Tyrone v Limerick Sunday 28th June 4pm Healy Park Omagh

Started by Fuzzman, June 08, 2015, 09:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on June 26, 2015, 12:56:25 AM
Quote from: The Burner on June 22, 2015, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on June 16, 2015, 10:20:58 PM
Was talking to my Kerry source today and he was saying that as part of their warmup a few weeks back the Kerry Juniors played the Limerick senior team and hammered them off the pitch.

He did said that it is a very strong Kerry Junior team this year (and said they will be very hard beat in terms of the Junior All-Ireland) but that this was basically something like their first or second session together as a team but they took Limerick apart.

He was if the opinion that if Tyrone don't cut them to pieces like a hot knife through butter, Tyrone can pack up their tents and go home for the year.
Your kerry source is talking shite

Not total shite..that game DID take place and Limerick were poor I'm told. Kerry won by 4 I was told. Kerry Juniors had full team out but Limerick might not have been full strength.

It's a horrible draw for Limerick and Tyrone should really be winning but there is some quality in that Limerick team. The likes of Ian Ryan, Seánie Buckley and Johnny McCarthy would hold their own in most company. They are missing quite a few quality players who they can't afford to lose though and certainly this wouldn't be the strongest panel they've had in recent seasons.

Just about to post this. It was before the Kerry Tipp Junior game though, so not sure what shape Limerick were in. The Kerry Juniors were beaten in the AIF last year, and won it the year before that. The rules of the competition mean you can't play the next year if you were on the winning team the year before, so that means Kerry have the choice of the lads that won in 2013, with the lads from 2014, plus a couple of good young minors and the like. They weren't overly impressive against a Tipperary team that had basically done no work as a group this year, but they definitely have a few good players. That said, I'd have expected a proper inter county senior team to handle them.

mcslaggart

I was wondering can you get tickets for this match at the ground?

I tried to get into Omagh today but with the long tailback due to the cycling I give up.

Redhand Santa

Yeah can get tickets at game and children in free I think. Hope the traffic isn't too bad tomorrow with the cycling.

tyroneman

Town centre supposed to be closed right up to 4pm. Could be a nightmare.

Throw ball

If Limerick are anything like the team that played Armagh in the league then Tyrone should win this by 10+.

omagh_gael

Notifications in the lead up to this weekend said today's cycling was due to finish at 4pm. Town was still completely closed (almost all entry points) at 6pm. You cannot get from Dublin road to bus depot crossroads that take you out to Healy Park. The main start/finish area is there. If I was coming in from Dublin road I'd park up around Dunnes stores and walk it.

Fuzzman

OmaghJoe if I wanted to go to Dublin in a hurry after the game would I head out Julian's Rd towards Killyclogher or will that be blocked off or busy?

omaghjoe

It can get a bit futery that way, every junction you are minor road, so it can be hit and miss depending on the crowd. But The Circular road is better as you have to turn onto it from St Julian Road anyway if I was goin that way I would usually go the Glencam Road, which also takes you onto the Old Mountfield Road (Omagh-Killyclogher Road). Again its crowd dependent, if its a big match, there is nothing easy. But for this match ye should be alright

Where is your ultimate goal? Killyclogher or the Cookstown Road?

omagh_gael

There will be no roads closed after the game, they're due to reopen at 3pm so there should be just the usual traffic leaving the game. However, yesterday the roads were due open at 5pm and it was still on lockdown when I was leaving the town at 6.10pm so I am anticipating chaos coming into the town from all approaches before the game. Hopefully they've got their act together after yesterday.

Fuzzman

Ultimate goal is Sam of course and beating Dubs in the final and Donegal is the semi but am not too hopeful.
We'll be bound for Dublin again after the game but if main road is open and not too busy might go that way but I know the back roads reasonably well.

tippabu

Quote from: Throw ball on June 27, 2015, 08:54:37 PM
If Limerick are anything like the team that played Armagh in the league then Tyrone should win this by 10+.

If theyre anything like the team that played tipp then tyrone should win by 20+!!

Fuzzman

It's a lose lose game no matter what Tyrone does today.
Personally I'd like to see us approach it ruthlessly like Fermanagh 1/4 final game in 2003.
Is the draw Monday morning 8.30?
I know I know look at Wexford Fuzz.

theticklemister

Ye would fancy Tyrone to beat the ten point handicap here

Archie Mitchell

What roads are closed round Omagh today before the game? I seen something posted during the week advising people not to arrive before 3pm!!

omagh_gael

The only roads fully closed are the town centre and the road that fronts the bus depot. Unfortunately most match traffic goes this way. Every single road to Healy park from all directions is part of the cycle route so there are traffic controls (cops and stewards) on most junctions. If the cycle runs over, like it did yesterday then it will be bedlam!