LSFC 2015 Semi Final - Dublin v Kildare, June 28th 4pm.

Started by Dinny Breen, June 14, 2015, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 29, 2015, 02:08:59 PM
QuoteHow many times have the Dublin county board voted to have Dublin play outside Croke Park?

Point of order - how can Dublin County Board have a say in where Leinster fixtures are? They have only 1/12 of the vote.

As for the rest of the post - well I am not going there!

Yes and they have never voted to move the Dubs out. So the Dubs that keep saying they want to go on road trips should be getting onto their county board.

Keyser soze

Well I think Easytiger has got some valid points here. The fatalistic acceptance of defeat in Leinster is embarassing tbh. Some of these counties need to grow a set instead of jumping onto the tumbrille with head bowed. This is a great Dublin side playing great football, but no team is unbeatable. It appears that the rest of the province has given up the ghost though. Sad to see when one remembers the epic battles of the nineties.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 28, 2015, 04:20:44 PM
What was the standing ovation (from all fans) there for?

The standing ovation was for the Harris brothers who tragically lost their lives in a work-related accident recently. The spectacular tribute was very moving, the likes of which I have never seen.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i-lost-my-best-mate-but-ill-make-you-the-proudest-dad-ever-daughters-tribute-to-tragic-alan-harris-31337154.html
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

The Aristocrat

Do not feed Leo Turley (Don't Matter) , a WUM and troll, ignore and only respond to reasonable posts from the other Dublin haters, Id say he was only crying watching the greatest footballing team ever to play the game yesterday.

Magnificent skill, discipline, passion and heart. Changing the game for the better.

LilySavage

Yes they are a super team. Lets see them on the road then. At least a quarterfinal in Tullamore, Portlaoise or Wexford Park. Not too much to ask for.

The Aristocrat

Quote from: LilySavage on June 29, 2015, 04:25:33 PM
Yes they are a super team. Lets see them on the road then. At least a quarterfinal in Tullamore, Portlaoise or Wexford Park. Not too much to ask for.

I agree and also quarters and semis  in Leinster and leave them out of Croker till the Leinster final 

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: LilySavage on June 29, 2015, 04:25:33 PM

The Leinster council seems to think it is.  11 votes of 12 to keep Dublin at CP.

SouthDublinBro

I don't see Donegal fans complaining about having to play Monaghan in their home ground at Clones in the past 3 Ulster finals.

Teo Lurley

What's the deal here? There's a very nasty reaction to anyone who doesn't worship the Dubs. They're a very good team, why try to hide why that is? When Tyrone were winning All Irelands people were wondering why and the reason was that they had a very good system which involved defending in numbers and attacking at pace, supplying ball to their quality forwards. Similarly, Donegal took this system and advanced it. When Meath were winning it was in part because they'd play very tough and sometimes cross the line with their tactics. Kerry won a lot in the 70's/80's in part because they were far fitter than all the other teams.

Dublin are winning because they have a lot of money backing them. There's no shame in admitting this. It just needs to be imitated. Like when Tyrone were winning many copied their system, same with Donegal. When Meath were playing tough other teams had to match that. All the other counties had to up their efforts in training to try and get as fit as Kerry. Right now teams have to try to match the amount of resources Dublin have to compete. The counties getting closest to Dublin in this regard are Kerry, Donegal and Mayo. Who're the 4 strongest teams in Ireland currently? Kerry, Donegal, Mayo and Dublin. It's no coincidence. In all sports the teams with money are the most successful. Don't hide from it, it's the way it is.

Teo Lurley

By the way, I had to go and search posts by don't matter as people have been accusing me of being him/her. He/she has some very strong views. I didn't read all of them but there's some information I found that I never knew about. Like Dublin get about 1 and a half million per year off the GAA to pay for developing players!!!! Other counties get nowhere near this according to don't matter. In fairness he/she supplies links and stuff to back up their claims so it can't be denied. Some very interesting stuff.

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 29, 2015, 11:45:40 PM
By the way, I had to go and search posts by don't matter as people have been accusing me of being him/her. He/she has some very strong views. I didn't read all of them but there's some information I found that I never knew about. Like Dublin get about 1 and a half million per year off the GAA to pay for developing players!!!! Other counties get nowhere near this according to don't matter. In fairness he/she supplies links and stuff to back up their claims so it can't be denied. Some very interesting stuff.

You are a complete fcukwit You also have physchological issues that need seeing to.

Jinxy

;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Teo Lurley

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on June 29, 2015, 11:52:13 PM

You are a complete fcukwit You also have physchological issues that need seeing to.

What's your problem? That's no way to talk to someone. I've received many aggressive posts like this, I've only been on this board a few months! Why all the hate? I'm a nice guy.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Teo Lurley on June 29, 2015, 11:38:26 PM
What's the deal here? There's a very nasty reaction to anyone who doesn't worship the Dubs. They're a very good team, why try to hide why that is? When Tyrone were winning All Irelands people were wondering why and the reason was that they had a very good system which involved defending in numbers and attacking at pace, supplying ball to their quality forwards. Similarly, Donegal took this system and advanced it. When Meath were winning it was in part because they'd play very tough and sometimes cross the line with their tactics. Kerry won a lot in the 70's/80's in part because they were far fitter than all the other teams.

Dublin are winning because they have a lot of money backing them. There's no shame in admitting this. It just needs to be imitated. Like when Tyrone were winning many copied their system, same with Donegal. When Meath were playing tough other teams had to match that. All the other counties had to up their efforts in training to try and get as fit as Kerry. Right now teams have to try to match the amount of resources Dublin have to compete. The counties getting closest to Dublin in this regard are Kerry, Donegal and Mayo. Who're the 4 strongest teams in Ireland currently? Kerry, Donegal, Mayo and Dublin. It's no coincidence. In all sports the teams with money are the most successful. Don't hide from it, it's the way it is.

Shhhhhhhh! You can't be saying that! Money influencing an amateur game? Never! It all comes from natural skill. Now go off with your Atari!

Main Street

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on June 29, 2015, 07:56:38 PM
I don't see Donegal fans complaining about having to play Monaghan in their home ground at Clones in the past 3 Ulster finals.
Only 2 ulster finals in the past.
I doubt any Leinster county would  moan about the Leinster final being played at Croke Park (home of the Dubs).
Anyway, Donegal fans would be doing their moaning on their way home ....depending on the result of course.