New Car

Started by An Watcher, June 04, 2015, 05:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: snoopdog on June 05, 2015, 04:54:09 PM
i have a Hyundai Santa fe the last model and its great. more of a jeep than a cross over probably, I dont have it that long but its great plenty of poke for the size of it. tons of space also, abundant in the south, not so many in the wee 6 though. although i think they only come with a 2.2 litre engine and above. a 2012 one would be pricey enough.

+1, got the missus one from new for knocking down walls, backing into trees and the like but love driving it myself. Great room in it and drives like a smaller yoke.
Don't Panic

GJL

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 05, 2015, 07:37:31 PM
Always thought the X5 was the best of this type. A friend had one. Great motor.

X5 is a great yoke but a different market than what is being discussed. I have a 7 seater X5 at present and love it.

on the sideline

Lads this is probably going to sound like a stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyway. 

Went to look at a car in a dealership last Sunday night with the oul boy.  Car was immaculate apart from one chip on the on the underside of the front bumper on the drivers side and a wee smudge on the back bumper.  Went back on the Monday for a test drive and loved it - gave it another good look over and again only flaws to be seen were the two mentioned. Told the salesman I was very interested but wanted my own mechanic to have a look over it before I put any money down. He came up with me on the Tuesday. He found no flaws apart from the two that I'd seen too. Put down a deposit after that.  Went back on Friday to do paperwork. Noticed a few wee chips on bottom of front bumper that hadn't been seen before. Said to the salesman and he said they'd be touched in.  Went home after thinking that I definitely hadn't noticed them before then.  Anyway called back up tonight to show the brother while he was home. The bonnet of the car is now noticeably chipped in several places and has been "patched" and I use that term lightly - with what looks more like tipex than white paint. There's no way I would have missed that or indeed my dad or mechanic.  Now the same dealership had two identical white cars in it on the Friday too. They're not there now.

Is there a chance they would have or could have swapped bonnets??? If there is how would I know or prove it?  Or how else would any of you explain it?

Or are all 3 of us just blind?

I'm supposed to go and pay for it tomorrow but have already signed paperwork on Friday and have my insurance paid on it because I was originally going to pick it up on Saturday. I'm in two minds now whether to go ahead or not cos of the money involved. It's a white A class Merc.

Hereiam

I would say some of the staff have been using it to travel to work. See it happen all the time.

qubdub

It could have been on other test drives; but more importantly, an A class merc what are you thinking!?

theskull1

nice looking wee car IMO ... do they have gremlins lurking?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

on the sideline

Quote from: Hereiam on August 15, 2016, 12:09:10 AM
I would say some of the staff have been using it to travel to work. See it happen all the time.

Quote from: qubdub on August 15, 2016, 09:29:53 AM
It could have been on other test drives; but more importantly, an A class merc what are you thinking!?

If I had a deposit paid then surely it shouldn't have been taken for either another test drive or by one of the salesmen?

They've left a voicemail asking what time I'm coming to pick it up so obviously they think they're going to leave it like that.

Qubdub why what's up with them? Anyone I know who has one has recommended them when I asked about them.

Hereiam

Quote from: on the sideline on August 15, 2016, 10:23:37 AM

If I had a deposit paid then surely it shouldn't have been taken for either another test drive or by one of the salesmen?

They've left a voicemail asking what time I'm coming to pick it up so obviously they think they're going to leave it like that.

Qubdub why what's up with them? Anyone I know who has one has recommended them when I asked about them.

In an ideal world that would be the case.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Hereiam on August 15, 2016, 10:30:54 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on August 15, 2016, 10:23:37 AM

In an ideal world that would be the case.
You are entitled to change your mind, I'd bet that rather than lose a sale altogether they will work with you.

theskull1

I think with car purchases one you sign on the dotted line and pay your deposit, I believe you are duty bound to pay in full for the car ... there is no cooling off period AFAIA.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

screenexile

Quote from: theskull1 on August 16, 2016, 11:41:26 AM
I think with car purchases one you sign on the dotted line and pay your deposit, I believe you are duty bound to pay in full for the car ... there is no cooling off period AFAIA.

If you're up North there is. . .

I wouldn't be paying for it if I was you ots I'd be giving out yards to them that the car has been used since you agreed to buy it and it's not acceptable. Hopefully you haven't paid too much of a deposit and you'll be able to leave it if possible.

rosnarun

more to the point id bring back the mechanic as if they have changed the bonnet god knows what else they may have swapped out
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

johnneycool

Quote from: rosnarun on August 16, 2016, 03:42:09 PM
more to the point id bring back the mechanic as if they have changed the bonnet god knows what else they may have swapped out

I knew a guy who had a test drive in a Mondeo from a ford dealer in Craigavon, he liked the car and paid a deposit. When he went to pick it up he thought they'd changed the two back tail light clusters to those from a lesser model, so he refused to pick it up and went and done a bit of homework on the car VIN which allegedly tells you what spec everything is and yes indeed the hoors had swapped them.

He gurned and was going to Ford UK about it and they finally put the original tali light clusters back in.

But it seems its not uncommon......

Tony Baloney

Quote from: johnneycool on August 16, 2016, 03:59:45 PM

I knew a guy who had a test drive in a Mondeo from a ford dealer in Craigavon, he liked the car and paid a deposit. When he went to pick it up he thought they'd changed the two back tail light clusters to those from a lesser model, so he refused to pick it up and went and done a bit of homework on the car VIN which allegedly tells you what spec everything is and yes indeed the hoors had swapped them.

He gurned and was going to Ford UK about it and they finally put the original tali light clusters back in.

That particular crew are cnuts.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 16, 2016, 06:22:57 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on August 16, 2016, 03:59:45 PM

That particular crew are cnuts.
Did you buy anything yet?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.