FIFA Corruption arrests.

Started by topcuppla, May 27, 2015, 08:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on May 28, 2015, 01:42:49 PM
He is absolutely scum, but if your issue with him is that he was withering about the pathetic appeal of the FAI and the hypocritical bleating of the Irish people over Henry, rather then you know, slave workers in Qatar, deaths of slave workers in Qatar, gay bashing in both Russia and Qatar or the overall corruption and moral emptiness of FIFA, then I'd suggest your priorities are wrong.

No - my priorities are correct. The other things are way more serious and a given. This issue is related more to Ireland and as I said for a sports administrator to conduct himself the way this guy does is beyond belief.

It does look like the arrests and sponsors statements etc are a co-ordinated attack. Fair play to whoever is behind it anyway - this dirtbird and his backers have to be removed.

Main Street

Quote from: gallsman on May 28, 2015, 01:31:58 PM

And anyone he directed it at deserved it for being so moronic about it. Players cheat constantly in games, it just happened that this particular instance cost Ireland a goal. Robbie Keane cheated earlier in that campaign to grab a winner over Georgia I think it was and nobody every brings it up. Laughable.
What are you on about Riobbie Keane cheating against Georgia to get a winner? Senseless drivel.

stew

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 27, 2015, 11:03:04 AM
If we can get the finger out Casement could yet host the World Cup!!

Aye, sure Windsor could host the final! :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Syferus

stew

Quote from: muppet on May 27, 2015, 11:38:10 PM
Quote from: stew on May 27, 2015, 09:34:55 PM
Blatter is sudenly going to get ill and will be too frail to A. Continue in his capacity as FIFA President and B. To stand trial for the sins he was involved in/oversaw in fixing world cup venues, bribery and corruption and most importantly, the use of slave labor in Qatar and Africa among other places.

The man is pure scum and I hope he rots in jail.

I suspect Blatter is, shall we say, unreliable. I hope any investigation confirms my beliefs. I suspected Lance Armstrong was the same and was delighted when my beliefs were confirmed.

Stew iirc you attacked posters on here for questioning Lance Armstrong without evidence, yet without evidence (unless you have something in which case please show it) you want Blatter to rot in jail.

Eh Armstrong never had a released positive test and was the single most tested Athlete of all Time.

Blatters FIFA has had top officials jailed for asking for Bribes.

Jack Warner.

CONACAF. Jack Warner, whistleblowers, the IRS, The Government of the United States has built a case against the **** spanning decades.

The way he went against FIFA's own rules and seeded the playoffs which had a direct impact on Ireland when they were involved, he tried to get the French and the Russians in and got that half right, no way was that bastard going to give Ireland another crack at the French, too many eyeballs and too much money to let that happen.

Islands with a population of 5,000 that are not even considered a nation have the same voting rights as Germany, England or Brazil.

His track record of allowing workers to be abused in South Africa and his backing of Qatar even though those bastards are holding foreign nationals passports and refusing to let them out of the country, one of who was an Austrian division 2 player of some note.

The man has been a blight on the sport for forty years and I stand by my comments, if you cannot see the difference between his case and that of Armstrongs I cannot help you.

gallsman

Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2015, 04:30:07 PM

And anyone he directed it at deserved it for being so moronic about it. Players cheat constantly in games, it just happened that this particular instance cost Ireland a goal. Robbie Keane cheated earlier in that campaign to grab a winner over Georgia I think it was and nobody every brings it up. Laughable.
What are you on about Riobbie Keane cheating against Georgia to get a winner? Senseless drivel.

My recollection is that prior to the absolute joke of a penalty (which Ireland were only too happy to get), Keane handled the ball played into him after it came off his chest. Nothing senseless about it.

Main Street

Quote from: gallsman on May 28, 2015, 05:16:34 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 28, 2015, 04:30:07 PM

My recollection is that prior to the absolute joke of a penalty (which Ireland were only too happy to get), Keane handled the ball played into him after it came off his chest. Nothing senseless about it.
You haven't said anything  to support your  claim that "Robbie Keane cheated earlier in that campaign to grab a winner over Georgia", The winner in that game was scored by a diving header by Keane, there were no issues with it at all.

