keith Higgins. Going by Sunday's display I'd give Aidan the MOTM award with Keith a close second and Cillian after that.
With a bit of luck, his best days are still to come but, right now, he can do without the hype.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

brokencrossbar1