Sligo v Roscommon. June 20th

Started by sligoman2, June 12, 2015, 03:18:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

I think Roscommon peaked earlier in the year, winning FBD and doing well in the league. They gave a bit extra earlier this year and are a bit flat now! Happened to Derry last year.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on June 21, 2015, 10:57:29 AM
Quote from: Itchy on June 21, 2015, 10:36:56 AM
League and championship are two different animals. Roscommon were beaten by their own arrogance which they have too much off. Manager talking about winning all Ireland's, what an idiot. Yer approach was insulting to your opponents who answered ye by kicking your arses.

Your usual garbage. We did not lose because weren't focused on Sligo - the players and the county definitely were. Kind of hope we get Cavan tomorrow's because of your ill-tempered shite.

I think everyone can read on these pages the completely unfounded arrogance around Roscommon. My shite is not ill tempered, it's more amused shite really.

giveballaghback

The vast majority of Ros supporters did not disrespect Sligo or were they talking up a team that we all know is average at best, but in every county there are ahls and bss and speaking of those 2 things you might have a look in the mirror yourself Itchy.

mad tan

Who will be in the hat with the Rossies for the draw

rrhf

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 21, 2015, 11:07:13 AM
I think Roscommon peaked earlier in the year, winning FBD and doing well in the league. They gave a bit extra earlier this year and are a bit flat now! Happened to Derry last year.

This is an idea I've heard a few times on here. Don't buy it.

We've been absolutely consistent in our form in the FBD, league and championship - good games backed up by diabolical ones. We made real progress in the league but we never played more than 35 minutes of good football at a time. If we really had looked on in the league I could buy the team putting extra effort and it making them a bit empty in the championship but we rarely looked too hectic.

Going by the last two games we're due a good game or two but I won't be holding my breath.

Itchy

Quote from: giveballaghback on June 21, 2015, 11:24:32 AM
The vast majority of Ros supporters did not disrespect Sligo or were they talking up a team that we all know is average at best, but in every county there are ahls and bss and speaking of those 2 things you might have a look in the mirror yourself Itchy.

You'll have to write that in English for, I'm useless at translating text speak of 14 year olds. Sorry.

SLIGONIAN

Isn't fascinating how little underage success mean when playing Sligo, like we have had none, and Roscommon have had loads even hammering our u21s earlier, but Flanagan, McDonnell and Brehony thrived yday and clearly can handle the step up, that fascinates me, with our minors up next we might not win Connacht but there's 7/8 seriously talented footballers in that team who Jesus if we can hold it together at senior another 2/3 yrs we will be in great shape. Our talented players just seem to step up easily from underage to senior.

Anything that happens now is a bonus for us at senior, I know most of us informed where not surprised with yday but for me we didn't play all that great, we can better, and we will need to, there was a spell second half where both teams went scoreless and we looked like kicking on moving the ball brilliantly so that will have to have finishing touch the next day. 2 chances at getting to all Ireland qtr is a great feeling and no doubt being underdogs and completely written off will suit us all the way.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

magpie seanie

Delighted with the result and by and large with the performance. The beauty of it from a Sligo perspective, facing into the huge challenge of Mayo in the final, is that it was far from a perfect performance. We have loads to work on but if we improve and can get close to our best who knows? That's for another day.

More comments when I get time.

giveballaghback

You have said it yourself itchy, your useless!

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ballinaman

Quote from: larryin89 on June 21, 2015, 12:54:26 PM
Where is gibbs?
Give him a break, must be hard to remember all the different username and passwords.

mylestheslasher

Anyone know will Sky be repeating the game?

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on June 21, 2015, 12:56:54 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 21, 2015, 12:54:26 PM
Where is gibbs?
Give him a break, must be hard to remember all the different username and passwords.

He was banned.

INDIANA

Terrible result for Roscommon. They've no hope as regards the AI Series and winning a Connacht Championship would have a real boost for the county.

I said at the start of the season Evans had stayed too long with this team and I think last night justifies that opinion.

Fair play to Sligo though- fantastic result. But they've got to back it up in the final. Otherwise it's just a flash in the pan.