Now you seamlessly move your goalposts  and  change the narrative of your story to some  event before "a joke of a penalty".
It was no joke of a penalty to those who understand the laws. It was a soft penalty to concede but it was a penalty, the ref was looking right at it, the Georgian defender made a slight but no ticable movement towards the ball, making contact to the ball with his upper arm. It was soft but it was 100% kosher and it came after a stonewall penalty claim was denied earlier. A penalty is awarded against a player who deliberately makes a movement  using  their upper arm to nudge the ball away, even if there is no goal threat.
Strange that you saw a Keane handball in the buildup that nobody else claimed  happened, probably because the ball came off Robbie's chest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvewicmRNdw

Zulu

Don't know about the Keane incident but Gallsman is 100% right about the embarrassing carry on of the FAI and many Irish folk over Henry's handball. A tough break for Ireland but one that has happened a hundred times over to countless teams and individuals in sport.

stew

Quote from: Zulu on May 28, 2015, 07:48:57 PM
Don't know about the Keane incident but Gallsman is 100% right about the embarrassing carry on of the FAI and many Irish folk over Henry's handball. A tough break for Ireland but one that has happened a hundred times over to countless teams and individuals in sport.

It was embarrassing but Blatter was no doubt delighted it happened, Population was what he was going after, he wanted all the biggest countries there so more money could be spent and he has been a nightmare and a blight on football for forty years!

armaghniac

it said there on TV that the FIFA HQ had 4 subterranean levels, just like the barracks in Cross! Perhaps the IFA should move there. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: Zulu on May 28, 2015, 07:48:57 PM
Well if you cared you could look at the linked  video and offer an opinion but it might disturb your elevation of Gallsman  to the level of oracle,
However, just because you agree with Gallsman does not mean he's 100% right. unless you are under the illusion that you are 100% right.  Is this a discussion with absolutists and Indiana isn't even involved? :)

Henry's was a blatant piece of cheating which he wasn't proud of, neither were many of his peers or his compatriots,  around the world the incident hit a sentiment,  it was an extraordinary incident in a very high profile game, by one of the world's great players in a top european team against one of the underdog teams who had given a great account of themselves in the game. So yes any Irish soccer fan had a right to feel aggrieved and done by,  but sure enough you find 'assholes pointing out as if we didn't know, that actually there is a bit a cheating in the game etc etc.
'Ah sure  there was some cheating 2 years ago by so and so  therefore   get over it'  nonsense
  Delaney can act the complete buffoon , why is that news? we know that,   but as was pointed out, Blatter acted the complete and utter ásshole by humiliating him and the FAI on the public stage, that incident  was to Blatter's discredit not the FAI.
What you haven't noted in the article is that Delaney takes credit for inspiring UEFA to make progressive changes, claims he is a good friend of Platini, and  that UEFA are smart enough to realise that Delaney is a man they can listen to and get guidance.

Zulu

I didn't elevate gallsman to 'the level of Oracle', whatever that means, I simply agreed with him that we were embarrassingly ridiculous in our moaning about an incident that happens every week in sport. I just watched your link and I thought we got a very soft penalty but that has nothing to do with my view that we were an embarrassment in our moaning about the French goal. Cheating goes on every week in soccer, by Irish soccer players too, so climbing on the high moral ground like many Irish soccer folk did was an utter embarrassment. And that's not to mention how we would have ridiculed the French if the shoe was on the other foot for complaining. The reaction of the Irish soccer crowd to the handball must be a low point in Irish sport, our whinging was  a joke.

Syferus

We were right to make a stink. Hell it was one of the key moments in Blatter caving on more officials behind the goal.

Zulu

No we weren't. I'd give some credence if it was for a day or two while emotions were high but pissing and moaning for days (weeks?) on end was a national joke.

An Watcher

I'm no fan of FIFA but I do feel they're being targeted because they didn't give the brits the world cup. A few news stories about blatter and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. What has he done that is so wrong? I've no complaints if he's shafted a few PL teams or annoyed the English soccer team. England are not the world governing body.