Ulster SFC: Derry v Donegal 27th June 2015

Started by Estimator, June 14, 2015, 03:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andoireabu

Quote from: JoG2 on June 17, 2015, 10:52:01 AM
there are ways tbrick

I posted on another thread about streaming Sky through Kodi (using Phoenix) either to a phone / tablet or cast it onto the TV using the likes of a chromecast or a lead. Can be a bit tricky and, like streaming anything there's no guarantee it'll work without any hassle. I tested all the Sky sports channels last night using Kodi and a chromecast and they all worked.

If you wanna go down this route, I'll write out a few instructions to help out

Or, less hassle would be to 'borrow' a sky logon from a friend / neighbour and watch it through Sky Go onto a laptop or desktop
Would you mind PMing me those instructions JoG2?  I've a chromecast but other than that I wouldn't have a clue how to set this up. Cheers
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

JoG2

Quote from: andoireabu on June 23, 2015, 10:19:36 AM
there are ways tbrick

I posted on another thread about streaming Sky through Kodi (using Phoenix) either to a phone / tablet or cast it onto the TV using the likes of a chromecast or a lead. Can be a bit tricky and, like streaming anything there's no guarantee it'll work without any hassle. I tested all the Sky sports channels last night using Kodi and a chromecast and they all worked.

Or, less hassle would be to 'borrow' a sky logon from a friend / neighbour and watch it through Sky Go onto a laptop or desktop
Would you mind PMing me those instructions JoG2?  I've a chromecast but other than that I wouldn't have a clue how to set this up. Cheers

no bother, will throw it together now. Also, HD Cinema has been repackaged as Sky HD and is live

supersarsfields

Quote from: JoG2 on June 23, 2015, 10:38:53 AM
there are ways tbrick

no bother, will throw it together now. Also, HD Cinema has been repackaged as Sky HD and is live

Could you pm me as well?

JoG2

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 23, 2015, 03:37:07 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on June 23, 2015, 10:38:53 AM
there are ways tbrick

Could you pm me as well?

done

Main Street

I'll just look for a stream. You know the GAA has gone global, when you can watch a stream online. Paddies Together Will Never Be Defeated.

J70

Paddy Bradley, the moan about not being asked on the panel aside, raises some questions about McIver's tactical ability on the line. Its something I always found wanting in him during his time in charge of Donegal. I remember one particular game where his lack of strength in this area involved dealing with Paddy himself!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/derry-exile-bradley-fires-broadside-at-mciver-31322178.html

cornerback

I am actually in the pro-paddy bradley camp in that I think he still has something to offer at county level.  However, I think it would be more as a bit-part role & I'm doubtful whether or not Paddy would buy into that role!

However, this quote reminds me of Art McRory & The Rock:
"In the Derry leagues this year I am the top scorer and playing good enough football. Out of the top ten scorers in Division 1, 2 and 3, Cailean O'Boyle was the only one on the Derry panel."
If this is a measure of who should be in the Derry Panel, then Eoin wouldn't be on the panel.  Did it ever dawn on Paddy that county players haven't been playing much club league football!!

According to Paddy's twitter feed he has been misquoted but if that is the case he should be experienced enough at this stage in the media to know better.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Quote from: J70 on June 24, 2015, 01:10:19 AM
Paddy Bradley, the moan about not being asked on the panel aside, raises some questions about McIver's tactical ability on the line. Its something I always found wanting in him during his time in charge of Donegal. I remember one particular game where his lack of strength in this area involved dealing with Paddy himself!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/derry-exile-bradley-fires-broadside-at-mciver-31322178.html

Best saying nothing. Embarassing stuff ex players having a go at the manager.

JoG2

you're about the first Donegal man, management or supporter I've heard say anything other than positive re McIver's tenure with yourselves.

Bingo

I was at that radio broadcast where he give those quotes/interviews. I fail to see where he is misquoted but he was definitely lead down that line and he was answering questions put to him as they where discussing Derry and their lack of scoring options.

Don't think he said anything other than been honest.

J70

Quote from: JoG2 on June 24, 2015, 09:52:45 AM

you're about the first Donegal man, management or supporter I've heard say anything other than positive re McIver's tenure with yourselves.

I've said it on this board many times.

And given the disgraceful way in which he was personally treated, I doubt if I was the only one in the county who had doubts about him.

He did have a very good first season though.

redhandefender

Bradley is a big man talking thrash the week of his counties championship match. Its ok to dip in and out half hearted and slabber in the media when you don't have to back it up.

As someone said him and Cassidy are cut from the same cloth.

Main Street

Is that an O'Neill alias or a fragmented alias?

JoG2

Quote from: Main Street on June 24, 2015, 04:30:37 PM
Is that an O'Neill alias or a fragmented alias?

could well be but hands down its the most ridiculous moniker on the board . The irony of someone from Tyrone talking about another man slabbering is good craic !